Detail of most/all the powers available??

#1tilton372Posted 11/22/2010 7:41:01 AM
I researched but I'm finding very little information in this game about the powers available. I know the six or seven sets they have (fire, ice, nature, etc.) but I can't find details about the specific powers in each of those sets. It's hard to get excited for a super hero game if I don't know what kind of super hero I can make. Also, I think I heard somewhere that there are powers one can choose outside of their primary set. What are those? How will they work? Will anyone who has the beta like to elaborate for me? Thanks!
---
"Sexualy Transmitted Deseases" ~akanakin
#2LinkBoyJTPosted 11/22/2010 8:42:39 AM
I don't know how much you will be able to find out due to the NDA or something like that. I don't know how much the devs have revealed
---
Why lie? I'm a geek.
Favorites: Zelda ALttP, TES IV Oblivion, Resident Evil 4
#3JB_KaderPosted 11/22/2010 8:42:42 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4JB_KaderPosted 11/22/2010 8:46:04 AM
Yeah. I haven't reviewed the NDA. But i think people can't even say they are in the beta with violating it.

---
i killed every body in the first town the blowerd it up and then killer evey but but the chang guy in the tower what now im lost - killerkahones
#5DarkDruidSSPosted 11/22/2010 8:55:07 AM
All I am going to post is everything that is readily available. There are 6 powersets in for launch. Fire, Ice, Nature, Mental, Sorcery, and Gadgets. There are 3 movement types which are flight, super speed and acrobatics. There are Iconic powers that you can unlock starting at level 10. There is a list of Iconic powers on this board or the PS3 board. Each of the movement types has their own list of abilities tied to the movement type. It is possible to make characters like Beast Boy or Poison Ivy through Nature and Martian Manhunter through Mental. You can learn to use more than 1 weapon eventually. So the starting weapon you select doesn't have to be the only one you ever use.... also making it possible to make a character like Deathstroke.
---
PSN/XBL: DarkDruidSS
Playing: MAG as Raven (70), vet of each PMC.
#6tilton372(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2010 10:03:03 AM
Thanks for the info!
---
#7Dragonballz290Posted 11/22/2010 2:53:31 PM
Nature has healing abilities in the description at the character creator.
#8tilton372(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2010 8:05:18 PM
Dragonball,

I noticed in a different thread that you didn't mind breaking the NDA. Is there anyway you could tell me what the two branches in each power set are?

So far, I know that:

Nature has shapeshifting and plant control
Mental has Illusions and Telekinesis
Fire has Ignition

Care to enlighten me with the rest? :)
---
#9eijiyukiPosted 11/23/2010 2:38:57 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10eijiyukiPosted 11/23/2010 2:45:08 AM
I doubt anyone will answer this question as it is black and white violation of NDA.

Dark Druid pretty much gave you alot of information. There's no point in going into further sub-trees with those powersets as you won't know what they really mean anyways.

Building on what's already out there. Each powerset pretty much as two sub-trees which are more separated as Aggressive and Defense moves.

For example, you stated Mental with Illusion and Telekinesis. Assuming these two are powersets in the game (not that i'm confirming or anything...) Illusion would be more defensive and stat debuffing, while Telekinesis is more aggressive forms of powers.