New to Fire DPS, how's my loadout?

#1sliphazardPosted 6/16/2012 3:10:30 PM
I've been messing around with a fire DPS, i've got a loadout that I feel pretty comfortable with. Just wondering what you guys thought and had any advice. Also this is for PvE, but if you know a good PvP loadout I would greatly appreciate it. Much thanks in advance.

I use Martial Arts and my power loadout is:

Enflame / Meteor / Fiery Weapon / Inferno / Snuff Out / Reignition
#2sliphazard(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2012 5:25:45 PM
here's a second loadout I was thinking about using:

Fiery Weapon / Inferno / Mass Det / Meteor / Absorb Heat / Fireball Barrage
#3stromvancouverPosted 6/17/2012 2:42:54 AM
I think you might want to try a ranged weapon, since you are using so many ranged powers.
---
3DS FC: 4081-5497-5635
#4mark2098Posted 6/17/2012 5:40:33 AM
sliphazard posted...
I've been messing around with a fire DPS, i've got a loadout that I feel pretty comfortable with. Just wondering what you guys thought and had any advice. Also this is for PvE, but if you know a good PvP loadout I would greatly appreciate it. Much thanks in advance.

Mu loadout for PVE which top damage sometimes even against better geared playersin raids, is all about rotations and clipping, Fireburst-Meteor-Mass Detonation/NVM-Inferno-Fiery Weapon-Fireball.
#5ROC8Posted 6/17/2012 7:23:38 AM
I use enflame, meteor, absorb heat, inferno, mass detonate, fireball barrage. I sometimes switch absorb heat with flashpoint.
#6sliphazard(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2012 11:23:53 PM
mark2098 posted...
sliphazard posted...

Mu loadout for PVE which top damage sometimes even against better geared playersin raids, is all about rotations and clipping, Fireburst-Meteor-Mass Detonation/NVM-Inferno-Fiery Weapon-Fireball.

NVM ???
#7Nomish1972Posted 6/18/2012 1:03:04 AM
Here's my load out for fire DPS (cr85, sp86)

I use Neo Venom, inferno (to set them alight) fire burst, fire burst, mass detonation, repeat fire burst etc etc

I wouldn't bother with snuff out if you have enough skill points get Vacuum Bubble BEST supercharge for Fire DPS. It's in the flight tree and is only a 50% supercharge.

I very rarely get out DPS'ed these days
#8Various_NefPosted 6/18/2012 7:42:22 AM
First using a melee weapon as a dps for PvE is going to make things harder for you. If at all possible you really should be using a ranged weapon, because later game content the bosses and adds hit really hard.
---
---"Do you think there is beer on the sun? "~MST3K-The Final Sacrifice-
---PSN-LANCER13
#9KingNate412Posted 6/18/2012 10:20:30 AM
Ahh, Fire DPS... First things First.

Melee is always the way to go for ANY DPS, but at the same time a Melee based DPS should have access to a weapon that has a hard hitting ranged attack. I hate to hurt peoples feelings but the strongest DPS toons are the brawling, staff, and DW users, for obvious reasons. They have hard hitting melee combos with OP Ranged attacks.
Bows and rifles are SAFE, but they lack in the potential OHKO attacks. you also have to be in Medium-Close range to utilise the hardest hitting powers in every power I play(8 toons all but mental.)

I've tried the bow, the rifle, the blasters, the pistols, while are great for survival for beginners who want decent damage and low risk, they suck for explosive burst damage. Yea you might kill trash in a t1/2 alert before I get a lock on it, but anything with substantial HP will allow me to deal much Higher DPS just because of how much harder my AoEs and single target attacks hit. I'll take a 1200 base/3K+ Crit from a Charged double throw or Focused Spin Over a 700 base Flurry shot, arrow storm, or a 400 base mortar(stupid delay kills mortar even with clipping)

as for snuff out, I used to used it, but Fireburst is now so OP I dropped Mass det and snuff out for it. the only time I bothered with Mass det was when FB got interrupted anyway.

If you ask me you should try stacking burning effect and spam fireburst as often as possible on adds with lots off HP. Always keep F.weapon active

A good combo for me is
Fiery weapon, Inferno/meteor(Extra damage on burning targets and burning DoT), weapon attack/combo(Preferrably a lunge), Flashpoint(Extra damage on burning targets and secondary burning effect while Immolation is active) EnFlame(DoT and burning to everything you touch), Fiery weapon attack/combo, 2x Fire burst, rinse&repeat

I must also state that combo is for high end raids with great power intake. For alerts, you'll want to reduce the power consumption and focus on the Inferno/Immolation>Flashpoint effect, which will get you using weapon combos more. lets say you're usin DW for example in let's say Coast City.

There's a group of lanterns crowded up. activate fiery weapon, using whirlwind strike, cancel whirlwind strike by activating inferno/Immolation. use stunning swipe if there's anything left of the lanterns cancel stunning swipes animation with Flashpoint. Chances are everything is dead by then, if not throw out a meteor for a finisher which even with t1 gear&77.9 it should have killed the adds surrounding. This is more melee and weapon Oriented. it is also easier on the controllers who don't have 1200 Vit&2000+ power.

Be careful about the meteor as it can block certain spells damage as well as prevent healing if it blocks the line of sight. Mental players won't mind though.

There are DPS who hit Hard then there are DPS who kill fast. Then there are DPS who hit hard, kill fast, and utilise their skillsets in different venues while conserving power. You don't want to rely on 1 particular loadout for every build just because each instance is different. Like controllers don't always want to have Every debuff and a pull all the time, DPS should not focus on 1 setup at all times. There are times where Fireburst is obsolete then there are times where it is the best possible power in your powerset. This is due to your stats base weapon damage and target HP. You don't want to want to use 500 power and wait 4 seconds to deal 6000 damage(With potential interruption) to a trarget/ targets with 2000 HP, when you could have used 130 power and a weapon combo that takes 2 seconds to deal 2100.

Sorry for the essay I just like to be very clear. Hope this helps you choose your own loadout and perfect it.
---
---PSN-Couze, games played---SSF4, WKC, DS(NA), Sacred II, RE5. Naruto II, SCon, MW2,Bops, AC:B,
WKC-Couze, Yazmyn---
#10Mindwipe77Posted 6/18/2012 10:20:37 AM
yeah, stinks too cause i think melee dps is more fun but grps rather have ranged dps endgame
---
Playing-Lollipop Chainsaw (360)-DCUO-(ps3)
Buying-Lego Batman 2(360)Thearythum FF(3DS)