Best Dps Weapon?

#1aeio510Posted 5/21/2012 7:30:36 PM
So this topic has been repeated time and time again always with different winners like bow, rifle, 2h or even staff.
I have used the 2h,bow,rifle and am currently using brawling. Its faster than a 2h, hits higher than martial arts and I am pretty content with it. Its also very AoE like, hitting whole mobs when doing the lunge->hit 2x->uppercut-> haymaker.

Im an earth dps who specializes in weapons, The only proper power I have is sandblast. The rest buffs both my character and his weapon.

I am close to my momentum weapon, and I really really want to know what to get.
---
In brightest day, in blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might, Beware my power...EARTH.
#2EskimoBrotherPosted 5/21/2012 8:44:30 PM
If youre depending on sandblast you should go range. Because if youre melee youll have to back up alot of times to sand blast to avoid interuptions on that second tick.
#3AnonymousFriendPosted 5/21/2012 8:57:00 PM
I have a Fire DPS mainly using Inferno, Obsorb Heat, and the flaming weapon ability. I start off with Inferno with it's +50% damage for five seconds or until combo ends.

For Melee, I took Two-Handed. At first, I spammed Hammer Toss. It does decent damage going and coming back. It will knock down most emenies or interupt them. The Hold Square x4 combo will launch most enemies with the second or third hit and finish with an extremely powerful blow that once crit'd for me at over 2000 when I was still leveling up.

My most used move is the spin attack, Hold Square, Square, Square, Hold Square. It does really good damage, like several over 100. And it interupts some enemies and may even pop them up. I think it's supposed to deflect some projectiles, but I've never noticed it happen.

I haven't really touched One-Handed, Brawling or Martial Arts. My staff experience mostly comes from playing Legends PvP as Robin. Hold Triangle is very powerful. There's this one attack whenplaying as Robin where he twirls the staff around himelf, stunning the enemy and comboing. It does really good damage as well. It might be one of the two long comboes at the bottom of the skill tree.

With ranged, I started with Hand Blaster, and the Triangle, Triangle, Hold Triangle combo is great for stunning the enemy, comboing, and damage and it will transfer to another nearby enemy, restarting the combo, if you still have some hits left from the combo.

I recently added Rifle and didn't like the results. The Grenade does alright croud control damage. Some swear by Flamethrower. Then, added Dual Pistols. I didn't like the input heavy attacks and stuck with the Hold Triangle combo. It does about the same damage per hit as the Hand Blaster combo mentioned above, but has no extra effects with it. Once you reach 20 hits on the combo counter, it stops.

Then I added Bow. I had started using it with my Hard Light DPS but dropped her after New Years and decided to focus on one character. I remember really liking Bow but didn't want to two characters with the same weapon. Unfortunately, the Triangle x4, Hold Triangle combo isso awesome, that that's the only attack I use now.

From what I constntly hear, Two-Handed and Bow are the best DPS weapons. Two-Handed spinner is great for crowds, while the stream of arrows will quickly kill anything.

I would suggest taking the time to respec to each few times and try each out.
---
Nothing is over-rated. Your opinion is just outnumbered.
PSN ID/Gamertag - AnonymousFriend
#4aeio510(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2012 6:14:44 PM
AnonymousFriend posted...
I have a Fire DPS mainly using Inferno, Obsorb Heat, and the flaming weapon ability. I start off with Inferno with it's +50% damage for five seconds or until combo ends.

For Melee, I took Two-Handed. At first, I spammed Hammer Toss. It does decent damage going and coming back. It will knock down most emenies or interupt them. The Hold Square x4 combo will launch most enemies with the second or third hit and finish with an extremely powerful blow that once crit'd for me at over 2000 when I was still leveling up.

My most used move is the spin attack, Hold Square, Square, Square, Hold Square. It does really good damage, like several over 100. And it interupts some enemies and may even pop them up. I think it's supposed to deflect some projectiles, but I've never noticed it happen.

I haven't really touched One-Handed, Brawling or Martial Arts. My staff experience mostly comes from playing Legends PvP as Robin. Hold Triangle is very powerful. There's this one attack whenplaying as Robin where he twirls the staff around himelf, stunning the enemy and comboing. It does really good damage as well. It might be one of the two long comboes at the bottom of the skill tree.

With ranged, I started with Hand Blaster, and the Triangle, Triangle, Hold Triangle combo is great for stunning the enemy, comboing, and damage and it will transfer to another nearby enemy, restarting the combo, if you still have some hits left from the combo.

I recently added Rifle and didn't like the results. The Grenade does alright croud control damage. Some swear by Flamethrower. Then, added Dual Pistols. I didn't like the input heavy attacks and stuck with the Hold Triangle combo. It does about the same damage per hit as the Hand Blaster combo mentioned above, but has no extra effects with it. Once you reach 20 hits on the combo counter, it stops.

Then I added Bow. I had started using it with my Hard Light DPS but dropped her after New Years and decided to focus on one character. I remember really liking Bow but didn't want to two characters with the same weapon. Unfortunately, the Triangle x4, Hold Triangle combo isso awesome, that that's the only attack I use now.

From what I constntly hear, Two-Handed and Bow are the best DPS weapons. Two-Handed spinner is great for crowds, while the stream of arrows will quickly kill anything.

I would suggest taking the time to respec to each few times and try each out.

Sorry for old bump. I am currently using the bow and loving/hating it at the same time. When it is lag, I cant do the trianglex3->hold triangle. It really sucks but I love its damage output. Decent combo builder too.
---
In brightest day, in blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might, Beware my power...EARTH.
#5orphanjohnPosted 5/23/2012 7:01:53 PM
HL DPS weapon goes as followed:

1) Rifle
2) Brawling
3) 2 Handed
---
PSN: orphanjohn UMvC3 characters: Spidey/Viper/Deadpool/Doom DCUO: Orphans Fear/Villain/HL DPS/USPS3
#6aeio510(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2012 8:00:04 PM
orphanjohn posted...

1) Rifle
2) Brawling
3) 2 Handed

yeah yeah yeah. Orphan, you are a really active member. I know that you are hardlight, who likes clipping with your rifle and getting from mob to mob using super speed. I mean dps for earth
---
#7orphanjohnPosted 5/24/2012 3:25:29 AM(edited)
aeio510 posted...
orphanjohn posted...

1) Rifle
2) Brawling
3) 2 Handed

yeah yeah yeah. Orphan, you are a really active member. I know that you are hardlight, who likes clipping with your rifle and getting from mob to mob using super speed. I mean dps for earth

lmao, my bad, I read your just skimmed your post. Well I also have use brawling and 2h. To me, 2h is better for single targets with the doom spin (the damage spilt is terrible). As for brawling I know the double axe handle hits at least 2, and the haymaker also. At first I didn't like brawling at all, but it has grown on me.
---
PSN: orphanjohn UMvC3 characters: Spidey/Viper/Deadpool/Doom DCUO: Orphans Fear/Villain/HL DPS/USPS3
#8aeio510(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2012 4:07:58 AM
orphanjohn posted...
aeio510 posted...
orphanjohn posted...

1) Rifle
2) Brawling
3) 2 Handed

lmao, my bad, I read your just skimmed your post. Well I also have use brawling and 2h. To me, 2h is better for single targets with the doom spin (the damage spilt is terrible). As for brawling I know the double axe handle hits at least 2, and the haymaker also. At first I didn't like brawling at all, but it has grown on me.

Finally, someone who actually noticed how weak doom spin is. When I was on 2h, I just used it to deflect ranged attacks while killing the melee enemies. Brawling seems to do about the same damage as 2h but with alot of AoE attacks. I use the bow nowadays.
---
#9orphanjohnPosted 5/24/2012 4:59:01 AM
aeio510 posted...
orphanjohn posted...
aeio510 posted...
orphanjohn posted...

1) Rifle
2) Brawling
3) 2 Handed

Finally, someone who actually noticed how weak doom spin is. When I was on 2h, I just used it to deflect ranged attacks while killing the melee enemies. Brawling seems to do about the same damage as 2h but with alot of AoE attacks. I use the bow nowadays.

I used the bow on a lightning dps, it was fun but I just got bored with it. It's still a great weapon though. As for the doom spin, if it's one on one it's damn nasty, more than that though the damage is pathetic. In pvp with 2h, the nice thing about it is that you can stop the spin with you triangle tap block breaker.
---