Can't equip certain items?

#1x_Malevolent_xPosted 1/23/2011 12:57:40 PM
I got a 'Jackal's T-Shirt' from the vault and a set of gloves from some other quest, and I can't equip either of them (pretty sure these are just style items, but still...). These are the only two items I'm not allowed to equip, even though they're both 'green' in my inventory. Any ideas? Thanks!
---
---
PSN: x_Malevolent_x
#2bomber82188Posted 1/23/2011 12:59:49 PM
Check to see if they're role items. If they're for a tank and you're a controller, you can't have it. Denied good sir.
---
PSN - Neoshine. CP - MHFU, Pkmn: SS, PSP2
Arcandrio(hero), level 30 tank, No man's land(DCUO)
#3KontroLz85Posted 1/23/2011 1:00:37 PM
It wont let you USE them so that they are removed from your inventory? Or, they wont show up when you do USE them from your inventory screen?

If they don't show up make sure your styles aren't lock on the styles tab, also try selecting them from the styles tab. If just wont let you use them from your inventory screen then I have no clue.
#4TeepoPosted 1/23/2011 1:01:03 PM
please bug things, on the submit feedback option under the gear looking tab.. we need more people to do this so they can fix these things. I've also submitted style bugs..

such as The Twisted Harness not giving the Barbarian Chest style to female characters. or the Fearbringer Manawoven boots not confering the kabuki foot style to female characters. So please tell them these things so they can fix them, in future patches.
---
Teepo, the Dark Dragon of Destiny.
#5x_Malevolent_x(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2011 2:11:10 PM
Bomber - that could be it, but how do I tell if something is role specific? I can't imagine a t-shirt is role specific, but I guess it could be. Thanks for the help!
---
---
#6bomber82188Posted 1/23/2011 2:20:37 PM
If you're looking at it, there should be a thing, like What slot it goes to then under that Role type(Tank, healer controller) but if it's a different type, look at the icon, there should be a little lock symbol. I there's a lock symbol, then you can't use it.

If it IS just a t-shirt, then what it might be is if you're like me and you equip gear you plan on vendoring just to get the style, you may have already gotten the style from an armor piece. Like I found a shirt from the vault that I had gotten the look from the armor and I can't use it, and i started with the demon wings so I can't use that item even though i found that in the vault too. So you may have already gotten the style, or it could be the role, either would stop you from equipping an item.
---
PSN - Neoshine. CP - MHFU, Pkmn: SS, PSP2
Arcandrio(hero), level 30 tank, No man's land(DCUO)
#7x_Malevolent_x(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2011 3:06:32 PM
Ah, that might be it. Maybe the same for the gloves. Wish there were a resource somewhere that had all this stuff listed.

Thanks again!
---
---
#8CapnStankyPosted 1/23/2011 3:16:29 PM
Role specific items say so in the text of the item. If its for a role you dont have access to, the item also has a lock on the icon.