Changing power color?

#1mcjohna16Posted 1/19/2011 10:42:03 AM
Is it possible to change the color of your powers?

Someone told me in game that you can do it at the watchtower, is this true?
If so, where? =S
#2Dark OnePosted 1/19/2011 10:49:21 AM
No, this game sadly took hardly any cues from superior superhero MMOs.
---
I would only agree that a symbolic clock is as nourishing to the intellect as a photograph of oxygen to a drowning man.
#3VobeDarkElfPosted 1/19/2011 11:18:03 AM
Your power colors are pre-defined so that other people can easily tell what power type you are. This is probably more of a PvP thing than anything.

It also prevents stupid things like Pink fire or Green ice.
#4mcjohna16(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2011 11:23:38 AM
But what if my heroes ability is to shoot magical pink fire that can't be put out, from his "Magentflare Gauntlets"?
#5VobeDarkElfPosted 1/19/2011 11:30:09 AM
Well, I had about four or five character concepts myself that I can't make work in this game due to the limitations of the costume system. The answer is 'too bad'. This isn't a game that boasts complete customization.
#6quanticdreamPosted 1/19/2011 11:46:01 AM
and can you change where you shoot your powers from?
I mean, like, shooting that first ice beam not from the eyes, but from your hands?
#7Dark OnePosted 1/19/2011 11:47:24 AM
no. that was all stuff from Champions Online. No such customization here.
---
I would only agree that a symbolic clock is as nourishing to the intellect as a photograph of oxygen to a drowning man.
#8quanticdreamPosted 1/19/2011 11:54:17 AM
too bad(
hope they'll make some emprovements to customization process... though really doubt..(
#9someonePosted 1/19/2011 11:57:24 AM
It's based on your powerset. Nature seems to color things red and black, Ice colors things blue and white, etc.

You're asking about your weapon abilities right? The color of the swipe (for melee) and beams/bullets (for long-range) are determined by your powerset.

There is much more customization in the end when you can pick up drops that allow you the styles of the main heroes and villains and other ones that are completely inaccessible when you start the game. It kind of sucks that you have to earn it, but at least they didn't make it terribly difficult or tedious (like Champion Online's kill 50,000 of this one enemy type to unlock the helmet for just that character's use alone).

---
GT: lJustAlexl (those are lowercase Ls)
#10quanticdreamPosted 1/19/2011 12:00:15 PM
I know you get more items later, but still it'd be nice to change face and body proportions...