World Shut Down? (Countdown)

#1VamphaeryPosted 2/19/2011 4:18:32 AM
I just got the game and am totally new to it. Is this some sort of routine update they do regularly at this time or something? I can't find any reference to it on their official forums or anything.

I'm on the Countdown server, and it said Shutting Down World in X time. I decided to go create a new character on the same server, and while I was doing that, the server went down.

I can't even start the game up now. When I exit the game and restart it, there's just an infinite loading screen after the update check runs. Is this normal? Is this scheduled? Is there a place to see these sorts of things and their schedules? Will the server be back?

Thanks.
---
When I link to the FAQ, it's intended to help answer people's questions. It is not me being obnoxious. This IS GameFAQs... right?
#2Kulafu13Posted 2/19/2011 4:21:18 AM
Yea I was gonna ask about how long these usually last too...first time experiencing one lol :P
#3Vamphaery(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2011 4:30:16 AM
People on the official forums have explained that this is a routine thing done every morning around this time for 30 minutes or so. So no worries.

Would be nice if this was stated somewhere, though.
---
When I link to the FAQ, it's intended to help answer people's questions. It is not me being obnoxious. This IS GameFAQs... right?
#4TrueDozenMarksPosted 2/19/2011 4:35:38 AM
No big deal, better to do a system restart every morning than have tons of lag and freezes (or, right now, even more lag and freezes than normal).
#5RaggedcorpsePosted 2/19/2011 4:45:45 AM
the only thing I wish they would do is state an estimated time that the servers would be back up kinda like WoW did
---
PSN: Rokea
Sluagh, NovaBlast Killing Joke, Villain
#6Zylo1982Posted 2/19/2011 5:03:29 AM
am playing on it. the server is fine n running.
---
Monster hunter: Zylo ID#56LXGX DCUO: server Countdown>Villain>Name Zylo
PSN- Zylo82 http://www.youtube.com/Zylo82
#7TrueDozenMarksPosted 2/19/2011 5:17:26 AM
Yep, it's usually only about half an hour and then it's good.
#8RiggormortizPosted 2/19/2011 11:01:06 AM
Well its 2:04pm and the server has been down since about 7:00am this morning, I'm wondering if the server is ever going to be back up.