Gadget Builds for DPS and Controller

#1Slywolf315Posted 11/7/2011 2:57:04 PM
Kind of looking for advice towards building my Bow/gadget character. What might be the best way to build both dps and controller? Do the trap or trick trees favor either?
#2ymupamPosted 11/8/2011 12:41:28 PM
For Bow DPS - go with tricks and use the turrets. Also Traps is better suited for a controller OR a melee DPS. Also, there's a "role-switching" button, so you can have loadouts for a controller and a DPS. If you need actual reasoning:
"Traps" has more CC and few recovery skills, whereas "Tricks" has no recovery skills.
Also "Tricks" has "Hide" and "intimidation", purely DPS skills.
On the other hand, "Traps" works really well with Melee DPS.
Not much of help, but all in all - each tree is DPS-capable and Control-capable. If I'm making a bow-DPS-Gadgets, I'd go with Tricks and the turrets. Otherwise, Melee-DPS/Controller, I'd go with Traps.
What makes a build a build is gear/stats.
---
I am the very disease you pretend to be...
#3JamieK1981Posted 11/18/2011 9:35:03 AM
Well, i tried the gadgets and the stuns tend to not last long enough to be really beneficial, i mean it would be good if the stuns lasted like 10 seconds or something, but it lasts for a mere 3 seconds....totally not long enough to be worth using.
#4SunSpotPosted 11/18/2011 4:24:29 PM

1. Get sticky bomb for power regen.

2. get intidmidation use it as often as possible, it practically double your dps.

3. Get defib to fill your groups power bars, keep an eye on your tank and healers power bars.

4. Get gaussian grenade(u will need to get fear gas to get to it, dont use fear gas.

5. Get hide, once u start using intimidation u will get mobs attention and hide is basicly a agro reset skill so u dont get ganked.

6. Get anistetich not only for the heal that have been improved with the last update, it also boost ur defense for solo wanted bosses.

7.  always use controller role once you get it controllers have no dps penalty from doing so and the improved vitalization will regen your power faster, and ofc cause of it you will be able to use your powers more often for higher dps.

8. about stuns, gaussian grenade is my main one, and it does last FOREVER since my dominance is high, basicly you want gear with dominance and vitalization, going into controller role, increse those 2 stats with 65% making you more of an effective stunner and power bar battery.

9. Get skill points, I got really power full around 40-45skill points.

10. Get 700vita or so from taking innates from weapon trees, 350 dominance again take some from the weapon skill trees, but take the vita ones first. once u reached those levels on dominance and vita, aim for critical dmg % check for the onces that gives 12% its a 3 point in the last tier of each tree that have them. if you see an available critchance in the last tier of a weapon skill tree, take it.

11. once you have enough skill points, take all the dominance innantes from the weapon skill trees aswell

12. once you have all vita, all dominance, all the critdmg increase and crit chance aim for might, some people go for defense innates, I dont feel I need it cause the more dominance I get the longer the stuns last and if I cant stun and will get dmg I use anistethic for the defense boost while I wait for enough power to stun that sucker.

13. Iconic powers, get flight boost(come on who can play without it), get the 25dominance one, get the 50vita 100 power one, get the critchance one, and the critdmg one. and the superstrenght one(100% dmg increase once you toss a barrel, car, freakin truck lol.

14. U will have one power point left over, I put this in stealth so if I am doing challenges I can just sneak to the end of the instance if I want to speed things along, also u can collect briefings, investigations etc alone in raids without having to kill those harder raid mobs(alltough as a controller thats not a problem thanks to stuns).

15. Get ready to complain about you carrying groups and boosting people in duos. cause you will do about 120k dmg per alert even without any T1 gear. and every duo will turn into a solo fest, cause you wont need anyone else to complete them.

Controllers are awsome, remember to squeese in intimidation as often as u can and your dps will skyrocket and youll see those mobs drop like flies. Dont wuzz out on getting those vita/dominance gear pieces they are key, so dont fall for the lure of might/precision gear.

#5gambit2_0Posted 11/19/2011 1:34:35 AM
JamieK1981 posted...
Well, i tried the gadgets and the stuns tend to not last long enough to be really beneficial, i mean it would be good if the stuns lasted like 10 seconds or something, but it lasts for a mere 3 seconds....totally not long enough to be worth using.

3 seconds is long enough the game would be broken if gadget controllers power lasted 10 seconds. That is way over kill and unbalanced.
---
A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip
#6SunSpotPosted 11/19/2011 2:28:16 AM

gambit2_0 posted...
JamieK1981 posted...

3 seconds is long enough the game would be broken if gadget controllers power lasted 10 seconds. That is way over kill and unbalanced.
---
A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip

my PVE stuns last way longer, it all depends on the amount of dominance you have. I stun a group of mobs for the entire time it takes me to kill off another, as an example in the lighthouse duo, I just jump straight down instead of taking a stair, then I stun half of the room while I dispatch of the other. 30+ seconds easy.

In PVP there is a restricition since the pvp gear have no where close to the amount of dominance that PVE have , and also if you PVP you tend to take another build that doesnt take vita/dominance passives(innates).