Top Dps class?

#1aeio510Posted 5/14/2012 11:08:11 PM
Seriously guys, enough with the bull **** about classes being all equal. Im tired of forcing my earth to become a really good dps. I mean, I have been leading the charts and usually dominate, but If I had the same armour and skill points on nature for example, I could be a beast werewolf. If I had hardlight, I would dominate in combos and other stuff. I feel that even my noob nature character can beat the tar out geonyx in a fight.

Seriously, what is the best dps class and why.
---
In brightest day, in blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might, Beware my power...EARTH.
#2stromvancouverPosted 5/14/2012 11:30:09 PM
Mental is the best dps class, but I don't know why exactly.
---
3DS FC: 4081-5497-5635
#3fred_ff_maniacPosted 5/15/2012 2:31:28 AM
From my experience, HL and sorcery are best, closely follow by nature and electricity.
---
DC Universe Online EUPS3
LegoBuilder cr84 HL troll/dps 101sp
#4aeio510(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2012 2:48:09 AM
fred_ff_maniac posted...
From my experience, HL and sorcery are best, closely follow by nature and electricity.

Yeah, But I have never played as a sorcery. I know it can summon damage over time AoEs and others, but why would It be top?
---
In brightest day, in blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might, Beware my power...EARTH.
#5fred_ff_maniacPosted 5/15/2012 4:24:13 AM
aeio510 posted...
fred_ff_maniac posted...

Yeah, But I have never played as a sorcery. I know it can summon damage over time AoEs and others, but why would It be top?

It has buffs, magic weapon (I heard, similar to the fire and ice), decent aoe and great finisher. If you are thinking about respecting powers from earth who is also precision based dps, I would suggest you to switch to hard light though.

I do see earth dps being very good in pvp though. I was munched up by one from mass terror once, nothing I could have done about it. Though it might just be the RPS system.
---
DC Universe Online EUPS3
LegoBuilder cr84 HL troll/dps 101sp
#6orphanjohnPosted 5/15/2012 5:37:10 AM
Why does it matter? Just use the one you like, because you are starting to sound like a tier whore.
---
PSN: orphanjohn UMvC3 teams: Viper/Deadpool/Doom - Spidey/Viper or Deadpool/Doom
DCUO: Orphans Fear/Villain/HL DPS/USPS3
#7KadeAuronPosted 5/15/2012 5:53:53 AM
orphanjohn posted...
Why does it matter? Just use the one you like, because you are starting to sound like a tier whore.

Don't see why this matters, it is bullcrap to think all the powers are equal in dps... no game can do this. They can be close... but not equal... from my experiences... Top 3 is Socery, fire and electricity.
---
"You die and you think everything just gonna be all suger and rainbows?!"
#8Gatx94Posted 5/15/2012 6:54:05 AM
Gadgets, fire, electricity, sorcery, HL, nature, ice, mental.

mental is very weak at dps.

Not sure about earth yet, but its probably below ice.
---
PSN: Android-I7
Villian: Noss - Gadgets/Controller/C.Rating 82/97 SP
#9aeio510(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2012 6:58:26 AM
orphanjohn posted...

Tier whore? It matters because people who "do what they like" usually get kicked for being stupid. A.K.A the healers who feel like dpsers, not healing and ****. People who use handblasters for dps(possible but seriously. Even dual pistols does more damage). Don't forget the countless people that love using word of power because of how awesome it seems to be, but then realize that it sucks nuts.

Im just asking because I want to be sure of what im getting. It will cost me 10$ and sorcery seems like a fun class to play, while nature werewolf just sounds exactly like earth dps, buff up and hold buttons multiple times.
---
#10Strigol81Posted 5/15/2012 8:27:11 AM
exact order? I dunno, alot of it seems to come down to the player though

A well geared fire dps that knows what they're doing seem to beat everything

HL seems nice, but from what I understand if you don't clip to cancel animations then you'll get out dpsed by others

I'm nature myself, will flip between werewolf and normal form depending on the fight. It's mostly about keeping the poison spore dots up and spamming attacks
---
Xbox / PS3 / Iphone gamecenter: Strigol