Any tips for sorcery DPS?

#1cabcalloway1983Posted 3/13/2011 5:39:47 PM
Was about to start a sorcery DPS/Heal just because it sounds interesting and i hear sorcery is the best DPS.So i was hoping some people in the know could give me a few tips on what the best weapon for a sorcery dps and maybe give me some tips on what loadout i would need.

Thanks in advance for any helpful info!
#2aLxQcPosted 3/13/2011 6:52:13 PM
Really simple.

-Rifle or Dual Pistol or Bow
-Weapon of Destiny,Circle of Protection,Boon of Souls

Thats all you need
#3thedeadsiderPosted 3/13/2011 9:07:39 PM
Actually for sorcery, I don't recommend rifle. Its a great weapon sure, but its combo chains are crap and a lot of sorcery's oomph comes from powers like dropping a circle and a boon/destiny etc. Running from mob group to mob group can drain you dry unless you get combo counters up. That said I'd recommend pistols or bow (don't be tempted to take hand blasters, great combo machine that it is the damage is too garbage for true dps).
---
tehdeadsider just made more sense than anyone I've seen on LUE all morning. - richie259
Gamertag/PSN ID Deadsider
#4RoninofTangramPosted 3/13/2011 11:14:10 PM
Weapon of destiny with HB pulse beam, for bosses anyway, pistols and wod with well placed circles for everything, i think hb has a dps innate anyway, but i forgot
---
PSN ID:Tenryuta, mgo name:lokiprime
#5spOOkybOO1000Posted 3/13/2011 11:44:03 PM
heres a tip.......have a spare set of healer kit cause 4 out of 5 dps wont wanna change to their pure role
---
".....up..................UP............and AWAAAAAY........."
#6cabcalloway1983(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2011 7:02:30 AM
Yeah one of the things that interested me the most was being able to handle healer/dps.

Thanks for the info.Im now trying to decide if i want to go with duel pistols or a bow,im leaning toward bow because of the greater dps output.
#7MHonlinehowPosted 3/14/2011 7:55:18 AM
Go dual pistols. You can be a very competent dps in raids just by holding triangle. That's all you need. Use critchance trinket, weapon power buff, hold triangle.
#8squiggy9996999Posted 3/14/2011 8:14:59 AM
"HB pulse beam,"

i would say no to that. dps wants a damaging weapon too, not one that is exclusively for power. HB is great for support classes like control.
#9RoninofTangramPosted 3/14/2011 1:41:02 PM
Pulse is power but theres solar flare, hold t then tap t, the kick ball tttht, melee moves for elites(the immune to nearly everything guys), but im sure thats also designated to healer/con when they dont need to regen power
---
PSN ID:Tenryuta, mgo name:lokiprime
#10JafinPosted 3/14/2011 2:07:10 PM
I started a Sorcery/Dual Pistol character the other day after playing with an Ice Tank as my main for over a month, and holy s**t it is amazing!