Dual Pistol/Fire DPS Build.

#11farkedup2Posted 2/1/2011 12:14:00 PM
yes I'll agree that flight is the worst for PVP BUT for missions its by far the best... you get everywhere faster and its just easier. If you're in the right group for PVP you never have to fly away to escape OR the roll works best anyway so flight becomes the best overall by far... Roll is the best escape move...

/topic about PVP all you have to do is say ROLL
---
GT/PSN: hurriedPlayer
Killing joke | Villain Name - 1 -| Hero's Name - 68 | BOTH lvl 30 /friend me I'm looking for group NOT league
#12samuricexPosted 2/1/2011 1:51:23 PM
I agree that you definitely do not want to go DP for a Fire DPS build. That's what I chose, but mostly because I am going to PvP with him, not PvE (and will switch out when I do PvE with him anyway). For PvE I would definitely go with a melee weapon, probably Dual Wield or Two-Handed for DPS. As for weapon damage equalizing, that is only true for PvP, certainly not for PvE.
---
"Revving up the Harley! Vroom! Vroom!"
#13Sandman100887Posted 2/1/2011 2:12:49 PM

range with a tank class is the dumbest thing you can do... starting from the beginning to handicap you as DPS is just not a smart move. Yes DPS is important BUT wait till you've been on 30 long enough to find good weapons.

oh well you're set in your ways so at least I can be pretty sure I won't ever play with you...

No need to be a jerk about it, especially seeing as he can respec.

Yea, pistols aren't the best choice for a fire tank. Oh, and also know that you can still be a reliable DPS character when you play in the tank role. I have a league member who is a fire tank. He never plays the damage role, but he is our DPS guy. Without him around, our alerts would go by a lot slower. He's a good off-tank (which is essentially what fire tanks are), but he's also a very reliable damage dealer. Just experiment with different builds and go with what you're comfortable with, and what will make you a reliable group member.
---
PSN: sandman1008
#14farkedup2Posted 2/1/2011 2:16:45 PM
somehow in smallville and strykers our controller was at the top of our DPS while still keeping everybody powered up.... the bosses also stayed locked onto him instead of the tank.

Later in the game some weapons come around that do amazing DPS. Once you get there item drops determine which weapon you use quicker than actual choice. I have to learn to use the rifle tonight I think since it does 9.7DPS more than my pistols....
---
GT/PSN: hurriedPlayer
Killing joke | Villain Name - 1 -| Hero's Name - 68 | BOTH lvl 30 /friend me I'm looking for group NOT league