I can't beat the Brother Blood solo mission at the hospital

#1aukevinPosted 3/14/2011 12:47:34 PM
I've been going along pretty easily in the solo missions since I got the game a week or two ago, but now I've hit this Brother Blood battle at the hospital and he just annihilates me and my team of Fate, Zantanna, and Raven every time. I think it's a level 18 mission, I'm at level 19. I don't have that much of a problem defeating his waves of minions, but when he starts sucking the life out of Fate, Zatanna, and Raven I just can't stop him. I run up to him and beat on him but he drains their energy down to probably 20% so they are knocked out by the next wave of minions or shortly after the real battle with just Brother Blood begins.

Any tips or should I just go do other missions and come back to this later. My hero is strictly a fire damage guy. Do I need to develop some healing powers or something to help out my fellow JLA'ers so that they don't fall in battle to Brother Blood?
---
PSN: aukevin
#2thedeadsiderPosted 3/14/2011 1:05:00 PM
If you can handle the waves of mobs, I don't see what the problem is. Just go freaking nuts on him when he targets a group member and they should live (they'll be low but safe). After he tries to eat one of everybody it's a regular battle. As far as I know you can't heal computer npcs so don't respec just for this. You mentioned you were fire, are you in dps stance? That might give you the extra you need.
---
tehdeadsider just made more sense than anyone I've seen on LUE all morning. - richie259
Gamertag/PSN ID Deadsider
#3MynameisDirtDogPosted 3/14/2011 1:07:07 PM

If you can handle the waves of mobs, I don't see what the problem is. Just go freaking nuts on him when he targets a group member and they should live (they'll be low but safe). After he tries to eat one of everybody it's a regular battle. As far as I know you can't heal computer npcs so don't respec just for this. You mentioned you were fire, are you in dps stance? That might give you the extra you need.

If you have an area heal spell, it will work on NPC allies.
---
Not changing sig until Luke Schenn is named captain of the Toronto Maple Leafs
Started: 10/11/2010
#4aukevin(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2011 1:42:44 PM
"If you can handle the waves of mobs, I don't see what the problem is. Just go freaking nuts on him when he targets a group member and they should live (they'll be low but safe). After he tries to eat one of everybody it's a regular battle. As far as I know you can't heal computer npcs so don't respec just for this. You mentioned you were fire, are you in dps stance? That might give you the extra you need."

I would say I have 2/3 of my health remaining after the final wave of minions, but the JLAers are pretty much gone, usually one of them is totally out. I'm not up too much on the MMO jargon, but I believe I am in the right dps stance. That the toggle from the menu you get when you press up on the control pad right? It toggles between damage and defense and that alters my loadout powers. Is that right? Maybe I don't do enough damage to big foes, I know it takes me forever to kill the fat minion and the really big big one that Brother Blood sends out to get you. I haven't bought anything from a vendor, I just repair my gear when it needs it. All my gear I have gotten as rewards.
---
#5VethemPosted 3/14/2011 7:53:43 PM
Could you explain why you're soloing it? I did it last night to help someone else and she completed it. Maybe your going for a feat? I dunno, but I would suggest just coming back after a couple of lvls. When I was lvling up I only did missions two lvls under me and I lvled up fine, and with all the missions you get you should be able to just do those then come back. I'm sorry for not giving any real advice, but I never played a fire tank, just gadget and nature and I didn't have any trouble.
---
GT>>Neostryfe
#6aukevin(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2011 3:13:13 AM
"Could you explain why you're soloing it? I did it last night to help someone else and she completed it. Maybe your going for a feat? I dunno, but I would suggest just coming back after a couple of lvls. When I was lvling up I only did missions two lvls under me and I lvled up fine, and with all the missions you get you should be able to just do those then come back. I'm sorry for not giving any real advice, but I never played a fire tank, just gadget and nature and I didn't have any trouble."

I tried to find some help tonight with someone that was on my friend list in the game, but I can never get the game to let me invite someone. I go to the Social tab and then change the dropdown to Friends, then I click on the friend that is online and it just flashes that submenu of 4 or 5 commands (I'm assuming one is to invite them into a game with you). But the menu never stays up and I can't invite anyone to join me. Is there another way?
---