troller here with a quick question

#1Thekingofny718Posted 1/16/2012 4:35:55 PM
ok last nite i did the sub raid. now im a hard light troller i put out 278370 power and over 100000 damage. the other troller gave out 300000 power and 62000 damage. my question is is my power output bad cause after the raid everyone was complaining that i should have gave out way more but personally i think thats great.i mean i know my role kept the lightning bolt up there with light claws and boxing gloves for POT. then when power got low did a power dump with recharge but still caught flack. people complained that my power bar was to high i mean i got pot on plus theother trollers pot kept my power up so evertime i did a power dump i fought and got power quickly. what did i do wrong ???
---
psn wisemoneymurder
dcuo beholdagod
#2fred_ff_maniacPosted 1/16/2012 5:25:35 PM
i don't understand. if you had been keeping up with the buff and using the recharge skill as well, there is no way in hell the other guy can keep up with your power regen with his recharge alone.

anyhow, i ran fos2 yesterday and i discussed with the other troller who has the higher vit and he had, so he was doing the power over time buff while i do most of the debuff stuns and constantly recharging power where needed.
They never moaned at me :P.
#3mark2098Posted 1/16/2012 5:31:37 PM
i guess if you don't have enough sp you should focus on critical power and vita then later on debuff and CC, some controllers have vita really high and critical power, they fill over half bar that's pretty good. maybe the other controller wasn't using POT often or none of you were debuffing.
#4fred_ff_maniacPosted 1/16/2012 5:41:33 PM
i struggle to choose between % crit power and vit. I have focused on vit first because it is more reliable and im not sure that few % makes that much of a difference.
#5Thekingofny718(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2012 6:02:37 PM
ok soooo 278370 power output isnt good
---
psn wisemoneymurder
dcuo beholdagod
#6fred_ff_maniacPosted 1/16/2012 7:12:07 PM
you really odd to be hitting around 300k power though. just an example, in batcave 2 raid, i had done 360k power while the other guy only did half that amount.

to add to this, i did roughly 110-130k of damage, so i wasn't completely useless. (gotta love throwing that light weight which causes AoE damage, knock up and debuff at the same time ^^)
#7LastShotPosted 1/17/2012 12:10:53 PM
It depends on the roles complaining. If it were the healers complaining, then maybe you should have put out more. If it was a tank or dps, they're big kids and can handle getting their own power.

The way I look at it, you did close to the other guy so it's not like you weren't putting any out. They can't get angry if you kept the healers powered and were able to do dps. I ran Kahndaq with a hard light controller as the only troller and was first in dps because of my gear. Just keep the healers happy and you'll be okay.

Although... sometimes you have crappy healers that spam heals when somebody drops a sliver less than full health. They eat up power and will still complain their not getting enough.
#8VegetallPosted 1/17/2012 12:18:25 PM
i agree with the above...

if the healer is complaining thats one thing, especially if ppl are dieing... but again, he could be a horrible healer...

my main is a tank... and i keep a keen eye on my healers power, just incase, sometimes healers wont say anything and just keep doing a crappy job...when it really is the trollers issue, so i will say something

but as for my power or DPS, we should be regulating, i do find myself running out of power to get out of being controller, and whats my own fault.... i make sure for the right situation i have the power, and if the troller is doing a decent job i dont have to worry about it at all..

if your constantly wiping, and its not in the first couples seconds of the fight usally its the troller, IMO, since having the fight last to the end, your putting out the power so that can happen... all depending on hope much damg everyone is doing of course....
#9tomo012Posted 1/17/2012 12:32:49 PM
ok last nite i did the sub raid. now im a hard light troller i put out 278370 power and over 100000 damage. the other troller gave out 300000 power and 62000 damage. my question is is my power output bad cause after the raid everyone was complaining that i should have gave out way more but personally i think thats great.i mean i know my role kept the lightning bolt up there with light claws and boxing gloves for POT. then when power got low did a power dump with recharge but still caught flack. people complained that my power bar was to high i mean i got pot on plus theother trollers pot kept my power up so evertime i did a power dump i fought and got power quickly. what did i do wrong ???

Not to troll or anything, but HL trollers really have a hard time keeping up with the traditional troller roles (mental and gadgets) in terms of power out numbers.
I've run all raids with all types of controllers and have yet to see a HL troller get anywhere near my numbers.

I think the problem resides with the melee aspect of it. Unlike mental and gadget HL trollers can't sit back and pew pew a little and power dump/PoT. They have to get in the mix alongside tanks and DPS which in the heat of battle can cause people to forget for a moment that they are putting the DPS portion of their role over the power restoration one.

And remember that the damage dealt throughout has zero bearing on how much power is being pushed. I've easily given out 500k+ in raids and only been higher than healer in damage out.
No one ever complains about power when you're pushing those numbers and no one will ever complain that the controller isn't pulling his weight in damage dealing either.
#10fred_ff_maniacPosted 1/17/2012 12:47:01 PM
Tomo, not trying to argue, but I too am a HL controller. I often put out more power and dps than mental or gadgets controller. It is much because of the melee aspect, light claw combo makes you jump in but you do provide stun and aoe knock down.

Furthermore, light weight is one of the best aoe attack debuff while doing nice aoe damage with knock down effect. The only thing I can say is worse is the defence debuff which require to get close and due to the high damage and after cast delay there is a high chance you get gimped.

also remember this, HL controllers give a buff of 60 might (maybe precision too, but not sure how much) everytime they use recharge, so in a way they contributed to the damage output from other heroes and this 'invisible damage' is not shown under the hard light controller's score.

in terms of the power out, it really depends on who applied the PoT buff and reapplying the buff