FAQ for abbreviations etc...?

#1DarthPalpatine1Posted 1/12/2011 8:16:30 PM
Is there a FAQ somewhere that explains abbreviations for newbies? I have no clue what some of you guys are talking about. I've never played an MMO before.

---
The truth is the truth. www.alternet.org
#2fearthisjuggaloPosted 1/12/2011 8:32:27 PM
List some and I'll see what I can do.
---
Waiting For:Dragon Age 2, DCUO, Deus Ex, LotR War in the North, Dungeon Siege III, Homefront, Resistance 3, Warhammer 40k Space Marine
#3Vegan_ThisPosted 1/12/2011 8:41:09 PM
BUFF - Positive status effects casted on you by you OR by someone else. Usually on for a duration or just turned on. These effects can make you do more damage, regenerate health or regenerate power. Depends on what class you or the other persons are.

DEBUFF - Negative status effects casted on you OR on your enemy. Usually on for a duration. These effects can make you/enemies do less damage, have less health as a %. Depends on what class you or the other enemies are.

DOT - damage over time

AOE - area of effect. example: an explosion doing splash damage. it can pertain to buffs aoe or debuffs aoe too.

REGEN - regeneration of mana or health.

HOT - heal over time.

TANK - a hero who's main role is to take damage for the team. The wall, the first line and main line of defense.

LVL - what character level you are.

AGRO - aggression. threat level, the ememies attention to a team mate.

ADD - a respawned or wandering enemy who jumps into a fight unexpectedly. "Oi, we got 5 adds behind us!"

INSTANCE - a generated place for the group to privately explore. usually indoor by apearance. alerts, raids, duos(?), Arenas are all instances.

LFG - Looking for group

LFM - Looking for More

LF - Looking For...

WTB - Want to Buy

ATM - At the Moment

RL - Real life

BRB - be right back

some common ones from past MMOs.
---
Paintings, Drawings, Charcoal work, etc. - http://www.flickr.com/photos/edwardart/
Winners don't eat meat. - William S. Broccoli