NEW Players: How far have you gotten?

#1rarmonio8920Posted 11/21/2011 4:30:03 PM
I'm curious about the progress of some of you new players. There've been people that have progressed super fast in an effort to get to level 30 and end-game content. In general, I know that it takes about 2, 3 days of continuous play to level up.

It's been a good few three weeks since F2P launched though. I'm guessing that the most a new player could've possibly advanced is what... full tier 1 by now?
---
The Joker: "You killed Captain Clown! YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN!!!"
#2badguyPosted 11/21/2011 4:32:48 PM
im lvl and havent gotten tier 1 gear yet.

kinda working on getting better stuff to start duos
---
:3 xbox tag: badguyisevil PSN: AnAngryMarine
#3rarmonio8920(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2011 4:40:03 PM
If you need some better gear, you can buy some basic Level 30 gear in each wing of the Watchtower or Hall of Doom once you have a certain level of renown with each of the factions.

They cost 1 Mark of Triumph each, but with a full set of T1 armor costing 400 Marks of Triumph, I'd say hold off on buying these armors. You could probably pick up a good or even better level 30 piece right off the bat in a duo or challenge map as a drop.

But if you're going into Alerts and are trying to aggressively get Marks of Triumph, you can buy these basic Level 30 items just to act as a stop-gap and/or fill in those spaces where you don't have the highest level of hear yet.
---
#4TetheallaPosted 11/21/2011 4:40:46 PM
Level 18. Been doing some Legends:PVP. Currently doing Circe's Eclipso missions.
---
PSN: ArcanaXIII [MK9/Disgaea4/DCUO]
DCUO: Vinedread [nature villain]
#5badguyPosted 11/21/2011 4:56:34 PM
rarmonio8920 posted...
If you need some better gear, you can buy some basic Level 30 gear in each wing of the Watchtower or Hall of Doom once you have a certain level of renown with each of the factions.

They cost 1 Mark of Triumph each, but with a full set of T1 armor costing 400 Marks of Triumph, I'd say hold off on buying these armors. You could probably pick up a good or even better level 30 piece right off the bat in a duo or challenge map as a drop.

But if you're going into Alerts and are trying to aggressively get Marks of Triumph, you can buy these basic Level 30 items just to act as a stop-gap and/or fill in those spaces where you don't have the highest level of hear yet.

i think i bought a weapon from a vendor near captain cold, but im still grinding challenges for marks/ equipment.

im a fire/superspeed going for DPS.
---
:3 xbox tag: badguyisevil PSN: AnAngryMarine
#6Notorious_KGBPosted 11/21/2011 5:04:01 PM
almost got full tier 1after playing 10 hours per day
---
PSN: Cpt_Jake_Sparrow
#7Batto13Posted 11/21/2011 5:36:09 PM
I'm level 30 just taking my time with MoT's and enjoying the game...I usually fly around and look for (?)'s and (!)'s they are addicting to find o.O

and i do challenge missions and duo's here and there....

randomly help people doing bounties.....

but i really love this game...i take one step at a time and i find neat things or i don't realize it but i finish collections or briefings and it gets me pumped....

I could just be doing duo's alerts and quests everyday to finish my stuff...but what's the rush?
#8rarmonio8920(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2011 5:39:41 PM
@Batto: Good man (or woman). You're going to be very happy when you're trying to get your skill points up and realize you only need to do one or two investigations to finish a feat.
---
#9Batto13Posted 11/21/2011 6:07:39 PM
haha thank you :D and i'm a man...LOL

and yes i've picked up on this game faster than most noobs....I have researched and stuff aswell...

and collecting isn't what i usually what i do...but for some reason this game makes me want to collect O.o

and side note retro tech my favorite style as of right now haha i have that one completed

and i think the antifreeze one...but that one kinda sucks
#10ZakuLordJoePosted 11/21/2011 6:43:38 PM
I'm at level 20, and the mission I'm trying to beat now is defeating Brother Blood.

Ain't going well. D:
---
PSN: cyrax470
DCUO Hero: Commander Shield