What a good weapon for a healer?

#1grandmastersexxPosted 11/27/2011 7:31:16 AM
Topic
---
Best damn game about Ninja http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/ninjagolf/ninjagolf-flashgame.php
Varms.net Great/funny site for gamers.
#2Various_NefPosted 11/27/2011 7:55:33 AM
Any of the ranged weapons are good. Bow, handblasters, duel pistols or rifle go with which ever you find works best for you. Bow is what I use on my healer.
---
---"Fools, don't you know your weapons are useless against me! "~MST3K-Prince of Space-
---PSN-LANCER13
#3Undead SaintPosted 11/27/2011 8:08:53 AM
Handblsters get the most regen for fewer hits. I'll try an explain this as simple as I can; basically the higher your hit count, the faster your power ( blue bar) and supercharge (orange bar) regenerate, and while most weapons hit max regen at around 50 hits, handblasters, brawling and Two-handed each hit the same level of regen at around 40 hits. Since handblasters have the pulse beam (tap triangle twice, hold triagle) they can get the hits up really fast.
---
Parenthetical remarks (however relevant) are (usually) unnecessary.
What's up with the parentheses in random places?-Gamemaster1212
#4xage19Posted 11/28/2011 3:34:02 AM

I started of with dual pistols, because i like using them and for the 3x restoration bonus

after i was done with pistols i went martial arts just enough points to get the 3x resto bonus, after that i went dual wield for same reason as martial arts

#5Neverwinter27Posted 11/28/2011 3:53:31 AM
Undead saint the trade off in using that handblaster weapon is the damage right?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJTdNA-Btig
#6Undead SaintPosted 11/28/2011 7:53:03 AM
Neverwinter27 posted...
Undead saint the trade off in using that handblaster weapon is the damage right?

I havent crunched numbers but that sounds reasonable. I use weapon of destiny inmy loadout so I can hit for some yellow numbers, but as a dedicated healer I mostly leave it up to my team to kill things. Thats what the DPS members exist for.

Also about the weapons thing, I was a bit off. Taken from the main forum:

Weapon Differences

There are 3 exceptions to the regen patterns above: Hand Blasts, Two-Handed and Brawling.

Hand Blasts
Tier 1 range: 1-9
Tier 2 range: 10-20
Tier 3 range: 21-40
Tier 4 range: 41+

Two-Handed
Tier 1 range: 1-6
Tier 2 range: 7-13
Tier 3 range: 14-25
Tier 4 range: 26+

Brawling
Tier 1 range: 1-5
Tier 2 range: 6-11
Tier 3 range: 12-21
Tier 4 range: 22+

Aside from the hit counter range for each tier, each weapon regens the sam amount of Power at those tiers. So for example Brawling will restore 9 ticks of 12 Power at 6 hits just like Martial Arts will at 12. All weapons restore a minimum of 90 Power on the first hit.

---
#7Neverwinter27Posted 11/28/2011 2:19:56 PM
I still don't get whats going on on that list, whats tiers about on this table and 1-9 hits?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJTdNA-Btig
#8Undead SaintPosted 11/28/2011 5:18:59 PM
The tiers determine your rate of regeneration. The higher the tier, the faster you regenerate power/supercharge.

Those weapons are noted for reaching tier 4 in fewer hits than other weapons.
---
#9KnaaksPosted 11/28/2011 6:44:32 PM
Basically, you will want a ranged weapon if you are planning on doing some of the harder stuff, since getting close to enemies is a great way to die really fast later on. Don't forget though that any points you put in to weapon skills you get to keep no matter what weapon you are using, so don't level up just one type of weapon. There are healing boosts (Restoration, Critical Healing Chance, and Crit Healing %) in ever weapon, I think.
---
"Dammit! My job took taxes out again. Why can't they just pay me in points like Microsoft!"
#10Undead SaintPosted 11/28/2011 6:49:09 PM
Taken from the other site:

Bow: +30 Defense & Toughness; +60 Might; +3 Restoration; +4 Vitalization; +1% Critical Attack Chance; +2% Critical Attack Damage; +12% Critical Healing Effect; +3 Stealth Rating
Brawling: +18 Dominance; +3 Restoration; +70 Health; +1% Critical Attack Chance; +12% Critical Attack Damage; +3% Critical Healing Chance; +2% Critical Healing Effect
Dual Pistol: +70 Might; +45 Restoration; +15 Vitalization; +14% Critical Attack Damage; +1% Critical Healing Chance
Dual Wield: +18 Dominance; +60 Might; +48 Restoration; +4 Vitalization; +1% Critical Attack Chance; +14% Critical Attack Damage
Hand Blaster: +18 Dominance; +70 Health; +60 Might; +3 Restoration; +2% Critical Attack Damage; +1% Critical Healing Chance; +12% Critical Healing Effect
Martial Arts: +25 Health; +70 Might; +45 Restoration; +14% Critical Attack Damage; +2% Critical Healing Effect; +3 Stealth Rating
One-Handed: +45 Health; +70 Might; +3 Restoration; +15 Vitalization; +2% Critical Attack Chance; +14% Critical Healing Effect
Rifle: +70 Health; +10 Might; +19 Vitalization; +3% Critical Attack Chance; +3% Critical Healing Chance; +2% Critical Healing Effect
Staff: +30 Defense & Toughness; +18 Dominance; +25 Health; +10 Might; +4 Vitalization; +3% Critical Attack Chance; +14% Critical Healing Effect
Two-Handed: +70 Health; +15 Vitalization; +3% Critical Attack Chance; +2% Critical Attack Damage; +4% Critical Healing Chance; +2% Critical Healing Effect

Getting the Maximum Bonus
If you are looking to get every single bonus available for a particular stat, this is the place for you. I have listed each stat and all the possible bonuses from Fighting Style.

Health (up to 375): Brawling, Hand Blaster, Rifle, Two-Handed (70 each); One-Handed (45); Martial Arts, Staff (25 each)

Defense & Toughness (up to 60 each): Bow, Staff (30 each)

Dominance (up to 72): Brawling, Dual Wield, Hand Blaster and Staff (18 each)

Might (up to 410): Dual Pistol, Martial Arts, One-Handed (70 each); Bow, Dual Wield, Hand Blaster (60 each); Rifle, Staff (10 each)

Restoration (up to 150): Dual Wield (48; Dual Pistol, Martial Arts (45 each); Bow, Brawling, Hand Blaster, One-Handed (3 each)

Vitalization (up to 76): Rifle (19); Dual Pistol, One-Handed, Two-Handed (15 each); Bow, Dual Wield, Staff (4 each)

Critical Attack Chance (up to +14%): Rifle, Staff, Two-Handed (3% each); One-Handed (2%); Bow, Brawling, Dual Wield (1% each)

Critical Attack Damage (up to +46%): Dual Wield, Martial Arts (14% each); Brawling (12%); Bow, Hand Blaster, Two-Handed (2%)

Critical Heal Chance (up to +12%): Two-Handed (4%); Brawling, Rifle (+3% each); Dual Pistol, Hand Blaster (1% each)

Critical Healing Effect (up to +51%): One-Handed, Staff (14% each); Hand Blaster (12%); Bow (3%); Brawling, Martial Arts, Rifle, Two-Handed (2% each)

Stealth Rating (up to +6): Bow, Martial Arts (3 each)
---