Is there any advantage to using the crystal golem?

#1Lum_the_MadPosted 3/18/2012 10:25:04 AM
I know it's the lowest tiered golem on the Earth power tree but I was wondering if there was any advantage to using it over the brick golem? I've seen it throw a few earth attacks out and since it obvoiusly doesn't taunt the enemies as much as the brick golem does i was wondering if it was the better golem to use in DPS mode?

Does it give any kind of bonus for being summoned like the Sorcery Furry Summon?
---
"That is not just scraping the bottom of the barrel, that is lifting the barel up and poking some of the slimy sludge growing underneath the barrel."
#2ositadimaPosted 3/18/2012 11:36:50 AM
Nope no advantage only that it get more crits than earth it takes too long to charge that ranged attack where as brick goes straight in. its got lower defense it won't last as long as brick especially if you use damage migate I wouldn't really choose crystal over brick the both do about the same damage
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ositadima1
#3xDOUGYxPosted 3/18/2012 3:24:27 PM
Uh.. Crystal is the DPS pet so I'd assume yes..
#4Lum_the_Mad(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2012 11:40:10 AM
I did notice the Totem power says that it increases the critical atk chance and dmg of the Crystal golem specifically. Not all golems or pets, just the crystal one. I wonder if it's enough to make a difference on pet choices? Or if an earth tank using the totem ability will buff the DPS earth power in the same group? Power interactions like that would be interesting.
---
"That is not just scraping the bottom of the barrel, that is lifting the barel up and poking some of the slimy sludge growing underneath the barrel."
#5kotorkid95Posted 3/22/2012 6:03:10 PM
Either way i use brick. The taunt has been really helpful, and he attacks so much more than the crystal one. The totem you shouldn't really be using.
---
8 out of every 5 people suffer from math illiteracy.