Any Hard light DPS UPDATED build?

#1NeclordXPosted 4/13/2012 3:09:55 AM
I'm looking for hard light dps guides and I find some, but all them are before the nerfs so lot of things doesn't work as the guides say, or at least no so well as it says.

The only thing I have clear I need precission since is what determines damage when you make combos.

Aside from that...any good tips/build for CURRENT light DPS?
#2superboy1281Posted 4/13/2012 3:46:01 AM
http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuops3/posts/list.m?topic_id=45416
---
PSN superboy0081
#3xbox_3_6_0Posted 4/13/2012 5:35:14 AM
Precision,

and combo snaptrap-ram-fan then repeat

it works, but was awful boring to me
#4orphanjohnPosted 4/13/2012 6:46:49 AM(edited)
xbox_3_6_0 posted...
Precision,

Ram>snap trap>fan. For more ticks, you can go RAM>snap trap>SNAP TRAP(this one can animation cancel the first>fan.

Also use a melee based weapon for a 15% increase in crit damage.

For bosses that CAN'T one shot you, you need to learn to clip whip thrash. RAM>whip thrash>CLIP WITH LIGHT CLAWS THEN HOLD SQUARE FOR SUPER FAST AOE>ram>whip thrash>CLIP>repeat.

By clipping whip thrash at the right time you will get ALL THE TICKS minus the annimation.

If the combo is confusing to understand the input go like this.

FYI my loadout in order from L to R:
Claws/Ram/Straffing Run/Light Weight/Snap Trap/HLS

Combo: (ram)L2+triangle>(wt)tap square>(claws)CLIP WITH L2+tap square>hold square>(ram)tap triangle>(wt)tap square>(claws)CLIP WITH L2+tap square>hold square>repeat.
---
PSN: orphanjohn UMvC3 teams: Viper/Deadpool/Doom - Spidey/Viper or Deadpool/Doom
DCUO: Orphans Fear/Villain/HL DPS/USPS3
#5Notorious_KGBPosted 4/13/2012 7:15:21 AM
orphanjohn posted...
xbox_3_6_0 posted...
Precision,

Ram>snap trap>fan. For more ticks, you can go RAM>snap trap>SNAP TRAP(this one can animation cancel the first>fan.

For bosses that CAN'T one shot you, you need to learn to clip whip thrash. RAM>whip thrash>CLIP WITH LIGHT CLAWS THEN HOLD SQUARE FOR SUPER FAST AOE>ram>whip thrash>CLIP>repeat.

By clipping whip thrash at the right time you will get ALL THE TICKS minus the annimation.

Combo: (ram)L2+triangle>(wt)tap square>(claws)CLIP WITH L2+tap square>hold square>(ram)tap triangle>(wt)tap square>(claws)CLIP WITH L2+tap square>hold square>repeat.

HLS is? hard light shield?
---
PSN: Cpt_Jake_Sparrow
#6OnidurumPosted 4/13/2012 7:46:10 AM
orphanjohn posted...
xbox_3_6_0 posted...
Precision,

What he said. I've been using those combos for awhile. I almost always top damage charts no matter what raid i do. The times that i come in second seem to be thanks to electricity. Not any electricity. BEAST electricity. Last guy that beat me was in a Gates raid. He was in some T4 with like 1930 might unbuffed. But he told me via tell that i was the best hardlight dps he had seen so far. Because he didn't beat me by a large margin. Gotta represent hardlight son. I'm still improving my character though so he better watch out.
#7orphanjohnPosted 4/13/2012 7:47:04 AM
Notorious_KGB posted...
orphanjohn posted...
xbox_3_6_0 posted...
Precision,

Yep, it gets better from Dom and resto. So Prec/resto is what I use for some of the other slots that aren't red.
---
PSN: orphanjohn UMvC3 teams: Viper/Deadpool/Doom - Spidey/Viper or Deadpool/Doom
#8orphanjohnPosted 4/13/2012 7:52:25 AM
In PVP, I like to go RAM>whip thrash>CLAW CLIP>ram>snap trap>fan. When they start getting block happy I go SNAP TRAP>fan>MA BLOCK BREAK CLIP = FREE COMBO
---
#9liVeRSuSiIPosted 4/13/2012 8:16:18 AM
Think of HL like a new weapon, You'll RARELY use you hand weapon.
#10Notorious_KGBPosted 4/13/2012 9:47:21 AM
orphanjohn posted...
Notorious_KGB posted...
orphanjohn posted...
xbox_3_6_0 posted...
Precision,

Yep, it gets better from Dom and resto. So Prec/resto is what I use for some of the other slots that aren't red.

so what is your pve loadout? same thing?
---
PSN: Cpt_Jake_Sparrow