Anyone's else game freezing constantly?

#1WalkingPlaguePosted 2/28/2011 12:45:47 AM
Anyone else? It froze on me three times. Twice back-to-back within five minutes. First time it's happened, I picked up the game about four or five days before the Catwoman/Batcave patch.
---
Games on tap: DC Universe Online (PS3)
#2budlytePosted 2/28/2011 12:59:47 AM

Oh yea, you aint the only one. Mine usually freezes 2 or 3 hours into it so I choose that time to call it quits. It is seemingly random too. Whether there is a ton going on or just hitting start, the freeze monster just creeps up.

#3BledAngelShadowPosted 2/28/2011 1:29:08 AM
Not a single freeze since the last patch, go figure.
---
PSN: BledAngelShadow // Proud co-leader of Clan [wE>u][wGu*][D|M]
http://www.wearegreaterthanyou.org // JOIN UP NOW!!
#4paradisegamerPosted 2/28/2011 1:33:16 AM
I froze once from the time I got the game till the time of this new patch. Now I seem to freeze at least once every time I play. It never really got annoying until it was during my vault visit tonight.
---
Jackleber - Bwa ha ha that's awesome. Did you drunk dial my mom? That's wicked.
#5CitrikPosted 2/28/2011 9:48:32 AM

I froze once from the time I got the game till the time of this new patch. Now I seem to freeze at least once every time I play. It never really got annoying until it was during my vault visit tonight.

Yeah, this is pretty much my issue as well. Never froze from the time I bought the game on release until this patch. Now I freeze once or twice a night, plus I'm starting to get framerate issues, which usually get so bad it messes up my PS3 in general, making it difficult to even navigate through the XMB at one point.
---
`·.,¸¸,.·´¯•·.·´¯`·.·••This is good, isn't it?••·.·´¯`·.·•¯`·.,¸¸,.·´
#6BledAngelShadowPosted 2/28/2011 2:47:03 PM
after some research, the freeze is a somewhat common issue for some players due to a packet transfer error, hence the almost random nature of the freezes. not all players will experience it though, since freezing can vary based on the server, and many other factors.

a recommended fix, if only temporary, is to power cycle your modem or router. see if that helps, this helps absolve some packet transfer errors on behalf of the ISP, but may not work for DCUO, but is worth a try to see if it improves client performance.
---
PSN: BledAngelShadow // Proud co-leader of Clan [wE>u][wGu*][D|M]
http://www.wearegreaterthanyou.org // JOIN UP NOW!!
#7DeltaSpiritPosted 2/28/2011 2:53:59 PM
My game never froze before the patch but since the patch it has frozen a few times randomly (happens to my friends as well) and I can still talk with my friends when it's frozen
---
World Series Champions 2010 - San Francisco Giants
#8UncleLeoPosted 2/28/2011 3:41:00 PM
Signs. I'm one of the ones who never froze before the patch, and now I'm freezing at least daily, usually more. I highly doubt the problem is anything but the patch, as everyone who is experiencing it is doing so post update. Too much of a coincidence to call it anything else.
---
PSN: Rutteger101 MGO: Rutteger
#9xMynDxPosted 2/28/2011 4:01:54 PM
Never froze since launch--maybe cause I have a newer PS3?
#10crazykid5623Posted 2/28/2011 4:23:15 PM
Mine just froze as I was doing a PVP legend
---
GT: crazykid5623 PSN: crazykid5623