Tank DPS?

#1darknessryPosted 7/14/2012 8:54:32 AM
Is there anyway I can make a DPS that uses either Ice, Fire or Earth? How is Tech for DPS?
---
PSN: xXDerithXx----------Xbox360: Renegade748596
Wants--- Halo 4 , Fallout 5 , MK10, DS2, and some sense.
#2MZ_SASSYPosted 7/14/2012 9:05:06 AM
darknessry posted...
Is there anyway I can make a DPS that uses either Ice, Fire or Earth? How is Tech for DPS?

Yeah you just have to change or purchase to change your power set from whatever you currently on by using loyalty points or $. If you are a tank (shield emblem next to your name) then just switch your role to DPS by using up on the D pad of the controller and select switch role.

There is DPS for ALL power sets.
#3Hellion_ClairePosted 7/14/2012 9:38:01 AM
If you mean a DPS Tank, you can be a DPS Tank with Ice Powers, which is just DPS Role with tank gear Equipped, it might seem strange to do but with dps mods you can achieve both beifits from stats, you get the high defense from the tank gear and the mods enable your dps output to be around where it would if you had dps gear on, it doesnt work well like this with the other tank powersets which is strangely odd but i believe it is because of Ice's already high defense. With a little practice, a good and familiar loudout and a quick melee weapon (I.E. One-Handed) your DPS Tank will be putting out very high numbers.
---
PSN: XHellionClairEX
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003568010339
#4MZ_SASSYPosted 7/14/2012 9:44:46 AM
Hellion_Claire posted...
If you mean a DPS Tank, you can be a DPS Tank with Ice Powers, which is just DPS Role with tank gear Equipped, it might seem strange to do but with dps mods you can achieve both beifits from stats, you get the high defense from the tank gear and the mods enable your dps output to be around where it would if you had dps gear on, it doesnt work well like this with the other tank powersets which is strangely odd but i believe it is because of Ice's already high defense. With a little practice, a good and familiar loudout and a quick melee weapon (I.E. One-Handed) your DPS Tank will be putting out very high numbers.

Make sure you have DOM mods as well like a DOM/Prec mod or you won't be able to pull aggro in TANK role. It is not best to be hybrid. It can be done but it is highly frowned upon espcially in T4 Raids.

Tanks should have DOM/Health, DOM/MIGHT or DOM/Power as a tank.

You can be in TANK role and use DOM/Precision in your red sockets but then your power outputs would be weaker.

It is your call.
#5Hellion_ClairePosted 7/14/2012 10:18:39 AM(edited)
MZ_SASSY posted...
Hellion_Claire posted...

Make sure you have DOM mods as well like a DOM/Prec mod or you won't be able to pull aggro in TANK role. It is not best to be hybrid. It can be done but it is highly frowned upon espcially in T4 Raids.

Tanks should have DOM/Health, DOM/MIGHT or DOM/Power as a tank.

You can be in TANK role and use DOM/Precision in your red sockets but then your power outputs would be weaker.

It is your call.

Your not playing as a tank, your in the role of Damage with Tank gear, for it's defense boost. It was originally refereed to as DPS in Tank Clothing.

EDIT: Also note this Hybrid of DPS is not tested in the newer instances OF PVP and Raids, testing does need to happen to see if it is workable into the new Raids. As far as PvP and up to Battle for the Earth Alert, Duo's and Last Laugh Duo this hybrid does well, but i havent been able to get into Gates or Prime (not high enough CR) to test it.
---
#6darknessry(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2012 10:18:59 AM
MZ_SASSY posted...
darknessry posted...

Yeah you just have to change or purchase to change your power set from whatever you currently on by using loyalty points or $. If you are a tank (shield emblem next to your name) then just switch your role to DPS by using up on the D pad of the controller and select switch role.

I know this and I have been rolling around as a tank but I want to be a DPS as they are more independent (Tanks usually require healers). I can change powers without using money? I want Ice because of what a previous poster said. Right now I have Earth. If there is a way to make Earth DPS that'd be great. If so can someone post a build? Make it simple please, because I'm a newb at these types of games. ATM I am a T1 tank (CR 42)
---
#7Hellion_ClairePosted 7/14/2012 10:29:47 AM
darknessry posted...
MZ_SASSY posted...
darknessry posted...

I know this and I have been rolling around as a tank but I want to be a DPS as they are more independent (Tanks usually require healers). I can change powers without using money? I want Ice because of what a previous poster said. Right now I have Earth. If there is a way to make Earth DPS that'd be great. If so can someone post a build? Make it simple please, because I'm a newb at these types of games. ATM I am a T1 tank (CR 42)

Unless you pay for Legendary two times and get 1000 loyalty points as a result no you have to buy the respec token, as i stated, it only works well with Ice Powers, i have tried Fire and Earth, it doesnt have the dame damage to protection ratio as Ice so it doesnt work as well with the other sets. Fire dies quicker then Ice but lasts longer then Earth, it's damage is slightly lower then Ice and Earths is a lot lower then Ice. what i recommend for you is to either buy from the broker or get to 53 by modding some Type 3 Plans into your gear and then do the T3 Duo with me or someone that will pass on the stuff to get one piece for each slot you can from the duo that is tradeable and then make an ice character and that way can get right into the T3 Duo and start collecting the Tank gear the same as you collected the dps gear, with someone that will let ya get the stuff so you can be a DPS Tank without having to spend money at all.
---
#8darknessry(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2012 10:36:19 AM
Hellion_Claire posted...
darknessry posted...
MZ_SASSY posted...
darknessry posted...

Unless you pay for Legendary two times and get 1000 loyalty points as a result no you have to buy the respec token, as i stated, it only works well with Ice Powers, i have tried Fire and Earth, it doesnt have the dame damage to protection ratio as Ice so it doesnt work as well with the other sets. Fire dies quicker then Ice but lasts longer then Earth, it's damage is slightly lower then Ice and Earths is a lot lower then Ice. what i recommend for you is to either buy from the broker or get to 53 by modding some Type 3 Plans into your gear and then do the T3 Duo with me or someone that will pass on the stuff to get one piece for each slot you can from the duo that is tradeable and then make an ice character and that way can get right into the T3 Duo and start collecting the Tank gear the same as you collected the dps gear, with someone that will let ya get the stuff so you can be a DPS Tank without having to spend money at all.

I think I may just level up my Ice powered character rather than waiting to change. If you want to help me leech that is fine, but I doubt you want me to. I don't have many exobytes on this character. I don't know if I should respec, but if I do how should I build him?
---
#9Hellion_ClairePosted 7/15/2012 3:17:50 AM
I don't recall asking for a payment.
---
#10darknessry(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2012 9:57:02 AM
Hellion_Claire posted...
I don't recall asking for a payment.

I meant for mods for damage.
---