FAQ for abbreviations etc...?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. DC Universe Online
  3. FAQ for abbreviations etc...?

User Info: DarthPalpatine1

DarthPalpatine1
6 years ago#1
Is there a FAQ somewhere that explains abbreviations for newbies? I have no clue what some of you guys are talking about. I've never played an MMO before.

The truth is the truth. www.alternet.org

User Info: fearthisjuggalo

fearthisjuggalo
6 years ago#2
List some and I'll see what I can do.
Waiting For:Dragon Age 2, DCUO, Deus Ex, LotR War in the North, Dungeon Siege III, Homefront, Resistance 3, Warhammer 40k Space Marine

User Info: Vegan_This

Vegan_This
6 years ago#3
BUFF - Positive status effects casted on you by you OR by someone else. Usually on for a duration or just turned on. These effects can make you do more damage, regenerate health or regenerate power. Depends on what class you or the other persons are.

DEBUFF - Negative status effects casted on you OR on your enemy. Usually on for a duration. These effects can make you/enemies do less damage, have less health as a %. Depends on what class you or the other enemies are.

DOT - damage over time

AOE - area of effect. example: an explosion doing splash damage. it can pertain to buffs aoe or debuffs aoe too.

REGEN - regeneration of mana or health.

HOT - heal over time.

TANK - a hero who's main role is to take damage for the team. The wall, the first line and main line of defense.

LVL - what character level you are.

AGRO - aggression. threat level, the ememies attention to a team mate.

ADD - a respawned or wandering enemy who jumps into a fight unexpectedly. "Oi, we got 5 adds behind us!"

INSTANCE - a generated place for the group to privately explore. usually indoor by apearance. alerts, raids, duos(?), Arenas are all instances.

LFG - Looking for group

LFM - Looking for More

LF - Looking For...

WTB - Want to Buy

ATM - At the Moment

RL - Real life

BRB - be right back

some common ones from past MMOs.
Paintings, Drawings, Charcoal work, etc. - http://www.flickr.com/photos/edwardart/
Winners don't eat meat. - William S. Broccoli
  1. Boards
  2. DC Universe Online
  3. FAQ for abbreviations etc...?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived