Level cap is 50...not 30?

#1Ackel13XIIIPosted 8/16/2010 6:45:41 AM
http://aggrogamer.com/article/2086/SOE-Fan-Faire-Hands-On-DC-Universe-Online

•Jim Lee is effectively the Art Director for the game as all art assets need his approval to be placed in the game. (DC fans should love this.)
•All the PVP modes, including Iconic PVP will be available at launch on 11/2/10. (No having to wait for these things like other MMOs in the past.)
•In Iconic PVP, your gear and level means dick as you will have all the gear and abilities that come with that character. (Meaning, when you are playing as Batman you will have all of his moves and gear so you can truly be the bad ass he is - even at level 10.)
•Leveling in DCUO is going to be rapid and you will be able to reach the Level 50 cap quickly. (For two reasons. They want you to feel like a hero the entire time playing and not start out a wuss and stay a wuss for months as you level up. Also, they have loads of end-game content ready for you at launch and want you to experience it before future updates bog it all down.)
•Gotham and Metropolis are announced zones with all their own drama going on. (These are the only areas announced, but you can rest assured that all the other iconic areas are either already present or in the pipeline.)
•For now it is only the basic Earth realm from the comics, and only the comics. (Not that the films and shows haven't played their part in the canon, but the comics are too rich to be ignored.)
•The closed beta for the PC is coming soon and it is not a beta as most would think. (Unlike other "beta tests" it isn't a demo, it isn't a load test and it isn't a 'please find out bugs.' It is a 'do you like the content and how the game play feels' test. If that makes sense.)
•The PS3 closed beta will follow a few weeks after the PC's. (Not because it won't be ready, they developed in parallel. It's mostly because of the limitations on how to distribute over the PSN.)
---
For anti-DCUO, go play your free to play super hero "mmo":
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-marvel-super/700624
#2JoshuaBagwellPosted 8/16/2010 7:14:16 AM
i told people they said the ps3 beta would be after the pc
All these people worried they didnt get beta code for nothing.

Glad to hear easy to level up but wouldnt it make it alittle easier to get iconic armor.
idk there is alot of info they still need to release like what are the other iconic armors and what do they look like. Can i get batmans without having to be a hero and have him as my mentor.
Really hate playing as good guy and that armor is the only reason i would

---
Guyver
#3IrthosThurilPosted 8/16/2010 7:46:50 AM
•The PS3 closed beta will follow a few weeks after the PC's. (Not because it won't be ready, they developed in parallel. It's mostly because of the limitations on how to distribute over the PSN.)

Sigh, this is disheartening to hear.

---
Na, the only hero ass that might be kissed is WonderWoman's ass. I'd grab a bib and some ketchup for that.Progrmd2Destroy
#4Tiberius4327Posted 8/16/2010 8:43:50 AM
Well it came directly from one of the developers during the fan faire Q+A that the level cap is 30, so I think it's a mistake in the article when they say it's 50 (it's possible it's been increased, but that's a massive increase in just a couple of weeks, especially since they said the level cap was based around the available content)

•The closed beta for the PC is coming soon and it is not a beta as most would think. (Unlike other "beta tests" it isn't a demo, it isn't a load test and it isn't a 'please find out bugs.' It is a 'do you like the content and how the game play feels' test. If that makes sense.)

This is interesting and it explains why it's taken them so long to get the closed beta started (I was starting to get really worried because most closed beta tests start several months before release, not two month before). All I can say is, I hope they have an excellent in-house testing team (or a lot of friends and family who know how to beta test), otherwise we are going to have a very buggy game at release (or a very polished game with hardly any content).

---
Loyalty can't be bought at any price;
but it can be rented remarkably cheaply.
#5ReddWith2DsPosted 8/16/2010 9:07:24 PM
A few weeks? I was hoping to play before school started back up...