How long does it take you to beat this now?

#1DrummerShane12Posted 4/22/2013 9:01:07 AM
On a first play through non new game plus completing all the character quests and beating lavos through the black omen how long does it take you. I have beaten this game a few times and I'm replaying the iphone version. I'm at 17 hours in the middle of the black omen at level 47
#2Rocky2418Posted 4/22/2013 5:02:25 PM
Yeah, that sounds about how long I take. Probably 19 or 20 hours or so - also completing everything in the game. I never speed run or anything. That's just my average casual-paced time for a new game.
---
"Why is it so hard? ... Why can't you just take me? ... I don't have much to go... before... I fade completely..." - Kelly Clarkson
#3VeghEstherPosted 4/22/2013 9:30:34 PM
I could beat the entire game in about 15 hours that's with the black omen x3 visits done.

However the lost sanctum itself took me another 5 + after beating the game instead of doing a NG+ file I entered the 3 Dimensional Vortex dungeons and that took me a hour or 3 to complete all 3.

However just by doing the lost sanctum (I started it at 45) and ended it at level 70.
#4FallenStar2565Posted 4/23/2013 2:31:37 PM
I don't watch the clock anymore - I hate paying attention to minor details such as that - but when the game first came out for the SNES, I remember renting it after school on a Friday afternoon - say around 3 or 4 PM... and getting all the way to Magus by about 9 or 10 PM and then getting to the Ocean Palace scene from about 5/6 AM the next morning to about 8 or 9... and then finishing up the game by the early afternoon hours.

Factoring in sleep and eating time, as well as "refresh time", I'd gather about 20 hours total playtime. Nowadays, though... I hyper-level like heck just for the lulz and it takes me like 17 hours just to get into the future the first time, lol

---
"Thou art such a pain in that... confound it all! Now I'm starting to talk like you!" - Sabin
"Wow... Me fail English? That's unpossible!"
#5VeghEstherPosted 4/23/2013 3:35:10 PM
Well I hyper level as well as in had all the level 2 attacks spells + Heal beam (heckran fight) hit level 25 for that fight and still reached the Black Omen itself around the 15 hours mark.
#6FallenStar2565Posted 4/23/2013 3:45:06 PM
Level 25, pffff... I'm usually on level 30 by then, Vegh =P

---
"Thou art such a pain in that... confound it all! Now I'm starting to talk like you!" - Sabin
#7CeebsPosted 4/23/2013 7:43:14 PM
<< I don't watch the clock anymore - I hate paying attention to minor details such as that - but when the game first came out for the SNES, I remember renting it after school on a Friday afternoon - say around 3 or 4 PM... and getting all the way to Magus by about 9 or 10 PM and then getting to the Ocean Palace scene from about 5/6 AM the next morning to about 8 or 9... and then finishing up the game by the early afternoon hours. >>

No sarcasm - that's a nice story. :) I miss the attention span and plenitude of gaming time of being young.
---
&#12516;&#12483;&#12479;&#12540;!
#8FallenStar2565Posted 4/23/2013 8:10:02 PM
Ceebs posted...
No sarcasm - that's a nice story. :) I miss the attention span and plenitude of gaming time of being young.

That wasn't the only game I did that with; I also did FFII US (what I now know as FFIV) in a similar manner - I rented that one from a local grocery store that had a small video rental area within. I don't think I ever got too far with that one in the rental period but I did go out and buy it rather quickly too... and I enjoyed it immensely. That's why I'm as big a Final Fantasy fan as I am now... although XII was the last game I played and X-2 as close as being the last one I had *some* interest in.

There were times back then I'd stay up or get up past my bedtime to play games... and then get in trouble for it, xD. Damn parents with their damn bedtimes, LOL

---