Nature (Shapeshifter DPS & Healer) build help

#1HaxnStashPosted 11/6/2011 10:21:55 PM
Hello Everyone.

I have a level 11 nature/dual pistol character atm. Right now, I'm mainly using the primal wolf form for PVE and I'm liking it a lot.

But at the same time, I'd like to be able to become a healer/support in a group if needed. If possible, is there a way I could juggle both without being mediocre on both side?

Is there a build somewhere I could look at that both excels or does really well in terms of healing support and Shapeshifting DPS?

When I got the gorilla form, I was excited but soon disappointed after I found out I couldn't activate it anytime I wanted and I didn't know it was a limited time transformation. So I rarely used it.

If I were to respec, is it ok to drop the gorilla form? Or is it the best form out of all the shapeshifter tree? Will I do just fine with the wolf form? Which of the 2 is the best in the long run?

Also, In terms of a 2nd weapon choice, which weapon would help me best? I'm thinking the staff for the critical heal. But does it matter if it's a melee?

Also, is it wise to use respec now? Or should I wait until level 30? I have not touched the nature tree at all so I don't have any healing from that tree atm.

Thank you in advance.
#2HaxnStash(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2011 6:43:59 AM
Sry for the bump
#3HaxnStash(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2011 1:51:20 PM
Sry, but no one knows about my question?

I've been trying to find websites that explain each powers and how good each are. It must exist, no?

I've been experiementing with the first respec and so far, none work to my liking. Is there a website that goes into details how well and how each power works?

Thank you in advance and sorry for the triple post in a row.
#4ymupamPosted 11/8/2011 2:51:18 PM
http://dcuo.mmorpg-life.com/741/guides/stats-and-systems-dcuo-guide/

Sift through the "Guides" section in general, has some useful stuff for newbies.

The official DCUO guides section - http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuopc/forums/show.m?forum_id=71 (Or simply find the "Oracle's Database" on the forums).
---
I am the very disease you pretend to be...
#5HaxnStash(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2011 7:08:27 PM
Thanks alot. I've been scanning through those. So far, I haven't seen any guide that evaluates and explain each abilities (especially nature). What I meant is that a guide that explains each abilities' usefulness or if the ability is useful at all (pass or must have). Like per say the best abilities to get in terms PVE or PVP or style of play. So I could plan accordingly. But it's a great start. Thanks!
#6hamargentwarPosted 11/9/2011 5:25:59 AM
DPS or Heal. You have 15 power points only to use so you have to use them wisely.

For Heals, Insectoid form is definitely a plus in healing terms while if you go DPS, Wolf form is the best. Gorilla is more of a tanking form that combines DPS/Heal together for a short time, expanding the life of a healer should you come across a bad group or you gain too much aggro.

In terms of weapons, Go for what you feel like using. If your a serious builder though..

Martial Arts/Dual Pistols/Dual Wield all have Innate Passive skills that increases your Restoration Points. (A Must have for Healers. While 2 Hand/Staff/Hand Blasters increase your Critcal Heals %.

At the same time, Its wise to have melee and range, considering a healer does best at range and not melee.
#7HaxnStash(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2011 7:30:25 AM(edited)
hamargentwar posted...
DPS or Heal. You have 15 power points only to use so you have to use them wisely.

For Heals, Insectoid form is definitely a plus in healing terms while if you go DPS, Wolf form is the best. Gorilla is more of a tanking form that combines DPS/Heal together for a short time, expanding the life of a healer should you come across a bad group or you gain too much aggro.

In terms of weapons, Go for what you feel like using. If your a serious builder though..

Martial Arts/Dual Pistols/Dual Wield all have Innate Passive skills that increases your Restoration Points. (A Must have for Healers. While 2 Hand/Staff/Hand Blasters increase your Critcal Heals %.

At the same time, Its wise to have melee and range, considering a healer does best at range and not melee.

This is very helpful. Thanks a lot. I have been using Primal Wolf Form 90% of the time in PVE and Alerts. And it' s great.

Is it a bug if it takes for a very long time to go directly from wolf form to gorilla form in the midst of battle? That's what happens to me. It takes like 10 seconds or so. And in that 10 seconds, I'm not able to do anything at all. Not attack or use any of the abilities. That's why I never bothered using it. Plus it seems too short a transformation.

I've ignored Insectoid form thinking it wasn't a good transformation since no one seem to mention it. I've just always heard of Wolf and Gorillas. So it's a great form to get?

I wasn't also sure if Swarm shield was a good ability. Like the other skills, it doesn't exactly say how it works. Is it a short duration? A passive toggle ability? If it's not a worthy ability, can I drop Gorilla form and get something else instead?

Also, when I'm in Alerts trying to heal players as a healer role, Is there a way to manually target each pt member? I'm guessing the skills auto target the one with the lowest health. It's kind of confusing if each party member are scattered since I can't know which are which on the mini map. I also end up fighting at the front lines since I just use my AoE Heals and spam it there.

And so far, I've done Dual Pistols and Dual Wield and all restorations from both are complete including the 3% from Dual Wield. I might go Staff for next one for the crit heal.