Gamepad to controll this?

#1FusionCPosted 12/22/2010 2:21:26 PM
Iv been playing MMOs for ever (Oh how I miss the OLD EQ) but this game does peak my interest. The only thing im worried about is how it controls. Is there anyone in the beta who can let me know if I "need" (and by need I mean will make my life much easier") to play this?
---
For the Horde!!!!
#2DarKTsunGPosted 12/22/2010 3:48:33 PM
Not at all, I actually prefer a keyboard to a gamepad.
---
PSN: J-Slam
MH ID: 3NKZTD IGN: Litrell
#3X_machinaPosted 12/22/2010 4:15:03 PM
I find it alot easier to play with a gamepad. You do your melee attacks with your left mouse button, and that just doesnt feel right to me.
#4ExOverlordPosted 12/22/2010 5:45:05 PM
I personally prefer using a gamepad for this game. I used the mouse, and keyboard for the tutorial, and didn't like it at all. Plugged in my 360 controller, and instantly liked it much better. Doing the combos and everything just felt much smoother for me.

---
PSN: SirPakeeda
GT: Pakeeda
#5UrbanMessiahPosted 12/22/2010 6:57:32 PM

I personally prefer using a gamepad for this game. I used the mouse, and keyboard for the tutorial, and didn't like it at all. Plugged in my 360 controller, and instantly liked it much better. Doing the combos and everything just felt much smoother for me.

Same here...this game just seems made for the gamepad.
---
I crush. It's what I do. I crush dreams. And hopes. And wishes. And spirits. And rainbows. And kittens. And all should bow before my crushing because it is epic
#6Kuro_IbukaPosted 12/23/2010 12:21:16 PM

Urban Messiah posted...

Same here...this game just seems made for the gamepad.
---
I crush. It's what I do. I crush dreams. And hopes. And wishes. And spirits. And rainbows. And kittens. And all should bow before my crushing because it is epic

it was designed with a pad in mind, essentially have 8 slots and thats it 6 for powers 1 for potions and 1 for trinkets. Holding L2 and R2 and coorisponding button(such as L2+Triangle) will activate approprite slot. If ever played marvel ultimate alliance you'll know what i mean. Basically game was designed for a pad first and foremost and plays better on a pad. Mouse and keyboard just feels way to ackward for my tastes.

#7dc_camelPosted 12/24/2010 6:45:43 PM
Ya, I use a ps3 controller. I would be in hell if i had to use the mouse and keyboard and this is the first game I feel that way about.
#8SKStylezPosted 12/24/2010 11:04:31 PM
if you have played Vindictus u will know mouse and action MMO go hand in hand. Tho in most games that support a controller, i usually prefer to use it, feels a lot better. I use a cheap USB controller, can buy em 15 bucks or so, probably will end up using it in DCU