Setup/use controller with dc universe online pc?

#1penfoukyPosted 1/30/2011 8:58:49 AM
I have been trying since I bought the game, to use my xbox 360 controller + adapter to play. I keep restarting it, trying to go through menus etc... But I can't find a way to activate or use the controller on this game! I can use it just fine on every other game for pc e.g. nfs, and james bond... So I know it has nothing to do with the controller or adapter. Can someone explain how to setup and use the 360 controller for dc universe online? Please!
#24Red2Dragon0Posted 1/30/2011 10:19:12 AM
On the Launch Pad before you open the game there is a Options tab in the upper left corner. Make sure you have the controller on and open the Game Settings Tool. If everything is hooked up right/recent updates are downloaded it should recognize your controller and it is good to go. ...At least that was the case for me. Hope this helps.
---
I salute the fallen format.
#3Edavy89Posted 1/30/2011 11:22:59 AM
Not sure what is wrong for you. All i had too do was plug in my 360 controller. Aside from that, i haven't done anything and i can seamlessly transfer from using the keyboard/mouse or controller.
---
www.SWGEMU.com....SUPPORT IT!
#4penfouky(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2011 5:13:05 PM
Yeah, it picks up the controller at that screen which is good! But it seems to do no good when the actual game starts up... Hmmm very weird! I'll call tech support tomorrow I suppose! Thank you
#5mudballmanPosted 1/30/2011 5:39:58 PM
Ok so I'm kinda new to computer games and this topic blew my mind.
U can use the xbox 360 controller for th pc, how?!?!
---
heart gold fc: 0947 9958 8178
#6penfouky(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2011 11:58:36 AM
You need a wireless xbox 360 adapter for pc... Runs about 8 pounds or so on ebay! I just got off the phone with tech support, and they found that my problem was in my OS. As it turns out, windows 7 64bit is not controller compatible with dc universe online... I need to use windows 7 32 bit :l So looks like I won't be using my controller ever for this game!
#7IamHydrogenPosted 1/31/2011 12:32:35 PM
Not true. I am running Win 7 64 bit and my 360 controller works great with DCUO. Make sure you have updated drivers, not just running windows update and not seeing an update, go to the Microsoft page and download the drivers.