Warning to all about getting suspended in dcuo

#1ULTIMATE2684Posted 3/30/2012 1:39:29 AM
i was just recently suspended for "foul language" even though they have a language filter.

Even though i didn't say much dcuo has the right to warn, suspend, or terminate anyones account for using foul language of any form, and if you don't want any of these above three to happen to you, use your mic to use foul language.
---
6th Prestige Lv. 50 PSN ID: XxFlarEBursTxX
http://www.youtube.com/user/ULTIMATE2684
#2MrzKittyPosted 3/30/2012 1:42:41 AM
or just don't use the foul. I have a son that I don't see any reason to be cussing at others. And if it was just an excitement thing than that's just Ducking Awesome.
#3superboy1281Posted 3/30/2012 1:54:32 AM
Yeah its really stupid that you have Big Bro Sony watching over your shoulder and monitoring everything you say. i still cuss like a sailor and the moment they suspend my account Ill suspend my sub.
---
PSN superboy0081
#4Nahato_YumotaskPosted 3/30/2012 4:07:48 AM
ULTIMATE2684 posted...
i was just recently suspended for "foul language" even though they have a language filter.

Even though i didn't say much dcuo has the right to warn, suspend, or terminate anyones account for using foul language of any form, and if you don't want any of these above three to happen to you, use your mic to use foul language.

You can get reported for using mic to swear in any voice channel and be suspended. Don't know how they would know but it can happen.
#5ULTIMATE2684(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2012 6:26:03 AM
Nahato_Yumotask posted...
ULTIMATE2684 posted...

You can get reported for using mic to swear in any voice channel and be suspended. Don't know how they would know but it can happen.

My guess is if too many people report you they presume it's true and suspend you.

@kitty yes that is also an option, but in my opinion foul language isn't foul to me in the slightest. I see no reason for the language i used to be deemed foul by anyone at anytime, i actually want to know who in their right mind would deem such words as foul? is it because they generally refer to something dirty? people don't get banned for saying crap or butt, but they will for S*** or A**? i honestly don't see the logic in that.
---
6th Prestige Lv. 50 PSN ID: XxFlarEBursTxX
http://www.youtube.com/user/ULTIMATE2684
#6orphanjohnPosted 3/30/2012 4:42:33 PM
ULTIMATE2684 posted...

They don't check groups. It seems that they are jumping from league to league and listening in, because it happened to one of our league members.
---
PSN: orphanjohn UMvC3 teams: Viper/Deadpool/Doom - Spidey/Viper or Deadpool/Doom
DCUO: Orphans Fear/Villain/HL DPS/USPS3
#7OnidurumPosted 3/30/2012 4:58:16 PM
I'm at the tail end of my 8 day suspension for typing "the gay parts over" in group chat while doing an Alert. I called them up and asked like 50 questions about it because i think it was totally retarded. But they did like a mass 700 account suspension in one day. I fell into that pot along with 699 other people.
#8superboy1281Posted 3/30/2012 5:15:09 PM
orphanjohn posted...
ULTIMATE2684 posted...

They don't check groups. It seems that they are jumping from league to league and listening in, because it happened to one of our league members.

They definetely check group chats. One of my friends got banned over something she said, and all of the quoted text the CR listed was said in group chat.
---
PSN superboy0081
#9kotorkid95Posted 3/30/2012 5:29:21 PM
Onidurum posted...
I'm at the tail end of my 8 day suspension for typing "the gay parts over" in group chat while doing an Alert. I called them up and asked like 50 questions about it because i think it was totally retarded. But they did like a mass 700 account suspension in one day. I fell into that pot along with 699 other people.

You can get in trouble for using retarded to mean stupid too. I think they want you to use the term "mentally-challenged."
---
8 out of every 5 people suffer from math illiteracy.
#10DimnerstiPosted 3/30/2012 6:24:01 PM
Guess more people should read the terms of service so they can avoid breaking them and getting banned eh? :-p

heh, but honestly, simple swearing I dont mind, its filtered and it would be odd to have the option to turn the filter off if any language that is filtered would still get you banned. Now the players who make it a point to bypass the filter, yeah I report them all the time. Its distastefull and intentionally so.

Wont go into the pointlessness and whole instant loss of respect gratuitous swear causes. Maturity takes time after all.