Nature Healing Loadouts - by Gloom

#1MercuryPSPPosted 3/12/2011 1:34:35 PM
After thousands spent on respecing, countless hours into perfecting my art of nature healing I have come to these power loadouts. Again, you may disagree, but to me, they are the best for what I do. I have it set up so I only need to change one power when I go into an alert raid.

Damage loadout: (for soloing, world pvp)

1. Vine Lash - Pull em, DoT em.

2. Savage Growth - Once pulled, hit this right after, sends them flying back (usually) and puts another DoT on them.

3. Thorn Shield - Good one hit DD ability that can be spammed and used while controlled.

4. Swarm Shield - A must have, best ability Nature has.

5. Blossom - Bread and Butter heal, must have on all loadouts.

6. Gorilla form - BEAST, enough said.

Healer loadout: (for group pvp, small instances)

1. Vine Lash

2. Savage Growth

3. Metabolism - Group healing, gives health over time by pheramones, hit blossom and it will get rid of all the pheramones giving a direct heal to everyone.

4. Swarm Shield

5. Blossom

*6. Gorilla form*

When I go into raids I simply switch Gorilla form to Insectoid Form. That's all the prep I need to do.

Gorilla loadout: (Beast mode!)

1. Vine Lash

2. Savage Growth

3. Thorn Shield

4. Swarm Shield

5. Blossom

6. Roar - Roar in gorilla form does damage, stuns enemies, AND heals you. Love it.

*Note there is no need for the transform back, as Gorilla form only lasts for a while.*

Insectoid form loadout: (Healing bug god)

1. Hive Mind - Increases heal crit chance for entire group, "dramatically increases might for entire group"

2. Regeneration - The OH #%$! button, 50% supercharge that heals the entire party.

3. Metabolism

4. Swarm Shield

5. Blossom

6. Revert back - You don't want to always stay in squishy bug form.

I suggest speccing into restoration only until you get good gear, once you get good gear that puts you around 1200-1300 restoration, I would respec for healing crit chance/magnitude. I have 68 skill points all in the crit chance/magnitude and CONSTANTLY crit heal, and have had my heals go over 4200 points.

That is all, hope this helps those looking for some advice on how to set up your healing nature character.
---
PSN: MercuryEQ
DCUO PS3: Gloom lvl 30 Healing Villain, Server: No Mans Land
#2rk battousaiPosted 3/12/2011 1:57:32 PM
Very helpful post, thanks. Can I ask why vine lash for your healing role? I also have it in damage role but have excluded from healing role because it only helps with some extra damage. Carnage seems to be more helpful as it buffs group crit, which should provide more overall damage. Maybe it's because I don't have gorilla form, and there might not be enough points to have them all. I'm not sure, but I'll check when I get to log on after work.
#3MercuryPSP(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2011 1:59:44 PM
I stick with Vine lash in all of my loadouts (besides insectoid form), due to the fact I play on a pvp server. Having a pull is almost a necessity when it comes to pvping, you darn heroes always like to run away from me! :D

Plus, its a nice DoT, and does quite a bit of damage when stacked with savage growth.
---
#4samuricexPosted 3/12/2011 2:01:39 PM
Gorilla Form

1. Metabolism

2. Blossom

3-6. Nothing. Just bash everything to death instead.
---
"Revving up the Harley! Vroom! Vroom!"
#5VethemPosted 3/12/2011 3:30:01 PM
Vine lash combined with savage growth for two DOTS? Are you sure about this because I thought the spores, the dot, couldn't be stacked and that all you're doing is renewing the original DOT. I don't use either wince they needed it but if it really does stack ill work it back into my loadout.
---
GT>>Neostryfe
#6Hughes42Posted 3/12/2011 6:32:10 PM
I used a similar build until recently. I raid alot and found this to be very fun to use.

Shield Swarm, Canine form, Regeneration, Metabolism, Carnage, Blossom

For the longest time I always kept gorilla in canines spot, and hive mind in carnages spot(rarely use the bug, was always glitchy, and healing difference was too low), but I felt like gorilla was counterproductive, always trying to smash things instead of heal hah. Hive mind always felt like it was best used with metabolism, but not worth losing a huge chunk of power to use them both at once.

I got bored and respecced, got carnage and canine to making healing more interesting. Power regenerates unbelievably fast in canine form, and if you get low on power, controllers are out of power, regeneration suddenly becomes more than a last ditch, its a restart for the healer. Pop regen, immediately go canine form. Everyone full health, and your power can get from like 0 to 75% during that time in doggy form.

If youre an on the ball healer and always attacking while healing, you can keep this up an entire raid fight.

If you've got a good second healer in the raid, you can go canine form without using regen to get back to full power. It's ridonkulous.

I don't believe I'll be picking up hive mind or bug again. Maybe if bug becomes awesome and ALWAYS counts my hits for the counter.

And having carnage for a raid is..... a beautiful thing.

Any healers should try this out at least once, you won't be disappointed.
---
The Thread Killer
MGO: Norml E. High Clan:
#7XxKHA0SxXPosted 3/12/2011 11:03:24 PM
I changed my DPS to the same one you have to try it and it's great. Also I tried your healer but I can't seem to see how you like it without Hive Mind it seems like healer role is gimped without it.
#8MercuryPSP(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2011 12:29:05 PM
"I changed my DPS to the same one you have to try it and it's great. Also I tried your healer but I can't seem to see how you like it without Hive Mind it seems like healer role is gimped without it."

Hive mind is on my insectoid form loadout, which is on my healer loadout. The nice thing about having these forms is it gives you extra loadouts. So if I have the need to hit hive mind and/or regeneration I just switch to insectoid form.
---