best power?? please read.

#1blindfirebeastPosted 1/8/2012 9:37:23 PM
I just wanted to know what the best power was for some one with a rifle and flight.
#2pdizzles125Posted 1/8/2012 10:10:33 PM
There really is no best power. No, that's not just me saying it, it's pretty much true.
:::
First off, level 1-30 is just the start of the game, after you hit 30 is when you start doing group-related activities (i.e. duos, alerts, and raids.)

So, you're going to have to decide what kind of role you want to play in combat. There are four.

Tank -> Gets all the enemies to attack him, holds aggro (tendency for enemies to attack)
powers you could use - Fire, Ice, and soon, Earth

DPS -> Standard damage-dealing role that a lot of people play, you can use any power you feel like. Your role in combat is to put out massive amounts of damage as quickly as possible.

Controller -> With this role, your job is to keep the group's power bars (blue bar) filled. Your priority player to give power to is the tank, as he needs power to hold aggro. You also debuff bosses. Powers = Gadget, hard light, mental (hard light would prob be best)

Healer -> pretty obvious. Heal your teammates, priority target is the tank. If the tank goes down, you all die. (Nature or Sorcery)

Healers and Trollers use a lot of rifle, because it builds combos fairly easily and is ranged. Building combos is essential for heals and trolls because as you build a combo, you regain power, which you use to supply the party with heals and .. more power. :D
---
We need a Dissidia on PS3.
People who agree with me : 1
#3xage19Posted 1/9/2012 4:07:23 AM

blindfirebeast posted...
I just wanted to know what the best power was for some one with a rifle and flight.

ok im not saying what power is the best, but i do recommend trying dps sorcery with rifle/flight.
i had allot of fun playing like that, might not even be close to "the best" but hell it was fun! :D popping some skills and dropping some mortar strikes and such then end with final ruin

#4zegram33Posted 1/9/2012 11:02:04 AM
tech
then grab yourself a jetpack, scaled armour, and spacefarers helmet.

you are now Boba fett :-D

but seriously, any works fine. i find the "healer" powers to be the most beginner friendly since you can heal if you get hurt.Lightning especially is phenomenally good, the basic move for one tree (cant recall which) is a combined telekinetic push AND telekinesis, which is just unfairly good, and then several of its heals heal once, then heal again if you get badly hurt within 2 mins. of course, this needs you to shell out for the dlc.

if no, i'd say nature is the best, since you get heals, you get superspeed from werewolf form, stealth from dog, and can generally do any role well

my first character was a nature acrobatics rifle guy, and i must say, having all 3 movement styles available at will was unexpectedly useful!
#5WheresMyBikeYoPosted 1/9/2012 12:04:39 PM
pdizzles125 posted...
Controller -> With this role, your job is to keep the group's power bars (blue bar) filled. Your priority player to give power to is the tank, as he needs power to hold aggro. You also debuff bosses. Powers = Gadget, hard light, mental (hard light would prob be best)

Actually, the priority of the controller is not to keep the tank's power filled but the healer's. In doing so the tank will have plenty of power and if the tank is using too much power especially on trash mobs then that tank sucks plain and simple.
#6VegetallPosted 1/9/2012 12:49:42 PM
i started with tank, and much like every other roll, if you dont have a good controller or healer, then you will fail...

this is what i like about this game, you cant just play and hope for the best, you need to be good, or you all fail, unless your DPS....

so my main is a fire/brawling, didnt have much problem getting him to 30, but without a good healer in the later alerts you are nothing, with fire though you do have healing spells, which have saved me and my group more then i can count...

next was Light/handblasters, again, not much trouble at all, but i cant go through the lvl 30 Tgear grind again... i did one aleart, and being a controller isnt bad, as long as you know what powers to use, so YOU dont run out of power... you run out of power, healer runs out of power, tank dies, you wipe...

now im working on a Nature/Staff, Werewolf, so weapon doesnt really matter, since the shapeshift changes your combos and you fight with your claws.... but no real challenge and i picked all damg spell, so no healing yet, (looking for a decent guide, since i feel i really screwed up) but up to lvl 20... again, probably get to 30 and go back to my tank, like above cant see going through the lvl 30 grind again....

i have a lvl 15, sorc and elctric guy that i will eventually, go back to playing, but even with them, AS LONG AS YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING then any power is fine... most powers, you cant run into more then 3-4 guys solo and come out alive...

this game really comes with playtime AND skill, the more you pick up on will help you later, the more you do alerts/duos/raids, the more you learn for the NEXT time...
#7blindfirebeast(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2012 6:24:02 PM
ok so one person says sorcery with rifle is good and one said lightning with rifle is good and i have the dlc so i can play lightning. what iz better sorcery rifle or lightning rifle??
#8Hellion_ClairePosted 1/9/2012 6:36:11 PM
blindfirebeast posted...
ok so one person says sorcery with rifle is good and one said lightning with rifle is good and i have the dlc so i can play lightning. what iz better sorcery rifle or lightning rifle??

Lightning atm is powerful, they may tone it down though because of people complaning like always
---
PSN: XHellionClairEX