How does escrow work?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. DC Universe Online
  3. How does escrow work?
5 years ago#1
I've checked through the topics here and on the official site, but I've received a lot of conflicting opinions. Has anyone seen a DC moderator/spokesperson say something official or used the system themselves? (I'd rather pass on off-hand opinions, does anyone know for sure to put this matter to rest?)

Right now I am on premium for instance, 2k max. Anything I earn beyond that goes into 'Escrow'. I get that much. To the best of my knowledge, the answer to following question 1 is B, and the answer to question 2 is C. (or perhaps I'm off-base) Can anyone in the know confirm?

1) Let's say I have 2k in my wallet and 48k in escrow. If I spend 2k out of my wallet, can I then:
A) Immediately withdraw 2k out of escrow. I can withdraw from escrow as much as I want as long as I don't go above the 2k wallet max.
B) With 2k spent I have nothing in my wallet, and I can't touch escrow unless I pay the fee in real dollars for the 10k/25k 'escrow' item. (or go legendary)

2) Speaking of, what exactly does the 10k/25k escrow option in the marketplace do? Does it:
A) Immediately give me 10k/25k in my escrow out of thin air, I may withdraw 2k at a time.
B) Raise my 'on-hand/wallet' max total up 10k or 25k, permanently.
C) Raise my 'on-hand/wallet' max total up 10k/25k, but only for that one time influx of cash. The cash being sent to my wallet is not brand new cash, but instead cash that I earned myself and this is the only way to access it. All new dollars I earn are sent directly to escrow until my wallet total is less then 2k.
5 years ago#2
1) B
2) C
5 years ago#3

1) B
2) C

Which sucks. For some reason I was thinking that once you get money into your escrow, it'll automatically withdraw once you go below the 2000 dollar threshold on you on hand money. Limiting the player to $2000 at one time, and then they have to earn it back, is a bit asinine. It's not really a problem yet, as I'm still pretty early in the game. But, if does become a nuisance, I'll probably stop playing, depending on how big of a nuisance it will be to earn money as often as I need it.
5 years ago#4
From what people have said, the big problem with the $2k limit is repairing armor when raiding. I guess the best thing someone could do to get around it is stash items worth a decent amount in the bank, then sell 'em when you need more money. Not sure if leaving a raid to sell so you can repair is a viable option, though.
5 years ago#5
Its all part of sony scheme to earn money
I'm Dracula B**** don't got a problem smacking a B****
5 years ago#6
At level 13 money is already going into my escrow, its kind of annoying so I started buying random styles and cola I don't really want or need just so I feel like I am still in control of my cash....Still, I enjoy the game. May sub up once I get further along in my levels. I have 4 people around 15 still trying to decide what power weapon combo i like -_-
5 years ago#7

God forbid. I thought this game was the work of a Charity.
5 years ago#8
DarthBedo posted...

Well, Duh. You expect them to give EVERYTHING away for free?
5 years ago#9
so technically we need to spend real money to get some fake money that we already earn....

do end game PvE armor go above 2K?
You cant compare RE5 to Dead Space, its like comparing a broken SDTV to brand new HDTV.
Supended on Gamefaqs:- 2; Other Forum:- 0
  1. Boards
  2. DC Universe Online
  3. How does escrow work?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived