What stats do i need as a Hard Light DPS?

#1AvatanPosted 4/27/2012 10:18:31 AM
Hi, newish to the game, wanted to make a dps after getting my troller to 30. Was wondering what stats I should aim for as a HL dps?
---
XBL GT:NATO Virus
#2orphanjohnPosted 4/27/2012 10:30:30 AM
Precision in your gear sockets, so: RED - precision BLUE - precision/health YELLOW - precision/power or precision/restoration ( ONLY if you get hard light shield)

In your weapon skill trees get the critical attack damage and critical attack chance first, then get might.

In the ICONIC power tree make sure to at least get the critical attack chance and critical attack damage power innates.

Use either brawling or the rifle for PvE one you learn how to clip and jump cancel your construct combos. For PvP I use martial arts, but use whatever you feel comfortable in arena matches.
---
PSN: orphanjohn UMvC3 teams: Viper/Deadpool/Doom - Spidey/Viper or Deadpool/Doom
DCUO: Orphans Fear/Villain/HL DPS/USPS3
#3Avatan(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2012 10:32:26 AM
ok thanks for the info
---
XBL GT:NATO Virus
#4OnidurumPosted 4/27/2012 11:58:02 AM
orphanjohn posted...
Precision in your gear sockets, so: RED - precision BLUE - precision/health YELLOW - precision/power or precision/restoration ( ONLY if you get hard light shield)

In your weapon skill trees get the critical attack damage and critical attack chance first, then get might.

In the ICONIC power tree make sure to at least get the critical attack chance and critical attack damage power innates.

Use either brawling or the rifle for PvE one you learn how to clip and jump cancel your construct combos. For PvP I use martial arts, but use whatever you feel comfortable in arena matches.

Please heed this info. it makes me sad on the rare chance i get grouped up with a fellow hardlight dps and they don't use the ram>snaptrap>fan>jump cancel combo.I just did a gates run with one who was spamming chompers constantly. I guess since there were groups huddled together constantly he felt it was the optimal attack.......i won't bother to mention his damage out. I'll just say it was atrocious
#5orphanjohnPosted 4/27/2012 3:32:27 PM
Onidurum posted...
orphanjohn posted...

Please heed this info. it makes me sad on the rare chance i get grouped up with a fellow hardlight dps and they don't use the ram>snaptrap>fan>jump cancel combo.I just did a gates run with one who was spamming chompers constantly. I guess since there were groups huddled together constantly he felt it was the optimal attack.......i won't bother to mention his damage out. I'll just say it was atrocious

Chompers? Really? I'm sooo sorry man, that is possibly the worst power we HLers have. The only time that I use it is in PvP, and that is to only get a mass panic possibly going if the opponents are spread out. The only reason it is in my loadout, is that I have room.
---
PSN: orphanjohn UMvC3 teams: Viper/Deadpool/Doom - Spidey/Viper or Deadpool/Doom
#6OnidurumPosted 4/27/2012 7:15:21 PM
orphanjohn posted...
Onidurum posted...
orphanjohn posted...

Chompers? Really? I'm sooo sorry man, that is possibly the worst power we HLers have. The only time that I use it is in PvP, and that is to only get a mass panic possibly going if the opponents are spread out. The only reason it is in my loadout, is that I have room.

LOL i know right? he was SPAMMING it. At one point i said brah, why are you spamming chompers? Your dps is being gimped by doing that. He said he was still trying to figure out HL powers....
#7orphanjohnPosted 4/27/2012 7:37:52 PM
I want to help these newbs out, but some of them seriously makes me just facepalm.
---
#8OnidurumPosted 4/27/2012 7:41:03 PM
Dang man, now i have to go back into prime because i want to get a rifle. Geez. I thought i was set with brawling but i have this thing where i HAVE to have optimal gear/mod setup for damage output. I hate prime but i'm going back in. File a missing persons report if you don't hear from me in like a day or so.
#9fred_ff_maniacPosted 4/27/2012 8:15:30 PM
I get what you mean about chomper.
on a side note, any good pvp loadout? I do crazy doing, scoring most kills (maybe last hits) but I struggle to survive in 2v2 without a healer :(
---
DC Universe Online EUPS3
LegoBuilder cr84 HL troll/dps 101sp
#10orphanjohnPosted 4/27/2012 8:55:15 PM
fred_ff_maniac posted...
I get what you mean about chomper.
on a side note, any good pvp loadout? I do crazy doing, scoring most kills (maybe last hits) but I struggle to survive in 2v2 without a healer :(

I use the same loadout for PvE and PvP. I might spec into chainsaw though and try out some new combo tricks.
---