Amazon sucks...

#1xXhakuhyouXxPosted 6/15/2011 6:36:28 PM(edited)
So, back when I was about 13, I was pretty stupid. And I ordered Tetris DS on Amazon. From a "Just Launched" seller. Yeaaah, you can see where this is going. For those of you who don't, it turned out to be a pirate, that I unknowingly bought (Cost me $45, plus shipping! HIGHWAY FRIGGIN' ROBBERY!), and the seller deleted his account. I don't worry about returning pirates anyways, 'cause the sellers start getting all mad at you if you try.

Anyways, I forgot about that little incident, and just bought Chrono Trigger DS on Amazon last week. I was like "Hmmm, weird... My e-mail says my Pete's Dragon record already shipped, but Chrono Trigger didn't?". I went to check my order status yesterday, and I was refunded, and the sellers account was cancelled, and so was the order. So I just bought one for $25, new, from the Amazon warehouse.

And, I know why their account was cancelled. Because they were selling a pirate. I remembered seeing "Just Launched" on their item description, afterwards. Someone was watching out for me up there. The pirate seller got busted before I got a pirate. So then I could get a legit Chrono Trigger- because pirated ones, despite what model DS you play them on, just repeat portals (Whatever THAT may mean. Does that mean you step into a portal and it just stays on that psychedelic screen? Or does it just bring you back to the same place you went in?), so I've heard.
---
Systems I own: Turbographix -16; NES; SNES; Sega Genesis (Model 2); portable Sega Genesis; N64; Gamecube; Wii; GB; GBC; GBA; GBA SP; DS; DSi; PSX; PS1; PS2; PS3
#2LBokshaPosted 6/16/2011 7:25:38 AM
All of this buying and selling of pirates really needs to end. Slavery isn't something we should allow to continue in this day and age.
---
You try to run away. But there's no escape! The enemy tries to run away. But there's no escape!
#3JLukasPosted 6/16/2011 10:30:11 PM
Buying from Amazon itself is fine (when it says Shipped and Sold by Amazon.com) but you really have to check the feedback first of any third party Marketplace sellers.
---
signature
#4TOG218Posted 6/19/2011 3:20:09 PM
When someone attempts to pirate Chrono Trigger for DS, the Gate sequence (the "psychedelic" thing you were asking about) loops forever. It's one of those anti-piracy things that Square Enix put on the game so that people would actually buy the game instead of downloading it illegally.
---
[1N.CH405.1.7RU57] - TOG218
#5The_Wild_TigerPosted 7/1/2011 3:23:16 PM

Pirating the game seems like one of the only ways to play this freakin game nowadays. Ur lucky to find a SNES cart and if you do it will cost you an arm and a leg to get it, PS1 version was a promotional item so good luck finding that and now I can't even find a DS version anywhere!!. Seriously, I know alot of ppl hold this game on a ridiculous pedestal and everythin but it really bothers me that I pretty much have to pirate the game if I want to play it.

#6AlmasNo1FanPosted 7/2/2011 1:58:03 PM
its brand new from the amazon warehouse for $18...
---
http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab307/yeahthatboy/gamefaqsqueens.png
By: ilikeikeilikeik
#7kg21mvp2004Posted 7/3/2011 12:40:24 PM
TOG218 posted...
When someone attempts to pirate Chrono Trigger for DS, the Gate sequence (the "psychedelic" thing you were asking about) loops forever. It's one of those anti-piracy things that Square Enix put on the game so that people would actually buy the game instead of downloading it illegally.

i kno someone who has it illegally n works perfectly
---
Giants Record 12-4 Prediction:11-5 Twolves 10-25 Predition:35-47
#8cleanchrisPosted 7/19/2011 8:27:40 PM
yeah, srsly, this game is not hard to find.

my local Best Buy has about 20 or so copies for 20 bucks a pop.

& Amazon has it in stock, not to mention they still have ps1 copies in stock for a reasonable price...

& the game is coming to PSN as well.

not hard to find at all...
---
RIP apocalyPS3 2011/hurray Wii Rebirth 2012 (this is not fanboyism, plz flame away).
#9jimmuyPosted 7/23/2011 12:51:10 PM
i bought a copy new a year ago at EB for 20 so you might want to check to stores.
---
Need cogent signature.
#10TOG218Posted 8/10/2011 11:05:29 AM
kg21mvp2004 posted...
TOG218 posted...

i kno someone who has it illegally n works perfectly

If it was the DS version, then it loops at the first gate sequence. The SNES ROM most definitely works perfectly, though
---
[1N.CH405.1.7RU57] - TOG218