I Stand Corrected..

#1Goten1265Posted 3/15/2010 5:46:51 PM
I know there have been many posts in regards to this, however I ask for your patience.....

As a fan of the series since the first installment of the series, I was truly disappointed to learn of the many cuts Yakuza 3 would suffer, and equally disappointed by Sega's awkward way of announcing the cuts, and poor handling of the post announcement onslaught by the fans.

I was frustrated enough to consider canceling my pre-order and waiting to see if the missing content would be available at a later date as DLC. The lure of Kazuma's story proved too much of a draw for me I suppose, and I decided to go ahead and give Sega another try...and my 60.00. I will also mention here that I bought FFXIII as well.

Hourly tally:

FFXIII - 5 hours in. And I am still on the fence. Not loving it yet.
Yakuza 3 - 10 hours in and have loved every minute...with the exception of Golf and Fishing...which I am historically, epically bad at. But that is my problem, not Sega's.

I can honestly say that Yakuza 3 has proven me wrong. I don't agree with Sega's free wheeling surgery on Yakuza's content, I haven't missed the hostess side quests at all. I would even go so far as to say they probably should have just left the girls out altogether at this point. Having the girls haunt the Smile Burger to pick up men just feels...disjointed somehow without the entire "spend a fortune in a hostess bar to get to this point" prologue.
In fact, Kazuma's relationship with the kids at the orphanage has served more to round out his character than schmoozing around with overly tanned, overly made up, badly dressed women....but that's just me.....

I will support Yakuza 3 because I want to play Yakuza 4...whether that is Good, Bad, or Indifferent, is entirely up to you, fellow fans.

And a huge Thank You to ThePatrick for the FAQs. I have been using your guides for a reference since I purchased the first Yakuza on release day. Your hard work is greatly appreciated, and I would not have been able to deliver completed reviews on time for Yakuza 1 and 2 if not for your FAQs.

Ganbatte Kudasai!
---
Gambler: What? Kill me if you can!
Sanjuro: It'll hurt.
#2mario_potPosted 3/15/2010 6:02:14 PM
i am incresingly getting happier i chose this and not FFXIII , especially since i almost had a hcange of heart at the register...someone else told me they were dissapointed with XIII also.
---
Are you living or just breathing to death? GT:mariopot psn: mario_pot
#3Rentedninja86Posted 3/16/2010 7:13:54 AM
I'm about 20 hours in on ff13 and love it. I'm on chapter 3 on yakuza 3 and love it as well. I think the only game I'm truly dissapointed in getting is fairytale fighters.
---
"ok rumblers,let's rumble!"
#4ImmortalUberPosted 3/16/2010 7:22:35 AM
I played both versions, and to be honest I don't really care about the cuts. I'm enjoying every second of the game. Best game I played in ages.
#5GLAMPIREPosted 3/16/2010 10:23:02 AM
I got 22 hours in on Yakuza 3 so far, on Chapter 6 (At the start of it, I am just doing side stuff), and I am loving this game. My first experience with a Yakuza game.

I really hope we get Yakuza 4.
---
XBL Gamertag Andii Vamp
PSN ID andii_vamp
#6Shy420Posted 3/16/2010 10:32:33 AM
Hourly tally:

FFXIII - 5 hours in. And I am still on the fence. Not loving it yet.
Yakuza 3 - 10 hours in and have loved every minute...with the exception of Golf and Fishing...which I am historically, epically bad at. But that is my problem, not Sega's.

Final Fantasy XIII must get better after 5 hours. I've played for a little less than 5 hours and feel the same way. I was impressed by the graphic and thought the combat was promising but it just didn't feel great.

Yakuza 4 on the other hand I've got about 12 hours in and much like you have enjoyed every moment of it. I've played gold one but fish every time I'm on the beach. I really like how well the cutscenes are done. I would put up the liveliness of the cities in this game world against anything else that's out. I'm looking at you GTA IV
---
"Things aren't different. Things are just things." -Wintermute
#7boyvu22Posted 3/16/2010 10:23:40 PM
Uhh just a side note to fish the easiest way to get fist is to aim the rod in the direction that the fish is heading towards while reeling in.

and YES! I agree. This game was definately more than what I expected; and I'm pretty interested in the side missions. For some reason in the last game I didn't get into the side missions...but the ones in this are great! Especially the one with Rikiyus childhood bikini friend
---
T: I should call the Hot Cops and tell them to dress up as something more nautically themed. Hot sailors, maybe. Or better yet, hot sea
M: I like hot sailors.