Should DCUO offer a lifetime subscription?

#1febreez123Posted 8/13/2009 5:26:19 PM

Some of you may have heard about champions online recently announcing their lifetime subscription package (http://www.champions-online.com/exclusive_specials). You have to buy the lifetime sub or 6 month package BEFORE the game actually launches, and it comes with bonuses. Do you think DCUO should do this, offer a lifetime sub, period, especially before the game is even being sold?

#2Masteraliber44Posted 8/14/2009 8:12:54 AM
no, if this game requires me to buy something BEFORE i play the game then im not going to get this game. The game may blow for all we know it could just be 2-3 missions and we'll have to pay $60 for the game and extra for the sub. bad idea IMO.
---
PSN account: n00b_on_fire_44 R.I.P : my 20gig launch PS3 11/16/06-6/28/09.long live my new 80gig 07/14/09-???
#3MpagarPosted 8/14/2009 9:13:24 AM
He means that those offers for Champion Online is available only until the game comes out, right?

For me, I wouldn't by it. Even if the game looks amazing, I'm not putting down $200 on a game I've never played for an extended period of time. What if it sucks? That just means I've thrown away $185 on extra time I'm not even going to use. And, hell, even if it's good, I can't see myself coming back to a game for thirteen months. I'd rather play it for a few months and stop until a new expansion comes, where I'll play it for another month or so.

Plus lifetime subs get me nervous. Part of me can't help but wonder if the company themselves just don't think they'll be around longer than two years to risk losing profit by offering this deal.
---
"Cat.The other white meat."
#4dillonthebunnyPosted 8/14/2009 3:48:41 PM
is there a price for this game to be played online? i assumed it would be free,
---
Psn: Dillonthebunny.
Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn
#5Chilly82Posted 8/14/2009 6:26:29 PM
^ Why would you assume that? Most MMORPG's force you to pay extra fees.
#6BlockWatcherPosted 8/15/2009 10:08:58 AM
hahaha Dillonthebunny.... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA
---
Don't blame genetics, change them.
#7ninooo7Posted 8/15/2009 11:58:35 AM
Personally, I'm just following the news until they say something about the pricing. It'll be a cold day in hell when I pay $200 for a video game.
---
http://www.console-gamez.com/images/pop3_w1.jpg
#8calvin_0Posted 8/23/2009 6:02:29 AM
"You have to buy the lifetime sub or 6 month package"

if i get the lifetime sub, will i get a refund if the game end before i dies?
---
You cant compare RE5 to Dead Space, its like comparing a broken SDTV to brand new HDTV.
Supended on Gamefaqs:- 2; Other Forum:- 0
#9floydfirePosted 8/24/2009 3:53:10 PM

won't they do a lifetime option when game is released

#10joecrakPosted 8/24/2009 4:17:17 PM
I hope they do offer something similar to what champions is doing.

Youre not forced to get either the lifetime or 6 month subscription, but having played the beta i love it, and ended up ordering the lifetime one, cause math wise $15 a month for 1 year is $180 the life time subscription is $20 more plus you get some other stuff, but the overall price value of it and the gameplay swayed me.

Granted i think they should have at least extended the offer up till like a onth after the games been out, that i think would have been clutch.

But i totally would love a discounted deal like this for the dc one should it come out.

---
Nerds love Bruce Campbell