The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

how do you shout in DCUO

#1numberrrrPosted 12/21/2010 8:25:19 AM
Yeah there is no manual for this beta.
#2ionenwksPosted 12/21/2010 8:28:24 AM
/say - Say something to anyone in your local area
/s - Same as /say
/groupsay - Say something to members of your group
/group - Same as /groupsay
/g - Same as /groupsay
/party - Same as /groupsay
/p - Same as /groupsay
/tell [name] - Send a private message to another person (use quotes around names with a space)
/t - Same as /tell
/reply - Send a private message to the last person that sent you a private message
/r - Same as /reply
/shout - Shout a message to everyone in the same region (like say but broader). A shout in Gotham won't be heard in Metropolis and vise-versa
/invite [name] - Invite another person to join a group with you (no quotes needed)
/leave - Leave your current group
/kick [name] - Kick the specified person from your group (no quotes needed; must be leader)
/promote [name] - Promote the specified person to be the group leader (no quotes needed; must be leader)
/pvp - Set yourself up for PvP while you're on a PvE server (both players need to have it set).

Note that none of those (afaik) work to communicate with the opposite faction, villains won't hear shouts from heroes and vise-versa, I believe they don't heir /say either. And last time I used /tell it said "blocked to other faction".
#3ionenwksPosted 12/21/2010 8:31:12 AM
Another lesser known thing: If you hold L1 and hit the D-Pad up or down, you can zoom in/out (only works if there's no targets nearby)
#4chamminPosted 12/21/2010 8:37:00 AM
ionenwks thanks a lot for that info, I'm gonna tag this until I get used to all those commands.
---
PSN: Cham88
The moonlight was robust but they couldn't see the beauty in it...
#5DrakesDeceptionPosted 12/21/2010 8:50:55 AM

IF you've ever played WoW, you would know. It's the same as every MMO game. Try doing /dance and who knows? Maybe your character will dance LOL! It's like that in WoW. So I wouldn't be surprised if it worked here.