World Shut Down? (Countdown)

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. DC Universe Online
  3. World Shut Down? (Countdown)
4 years ago#1
I just got the game and am totally new to it. Is this some sort of routine update they do regularly at this time or something? I can't find any reference to it on their official forums or anything.

I'm on the Countdown server, and it said Shutting Down World in X time. I decided to go create a new character on the same server, and while I was doing that, the server went down.

I can't even start the game up now. When I exit the game and restart it, there's just an infinite loading screen after the update check runs. Is this normal? Is this scheduled? Is there a place to see these sorts of things and their schedules? Will the server be back?

Thanks.
---
When I link to the FAQ, it's intended to help answer people's questions. It is not me being obnoxious. This IS GameFAQs... right?
4 years ago#2
Yea I was gonna ask about how long these usually last too...first time experiencing one lol :P
4 years ago#3
People on the official forums have explained that this is a routine thing done every morning around this time for 30 minutes or so. So no worries.

Would be nice if this was stated somewhere, though.
---
When I link to the FAQ, it's intended to help answer people's questions. It is not me being obnoxious. This IS GameFAQs... right?
4 years ago#4
No big deal, better to do a system restart every morning than have tons of lag and freezes (or, right now, even more lag and freezes than normal).
4 years ago#5
the only thing I wish they would do is state an estimated time that the servers would be back up kinda like WoW did
---
PSN: Rokea
Sluagh, NovaBlast Killing Joke, Villain
4 years ago#6
am playing on it. the server is fine n running.
---
Monster hunter: Zylo ID#56LXGX DCUO: server Countdown>Villain>Name Zylo
PSN- Zylo82 http://www.youtube.com/Zylo82
4 years ago#7
Yep, it's usually only about half an hour and then it's good.
4 years ago#8
Well its 2:04pm and the server has been down since about 7:00am this morning, I'm wondering if the server is ever going to be back up.
  1. Boards
  2. DC Universe Online
  3. World Shut Down? (Countdown)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived