6 Character Slots?

#1RoyalDeathPosted 9/16/2010 9:28:01 PM
I was going through some of the old videos of DC Universe and I can't believe I didn't notice it before. It seems like we have 6 character slots available, im not sure if there gonna change but let's hope it stays at 6. Here is a link to the video or you can search for it on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqSLbjjYPPA&feature=related

The title of the video is DC Universe Online: Gameplay with HEXAGON PART 1

pause the video at 0:30 and look at the left side. This is probably news to some but I got bored.
#2Quiksilver311Posted 9/16/2010 10:04:00 PM

it was sort of assumed since there are 6 kinds of characters to make between tech magic and meta, good and evil, but i haven't seen any actual evidence yet so good find

#3Progrmd2DestroyPosted 9/16/2010 11:40:14 PM
Yeah, that's great news. I'll probably make 1 of each character type..just to see all possible main storylines.
---
Dammit, we have NO choice! Set all droid weapon systems 2...
:={000{===:.DESTROY . :===}999}=
#4Ackel13XIIIPosted 9/17/2010 12:09:03 AM
That video was from prealpha stage, 1-2 years ago.

In more recent news about character slots, they said at least 2 will be free, they haven't decided the total number each accounts can have without paying for extra slots.
---
For anti-DCUO, go play your free to play super hero "mmo":
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-marvel-super/700624
#5RoyalDeath(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2010 12:29:46 AM
oooh....that's not good if they are gonna charge for more slots it better be 50 cents or something lol.

In recent news I just saw the iconic armor for Lex and it looked horrible
#6ennzojessePosted 9/17/2010 5:19:08 AM
you can clearly see up and down arrows in that window for scrolling down a list.. 6 is fine, but there will probable be more
#7squiggy9996999Posted 9/17/2010 6:29:40 AM
six isn't alot (i'm not complaining) if you think about long term. many people will want to get 1 character of each type just to learn what the game has to offer. then they might try new variations of them and will not want to erase their old characters.
#8Prokickboxer08Posted 9/17/2010 7:17:04 PM

If they make us pay for extra slots and give us a really low amount to start with, ontop of that with a 30 level cap if this is how it is I honestly am not gonna buy the game, you will get to level 30 in the free month they give you make a second character and finish it in 1 week wow I cant wait for the Beta to come...

#9VobeDarkElfPosted 9/17/2010 8:08:57 PM
ontop of that with a 30 level cap...

What does it really even matter? I have played MMOs level capped at 40, 50, 60, 90, and even 200. More levels won't change the content you will be playing through, it will just limit the amount of people you can group with. Besides, it seems to me that a lot of the MMO players I meet only care about getting to that top level anyway. So why make that goal seem like a grind through a lot of levels?

And besides, a dev recently hinted that they were still working on the leveling. 30 may have been true two months ago, but today they may have the beta capped at 40 or 50.
#10RoyalDeath(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2010 8:29:40 PM
Prokickboxer08 posted...

If they make us pay for extra slots and give us a really low amount to start with, ontop of that with a 30 level cap if this is how it is I honestly am not gonna buy the game, you will get to level 30 in the free month they give you make a second character and finish it in 1 week wow I cant wait for the Beta to come...

We don't exactly know how leveling up works in the game, it might take a long time. We can't exactly leave the city and fight of bad guys like you normally would do in some MMO games. If it was that easy to reach 30 im pretty sure they would raise the cap level a bit more higher.