Why does it keep crashing?

#1obitomkenobiPosted 6/19/2011 7:22:59 AM
Doing my head in
---
CHESTERMAN
Hero. Crossfire server
#2HaschdogPosted 6/19/2011 8:49:19 AM
I feel your pain happens to me just about every time I have a loading screen. I understand when a new patch comes out with mmos they can be buggy. The problems usually are fixed in a day or two though, yet here we are. Love this game but they need to get their act together.
#3superloboPosted 6/20/2011 11:25:53 AM

obitomkenobi posted...
Doing my head in
---
CHESTERMAN
Hero. Crossfire server

it's a OME (out of Memory Error) problem. The dev said it on the offical forums. The Ps3 had to load the the things around you and when It runs out of memory (when I say memory I mean that not you hard drive space) , it crashes/freezes.

Computers, when running a program or game tend to look for other resources of memory when it struggles and is about to crash. It'll slow down your computer.

The Ps3 can't do this because it has very limited memory and RAM.

#4MadcapunlimitedPosted 6/20/2011 11:34:26 AM
There's an easy way to test this-- for those of you still having problems (so that it stays "apples to apples") go some place with very little in the way of action (either out in the middle of the water or one of the side rooms in a safehouse or something similar) and see if it makes any difference. Also try turning down the graphics in settings.

See if these things make a difference. Logic would say with less to load an out of memory issue would be less prevalent
---
---Madcap
Negativity causes cancer-- so by that logic one day the internet will be awesome (i.e. the douches will die)
#5MrJaegerPosted 6/20/2011 11:42:35 AM

Madcapunlimited posted...
There's an easy way to test this-- for those of you still having problems (so that it stays "apples to apples") go some place with very little in the way of action (either out in the middle of the water or one of the side rooms in a safehouse or something similar) and see if it makes any difference. Also try turning down the graphics in settings.

See if these things make a difference. Logic would say with less to load an out of memory issue would be less prevalent
---
---Madcap
Negativity causes cancer-- so by that logic one day the internet will be awesome (i.e. the douches will die)

I just tried your trick over open water. I stayed still for 5 minutes and when I went to play I was frozen. Still the freezing is not stopping me from logging in daily and at least doing the vault.

#6squiggy9996999Posted 6/20/2011 12:11:36 PM
pvp is about the only thing working semi-reliably.
#7MadcapunlimitedPosted 6/20/2011 12:31:06 PM
MrJaeger posted...

Madcapunlimited posted...

There's an easy way to test this-- for those of you still having problems (so that it stays "apples to apples") go some place with very little in the way of action (either out in the middle of the water or one of the side rooms in a safehouse or something similar) and see if it makes any difference. Also try turning down the graphics in settings.See if these things make a difference. Logic would say with less to load an out of memory issue would be less prevalent------MadcapNegativity causes cancer-- so by that logic one day the internet will be awesome (i.e. the douches will die)

I just tried your trick over open water. I stayed still for 5 minutes and when I went to play I was frozen. Still the freezing is not stopping me from logging in daily and at least doing the vault.

Any variable that can be eliminated is a good thing IMO. I'm not having these freezing problems, so I don't know. But if there clearly was nothing happening around you and you still froze, it wouldn't seem to bea memory issue unless you have a bunch of downloads going on in the background (I am assuming you do not). I'm NOT saying I'm correct... I'm only saying the logic seems fairly solid. btw-- did you also try turning down the graphics settings?
---
---Madcap
#8squiggy9996999Posted 6/20/2011 12:56:07 PM
some theories, one disproven:

1 - any time you freeze, when you come back, log in as your dude, then log in as one of your alts. then log back in as your main. we did this last night after a few bad rounds, and over a 2+ hour stretch in a 4 player pvp party, only one guy froze that entire time.

2 - i can't say for sure, but it seems like when i forget to put .vs chat back on after a freeze (because it always resets), my game freezes less when i go in and out of pvp instances.

3- i think this one is bunk (and i actually tested it and still froze like crazy so it is debunked, imo) but funny because it reminds me of superstitious athletes: never put any items in the top row of your inventory screen. yup, that was a theory going around lol.
#9BunnyMan85Posted 6/21/2011 12:51:48 AM
the only thing i'm sure of is, when you freeze inside a mission, you will freeze in the loading screen after you come back and finish the mission/raid/duo/alert.