electric healer help

#1gabberknightPosted 4/13/2012 11:09:43 AM
i just hit 25, i've only been playing this build for 3 days. this is my first healer. i've read other topics, but they only cover what powers to use. i need some insight on skills, what weapons should i dump skill points into? which is more important for electric healer crit healing or restore??
---
PSN: pudelicious
#2stromvancouverPosted 4/13/2012 11:51:00 AM
I'm not sure about what spells you should use. Try looking at the spell descriptions ingame for spells that work in the healer stance and make make your own loadout. I would think putting skill points into restore is more important because many elec heals are HoT with only maybe one big heal spell. You'll want to use a ranged weapon. W/e suits your play style will be fine.
---
3DS FC: 4081-5497-5635
#3fred_ff_maniacPosted 4/13/2012 11:57:26 AM
I maxed heal critical chance and critical amount first, some argue you should max critical chance and restoration first. The way I see it, you will be spamming heals pretty often anyway and critical amount is bound to benefit better than that 15 points in restoration.

All depends on your gears. Early stage restoration>critical amount, late game critical > restoration (when your equipment make up of most of your restoration).

hand blaster, bow, rifle and dual pistols are all good as healer weapons
#4gabberknight(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2012 6:19:39 PM
cool thanx for the advice. i try to team with trollers so i figured crit would be better than restore. after all a good troller makes spamming possible.

i'm using bow, think my other weapon will be blasters.
---
#5CBas92Posted 4/13/2012 9:56:20 PM
I would definitely have to say raise restoration first, then crit chance, and afterwards crit magnitude. You still need your normal heals to be as high as possible considering your crit chance wont ever reach higher than maybe 20%(counting modded socket affinities), 30% if you're sorcery and have golden aura active, so yea I suggest getting your base heals to as high as possible then move on to the criticals.
#6SongiPosted 4/14/2012 2:04:28 AM
I personally use rifle on my electric healer. Bow works very well too. Bow feels a lot more beginner friendly since it allows full movement between shots. Most healers I've played with use bows as well.

Put points into critical heal chance and magnitude first. Your heal amounts will increase a lot faster and you cannot get as much critical chance any other way. Restoration will come as you gear up and socket your armor. Once you have a full set of tier armor you will have around 1500 restoration. That is more than enough to heal anything T1-3. Just socket your armor with restoration mods to squeeze out even more restoration.
---
PSN ID: Doug_Drealer
#7TearlockPosted 4/14/2012 4:05:41 AM
Restoration = base heal amount
Critical heal = Base heal amount multiplied

Greater restoration will increase the amount healed for both critical and non critical heals
Greater Ctirical heal magnitude icreases the size of a critical heal only.
Greater critical heal chance will only increase how often ctirical heals occur.

So in this order max Restoration>Critical heal chance>Critical heal mag

So first increase your overall healing potency, then increase the liklihood that your heals will become critical, then max the size of the critical heals.

Also, some unsolicited advice on Electricity healing powers (I main with an electricity healer and having been using the character since the DLC first released. I've got it down to a science.

1 Ionic drain- from a good distance away from the action when party members health is <90 and falling. Range is very high. However, if someone on the team is suddenly near death and Ionic Drain still has a few seconds left to complete, consider cancelling it by blocking then cast a single target heal instead before they get KO'd. Remember though, there is always a BIG heal at the end of Arc-Lightning if you let it run its full 4 second cast time.

2 Galvanize THEN Electrogenesis once a minute for cheap heals over time. Always Galvanize FIRST while standing near the largest group of teammates for a small heal over time. Immediately then use electrogenesis to stack a significantly larget heal over time on top of this. Reversing the order cancels out electrogenesis completely which is bad since it heals more hp over time than galvanize does. Having Galvanize, Electrogenesis, and Ionic Drain all going at once will generate a huge amount of heal tics at once. That's a lot of chances for critical heals and will be more than enough to keep the group maintained while taking on the average mob of enemies.

3. Also Galvanize when 3 to 8 people in close proximity all have 70% or less health.

4. Biocapacitor about whenever cooled down AND one person in the group needs a significant heal. The "safety net" heal effect will settle on that person, yourself, and two others (hopefully one of them is the tank). The safety net lasts about 2 minutes and you can use Biocapacitor again within that time to get safety net heals onmore than 4 players.

5. Bioelectric Surge - Spam this when 2 or more people besides yourself need a heal but they are out of range for Galvanize to be effective. If teammates are close together, use Galvanize instead. Remember though, Galvanize does cancel Electrogenesis so consider quickly whether to use Galvanize, or spam Bioelectric Surge.

6. Invigorate - When all else fails. 50% supercharge. You can cast it even when trapped or stunned. Heals anyone in line of sight for a large short term heal over time. ALSO REGENERATES THE TEAM'S POWER, YOURS TOO.

7. Don't use Electroburst in PvE. It relies on too many variable to be effective and requires you to be to close to enemies.

8. Don't use Arc Lightning unless you are in damage role or PvP for the most part. It MAY heal teammates who are close by when it hits an enemy in range but this is never guaranteed and it uses too much power to not be a sure thing.

9. Heal non-playable characters with Galvanize, Electrogenesis. Consider also using Arc-Lightning for this if the other two are healing enough.

Weapon to use. Any ranged weapon you can get good combos out of. I prefer handblasters for the "pulse beam". Tap Triangle then hold triangle for a fast combo beam on a single target. While holding triangle, press left or right on the D-pad periodically to switch targets while resettingthe beam's animation (the hit counter will keep going up). Remember the Central city healer SPARK weapon has a change to heal yo and other teammates also equipped with Sparc weapons every time you damage an enemy. So you have a change to heal with pulse-beam randomly when comboing to regenerate power.
#8TearlockPosted 4/14/2012 4:17:34 AM
Tearlock posted...
1 Ionic drain- from a good distance away from the action when party members health is <90 and falling. Range is very high. However, if someone on the team is suddenly near death and Ionic Drain still has a few seconds left to complete, consider cancelling it by blocking then cast a single target heal instead before they get KO'd. Remember though, there is always a BIG heal at the end of Arc-Lightning if you let it run its full 4 second cast time.

Oops, for some reason I mention Arc lightning at the end there when I meant to say Ionic Drain. Ionic Drain has the big heal at the end, not arc-lightning.
#9GhostCrysisPosted 4/14/2012 9:20:02 AM

Of all the previous post advice given to you, listen to Tearlock. All of the other advice given to you will make you look like a failed healer.

I don't like hearing "If you have a good controller/tank" nonsense. There's a reason why those players are good. As a healer you don't want to be the one slowing your group down. Go for restoration first, obviously you don't have any T1 gears, why you would increase critical heal first is beyond my understanding.

#10gabberknight(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2012 9:01:00 PM
ok now that i'm lvl 30 with this toon, are there any leagues looking for another healer? i'm 30 years old, got a mic, and want to get as many skill points as quickly as possible. i'm also legendary. US pvp server. names Gabber Sparks

just one thing though... if your league has more unnecessary X's or numbers than letters in it's name dont bother inviting.
---