Game won't start

#1Garrison4Posted 1/12/2011 11:40:35 AM

I just installed this game on my macbook running windows vista with bootcamp, the installation went fine but know i can't open the game. I can get the launch pad open but when i hit play game the launch pad closes and then nothing happens. does anybody know what might be going on im itching to play this game.

#2nrpeacockPosted 1/12/2011 6:36:19 PM
I'm having the exact same issue (except I'm using Windows XP SP3 with Boot Camp on my MBP), and on the official forums there were a couple people having the same issue with Windows 7 (although I'm not sure if they were using a PC or a Mac). So the Windows OS doesn't seem to be the issue. I've reinstalled DCUO, updated drivers, updated Active X and flash, etc. with no luck. It might work for you though. Did you get it from Steam? I just ended up submitting emails to tech support at Steam and Sony Online Entertainment. I'll repost what they say on here when they get back to me.
#3chuckiechan01Posted 1/13/2011 10:55:26 PM
Yeah, I'm having the exact same problem. I used the SOE chat assistance and that was no help at all; the guy said he would email, but no response. It's rather annoying that I can't play this game :/. Oh well, if I hear back from them before you do I'll post my response email!
#4WakinPosted 1/14/2011 6:34:04 AM

I have also experienced this problem where the launcher will close after it connects to the server and check for updates.

I have read elsewhere in this forum that installing Microsoft .NET Framework may resolve this problem. As my OS is Windows 7 64-bit, I have to install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0. It does not.

I attempted to reinstall the whole game - using the default folder for game saves (C:/user/public/....). It works perfectly after that.

Not sure if this is the problem but hope it works for you too.

#5BigEz21Posted 1/18/2011 5:14:58 PM

Same thing is going on with me! I'm running it through Virtualbox though, with Windows XP. I had several different problems, and got those fixed. But then once i could finaly hit the play button it just kinda flashed the screen and went away, super dissapointing.

#6amandaseixasPosted 1/19/2011 12:19:32 PM
I have the same problem! I installed the game in my macbook pro (13inh) by boot camp (windows xp sp3) and I had no problem to run the launch pad (my husband got at his pc) but after I hit "play" nothing nothing nothing happend!
ps: sorry about my bad english, Im brazillian
#7seym8302Posted 1/19/2011 3:52:59 PM
I get the same thing. Has anyone found out how to fix this? Spending money on a game I can't play thing is kind of annoying.
#8skeeter1255Posted 1/19/2011 4:09:24 PM

I have the SAME Problem!! nothing works!!

Has there been a solution for this?

#9amandaseixasPosted 1/19/2011 4:51:13 PM
After talk with a agent at the live chat he gave me a link to download a setup file and try repair, but NOTHING happens...the problem stills the same!
Im wondering if that is a problem excluxive of mac users or if it is a issue for pc users as well... Im REALLY REALLY ANGRY!
#10skeeter1255Posted 1/19/2011 5:06:08 PM

amandaseixas posted...
After talk with a agent at the live chat he gave me a link to download a setup file and try repair, but NOTHING happens...the problem stills the same! Im wondering if that is a problem excluxive of mac users or if it is a issue for pc users as well... Im REALLY REALLY ANGRY!

Well im on PC... Fully stocked and can run anything, yet this game wont work.

This is a first for me.