Is there a Katana on here?

#1Grappler_MasterPosted 11/4/2011 6:22:25 PM
I want my hero to wield a katana! If it is, what weapon type do I need to pick?
#2zofinPosted 11/4/2011 6:27:19 PM
That's a stupid question. Of course theres a Katana type. In fact, I think there are 3 different katanas. But you need either Dual Wield(not dual pistol) or Single-Handed to use it/them.
---
.--. ... -. ---... / -.. .. -- .. -. .. ... .... . -.. .... . .-. ---
Figure it out.
#3Grappler_Master(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2011 7:14:17 PM
zofin posted...
That's a stupid question. Of course theres a Katana type. In fact, I think there are 3 different katanas. But you need either Dual Wield(not dual pistol) or Single-Handed to use it/them.

Yeah, sooo stupid of me.

Everyone knows ALL GAMES HAVE KATANAS.

Thanks for the answer though... i guess
#4NasteemanPosted 11/4/2011 7:21:53 PM
I would think you would need the two-hadned weapon skill. The Katana is primarily a two-handed weapon.
#5DemonicDracoPosted 11/4/2011 7:41:27 PM
its technically a bastard sword in that it can be used one or two handed sure not many actual people can pull off dual wielding katanas but these are super humans we're talkin about,...
---
Beauty is the only truth in this world.
#6Grappler_Master(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2011 8:02:13 PM
will changing weps change the way u fight?
#7beezer08Posted 11/4/2011 9:02:01 PM
There's one handed and dual wield katanas. Also different kinds of them.
---
PSN: beezer08
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/863332/tebowed_medium.gif
#8NasteemanPosted 11/4/2011 10:02:17 PM
Grappler_Master posted...
will changing weps change the way u fight?

Yes. Each weapon set has it's own set of moves, some maybe somewhat similar (the so-called "lunge" move) most are different.
#9Alwc37Posted 11/4/2011 10:07:48 PM
On the off chance you don't already know......

Neat thing about this game, when you equip a weapon or armor you unlock the "Style" of that equipment. What this means is changing what is equiped to you doesn't mean you have to change your appearance. So if you find a Katana you like, but its a crap weapon, you can then equip a better one but still use the Katana's look for it.
#10BoomonPosted 11/4/2011 10:12:00 PM
Alwc37 posted...
On the off chance you don't already know......

Neat thing about this game, when you equip a weapon or armor you unlock the "Style" of that equipment. What this means is changing what is equiped to you doesn't mean you have to change your appearance. So if you find a Katana you like, but its a crap weapon, you can then equip a better one but still use the Katana's look for it.

This is similar to what I do with my character. I like the character I made, but don't want to add a whole lot of junky armor to him (less is more).
The way you can tell I'm a higher level char is when I beat up another high level character with my awesome weapon.
---
How could you not pick me as the official Riddler of Arkham City? Thanks to poke_123rules for suggesting I take the title. --- PSN: Boomon0