The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Investigations, Player Briefs and Mentors questions

#1Gmoney-Posted 1/24/2011 3:49:02 AM
Ok, so im gonna start but saying im one of those people with video game OCD and I have a friend playing with me I try to keep even with me or catch up to me as we go.

So.

Do the BLUE exclamation points -- the player briefs -- require a certain mentor to see and pick up?

My friend couldn't see one, although he may of gotten it before...right where I picked one up.

Also, for instance...The Punchline Episode 1 is located where you fight Harley with Robin. Im pretty sure EVERYONE gets this quest, regardless of mentor so they should be able to collect this player brief i'd assume.

However, at level 15...you get your mentor quest which in this case is Batman asking you to go somewhere else.

The building batman sends you to has 3 blue exclamation points for The Punchline Episode 2.

So there's my question. If he has a different mentor and never gets the quest to go into that building, will he never get those episodes? Do I have to make an actual effort to bring him through these buildings just to collect them for him?

Just curious as it's been bugging me a while now. Same with sometimes I see Green exclamation points whited out, when im almost certain I never collected it yet.
---
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted."
PSN/XBL/MGO: RzaRecta357
#2CataclysmsPosted 1/24/2011 4:14:34 AM
The only blues that are specific to certain mentors are the ones inside the mentor specific storylines at level 15 and 30 (which consist of 2 instances missions a piece). Every other blue can be picked up by anyone.

As for the green nodes. There are occasionally multiple nodes for them. It usually happens when the area is large for the related quest. Also for ones inside an instance, there is another version of it outside of the instance if not everyone can get access to that instance. The exception to that is the level 15 and 30 mentor specific quests.
---
I never said I wouldn't to lie
I never that what I said was true.
#3Ackel13XIIIPosted 1/24/2011 4:15:39 AM
I believe the BLUE exclamation points are for whoever get to it first. The GREEN everyone can get, and there are multiple of the same specific green icons. Example *green icon A* might be on the roof, and you might see another green icon in an alley, which is also *A*. The green ones are easier to find.

Regardless which mentor you pick after level 8, everyone can do whatever quests. Players with Batman as the mentor can do instances of players that choose Superman.
---
"In life, the road to darkness is a journey, not a light switch. - Lex Luthor
#4CataclysmsPosted 1/24/2011 4:21:28 AM
I believe the BLUE exclamation points are for whoever get to it first. The GREEN everyone can get, and there are multiple of the same specific green icons. Example *green icon A* might be on the roof, and you might see another green icon in an alley, which is also *A*. The green ones are easier to find.

Regardless which mentor you pick after level 8, everyone can do whatever quests. Players with Batman as the mentor can do instances of players that choose Superman.

Gold ones are the first one who gets there.

And not every quest is able to picked up after 8. Each mentor has 2 quests at level 15 and 2 quests at level 30 that can only be done if you picked that mentor.
---
I never said I wouldn't to lie
I never that what I said was true.
#5Gmoney-(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2011 12:58:40 PM
Thank you. I just find it odd that everyone can get punchline episode 1 yet not episode 2 because of it's instance location.
---
"Nothing is true.Everything is permitted."