Amazon sucks...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Chrono Trigger
  3. Amazon sucks...

User Info: xXhakuhyouXx

xXhakuhyouXx
5 years ago#1
So, back when I was about 13, I was pretty stupid. And I ordered Tetris DS on Amazon. From a "Just Launched" seller. Yeaaah, you can see where this is going. For those of you who don't, it turned out to be a pirate, that I unknowingly bought (Cost me $45, plus shipping! HIGHWAY FRIGGIN' ROBBERY!), and the seller deleted his account. I don't worry about returning pirates anyways, 'cause the sellers start getting all mad at you if you try.

Anyways, I forgot about that little incident, and just bought Chrono Trigger DS on Amazon last week. I was like "Hmmm, weird... My e-mail says my Pete's Dragon record already shipped, but Chrono Trigger didn't?". I went to check my order status yesterday, and I was refunded, and the sellers account was cancelled, and so was the order. So I just bought one for $25, new, from the Amazon warehouse.

And, I know why their account was cancelled. Because they were selling a pirate. I remembered seeing "Just Launched" on their item description, afterwards. Someone was watching out for me up there. The pirate seller got busted before I got a pirate. So then I could get a legit Chrono Trigger- because pirated ones, despite what model DS you play them on, just repeat portals (Whatever THAT may mean. Does that mean you step into a portal and it just stays on that psychedelic screen? Or does it just bring you back to the same place you went in?), so I've heard.
Systems I own: Turbographix -16; NES; SNES; Sega Genesis (Model 2); portable Sega Genesis; N64; Gamecube; Wii; GB; GBC; GBA; GBA SP; DS; DSi; PSX; PS1; PS2; PS3

User Info: LBoksha

LBoksha
5 years ago#2
All of this buying and selling of pirates really needs to end. Slavery isn't something we should allow to continue in this day and age.
You try to run away. But there's no escape! The enemy tries to run away. But there's no escape!

User Info: JLukas

JLukas
5 years ago#3
Buying from Amazon itself is fine (when it says Shipped and Sold by Amazon.com) but you really have to check the feedback first of any third party Marketplace sellers.
signature

User Info: TOG218

TOG218
5 years ago#4
When someone attempts to pirate Chrono Trigger for DS, the Gate sequence (the "psychedelic" thing you were asking about) loops forever. It's one of those anti-piracy things that Square Enix put on the game so that people would actually buy the game instead of downloading it illegally.
[1N.CH405.1.7RU57] - TOG218

User Info: The_Wild_Tiger

The_Wild_Tiger
5 years ago#5

Pirating the game seems like one of the only ways to play this freakin game nowadays. Ur lucky to find a SNES cart and if you do it will cost you an arm and a leg to get it, PS1 version was a promotional item so good luck finding that and now I can't even find a DS version anywhere!!. Seriously, I know alot of ppl hold this game on a ridiculous pedestal and everythin but it really bothers me that I pretty much have to pirate the game if I want to play it.

User Info: AlmasNo1Fan

AlmasNo1Fan
5 years ago#6
its brand new from the amazon warehouse for $18...
http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab307/yeahthatboy/gamefaqsqueens.png
By: ilikeikeilikeik

User Info: kg21mvp2004

kg21mvp2004
5 years ago#7
TOG218 posted...
When someone attempts to pirate Chrono Trigger for DS, the Gate sequence (the "psychedelic" thing you were asking about) loops forever. It's one of those anti-piracy things that Square Enix put on the game so that people would actually buy the game instead of downloading it illegally.

i kno someone who has it illegally n works perfectly
Giants Record 12-4 Prediction:11-5 Twolves 10-25 Predition:35-47

User Info: cleanchris

cleanchris
5 years ago#8
yeah, srsly, this game is not hard to find.

my local Best Buy has about 20 or so copies for 20 bucks a pop.

& Amazon has it in stock, not to mention they still have ps1 copies in stock for a reasonable price...

& the game is coming to PSN as well.

not hard to find at all...
RIP apocalyPS3 2011/hurray Wii Rebirth 2012 (this is not fanboyism, plz flame away).

User Info: jimmuy

jimmuy
5 years ago#9
i bought a copy new a year ago at EB for 20 so you might want to check to stores.
Need cogent signature.

User Info: TOG218

TOG218
5 years ago#10
kg21mvp2004 posted...
TOG218 posted...

i kno someone who has it illegally n works perfectly

If it was the DS version, then it loops at the first gate sequence. The SNES ROM most definitely works perfectly, though
[1N.CH405.1.7RU57] - TOG218
  1. Boards
  2. Chrono Trigger
  3. Amazon sucks...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived