Help me understand Dominance

#114squarefighterPosted 9/23/2012 5:52:22 PM
stevelabny posted...
Currently Dominance does only two things

1> you need a minimum dominance for each PvE raid to have crowd control effects work. Tanks and Controllers need to meet this minimum dominance which is listed for each raid on your ON DUTY screen.

2> It helps the powers that grant you some sort of personal shielding. I'm not sure of the exact math per move. Butt most of them are 100% Resto + 100% Dom or 50% + 100% or 100% + 50%.

THAT'S IT.

Dominance used to determine how long enemies stayed stunned in PvE missions. Every point of dominance would be 2 more points of damage the enemy would take before it could break out. But that was removed in one of the last updates.

Dominance has NEVER had any effect on aggro contrary to rumors that continue to persist.

Basically, unless you're a(n ice) tank with a ton of shields, or possibly a PvP player who uses a lot of shields... its pretty useless.

Correction, dominance is a big deal for tanks.
---
PSN:syluxrules
DCUO: HardLight Assasin-Hero USPS3 Controller and proud of it
#12stevelabnyPosted 9/23/2012 11:31:20 PM
Would you care to elaborate? i don't have a tank of every type at high levels but I do have a friend who switched from fire to ice.

I know the fire tank guide says " you also get an additional 2.2 points of health for every 1 point of dom" but I'm not sure if that's for fire (because they dont have the shields of ice) or all tanks. It also says 4 dom = 1% increase in base heals. Which is obviously great but better for fire tanks than other tanks.

I also know that by wearing tank gear, you're well above the dominance required, and all these conversations only apply to mods and skill point allocations. Even in the above example, 100 points of dom = 220 points of health. Which while useful, still might not be as good as putting mods/skills in other places. (Example 3 t4 mods = 90 dom or 198 health 22.5% bump to heals when using powers but restoration or health mods would do pretty much the same thing but without using your powers) In a raid, sure, the tank is probably ALWAYS using his powers but outside of raids that might not be true.

If I've missed something else please feel free to say what...instead of just saying "you're wrong"

Like, does dominance still effect tank stuns even though it doesn't effect controller stuns (once above the minimum)?

But since OP is a controller. Its only effecting his shields once he's over the minimum.
#13calvin_0Posted 9/24/2012 2:05:58 AM
stevelabny posted...
Would you care to elaborate? i don't have a tank of every type at high levels but I do have a friend who switched from fire to ice.

dominance for fire tank: 1 dom = 2.2 health and self heal move using 50% dom for healing.

dominance for ice tank: power that provide auto shielding will absorb damage equal to 100% of dom + 30% of rest

dominance for earth tank: 1 dom = 1 defense.
---
You cant compare RE5 to Dead Space, its like comparing a broken SDTV to brand new HDTV.
Supended on Gamefaqs:- 2; Other Forum:- 0
#144squarefighterPosted 9/24/2012 4:39:27 AM
what calvin said
---
#15express215Posted 9/24/2012 9:58:40 AM
@4squarefighter , two days ago you said dom didn't help fire tank self healing ? It always has since update 15 or 16 , but us fire tanks knew that already. Lol just bustin your balls nothing personal!
---
MISTER GEEZ/fire tank / 125sp
#164squarefighterPosted 9/25/2012 5:08:10 AM
and you're a jackass. nothing personal
---
#17express215Posted 9/25/2012 12:39:31 PM
Sometimes I am . What u gonna do .
---
MISTER GEEZ/fire tank / 125sp
#18EskimoBrotherPosted 9/25/2012 1:31:50 PM