DCUO on PS4

#21Hellion_ClairePosted 6/11/2013 12:09:21 PM
4squarefighter posted...
About the only thing that could've gotten me to actually ENJOY the motion controls for the Wii, would've been if they released a new Star Fox game, but they decided to (for the first time) skip a console for Star Fox. Like, WTH. Star Fox is up there with Metroid for my favorite game franchises of all time, but they seriously dropped the ball with not making one for the Wii, and I don't believe they're even making one for the Wii U yet.

The Wii controls are so broken, you dont have to actually do as they show you lol, you can lay down and do better then i you stand. I also was dumbfounded by the lack of Star Fox for Wii and still no sign of it on Wii U. It's like saying "Hey, you want Star Fox..play Super Smash Bros. Brawl, thats good enough right? yea i know it is, we will wait a few years and few consoles before we give you what you actually want."
---
PSN: XHellionClairEX
UN-Legendary Mechromancer
#22Juan_BumpezPosted 6/11/2013 12:50:27 PM
Most recent news seems to indicate that PS+ will be needed for online even on PS3 and Vita in the future thus only PC will be fully F2P I guess in the future not what I said earlier.
---
He makes the Coffee, I bump the topics! -Juan Bumpez
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/6272/jbsy.png
#23VINCESCREWEDWWFPosted 6/11/2013 1:04:17 PM
yah anyone starting to think capcom isn't so bad after all? sure they are greedy but not on the same level as sony nintendo and microsoft. seriously i think we need a boycott to get these greedy scum to back the hell off. i'm tired of xbox one online only console, nintendo pointless greed and stupidity, and sony ps plus sh**. nintendo needs to learn morals as well as microsoft, microsoft needs to stop being so lousy at making consoles and sony? (sigh) what the hell are they thinking they have more customers due to their free online and slightly higher function rate of their consoles. so why f*** it up with required ps plus? i mean what's the point of the plus if it's not a slight upgrade anymore. hell the sole reason i won't buy the xbox one is because xbox live costs money. get the hint sony GET....THE......HINT!
---
---I WAS FROZEN TODAY!---
#24Juan_BumpezPosted 6/11/2013 1:12:59 PM
Personally I think xbox 360 with live has better online servers so I won't mind we all paying so PS4 can have such, bandwidth costs...and without taht extra juice PS online was not as smooth as 360 but I'm more worried about everyone like y'all who got used to FREE and would rather jump ship than all of a sudden be forced to pay. I started with Nintendo and loved em also up to gamecube, now I have a will but it just collects dust, I wish Metroid and such were on real consoles :P
---
He makes the Coffee, I bump the topics! -Juan Bumpez
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/6272/jbsy.png
#25VINCESCREWEDWWFPosted 6/11/2013 1:31:09 PM
i agrre that nintendo has good consoles and free online (to an extent lol) but after what did to lp's i hate them if it wasn't for that i'd be fine with them. honestly i'm not as po'd at sony as i am at microsoft. at least sony doesn't make discs unplayable without online. so while i'll miss dcuo i'll just stick to single player i guess. but i still gotta ask. is sony going brain dead like i said before free online was why sony is better than microsoft. well that and better consoles. hell in my opinion the one thing microsoft has over sony is minecraft. so let's tally the troubles.
nintendo-wii u,and a selfish act well a few.
microsoft-paytoplay,xboxlive being overpriced since it's required for playing game at all starting with xbox one,and the red ring of death.
sony-slightly lesser online functionality and the online play making you pay.
---
#264squarefighterPosted 6/11/2013 7:18:48 PM
I think you're kinda overreacting with the lp thing. It can't go anywhere legally, so.......what's the problem?
---
PSN:syluxrules HardLight Assasin-Hero USPS3
DPS: Any; Troll: Any except T5 raids; Tank: Any except T5 raids; Healer: Any except T5
#27teffyPosted 6/11/2013 10:20:21 PM
VINCESCREWEDWWF posted...
i agrre that nintendo has good consoles and free online (to an extent lol) but after what did to lp's i hate them if it wasn't for that i'd be fine with them. honestly i'm not as po'd at sony as i am at microsoft. at least sony doesn't make discs unplayable without online. so while i'll miss dcuo i'll just stick to single player i guess. but i still gotta ask. is sony going brain dead like i said before free online was why sony is better than microsoft. well that and better consoles. hell in my opinion the one thing microsoft has over sony is minecraft. so let's tally the troubles.
nintendo-wii u,and a selfish act well a few.
microsoft-paytoplay,xboxlive being overpriced since it's required for playing game at all starting with xbox one,and the red ring of death.
sony-slightly lesser online functionality and the online play making you pay.

Uh, Nintendo didn't do anything to Let's Plays besides claim copyright so ad revenue from them goes to Nintendo. On top of that it was ONLY on new releases, NOT Retro LP's. I fail to see how Nintendo asserting the rights that they hold on content belonging to them makes them a villain.
---
But... you didn't even any sense. At all. - gandob
#28VINCESCREWEDWWFPosted 6/12/2013 12:09:30 AM
i would be ok with it if it wasn't so pointless. the point is they never lost revenue from lps. if anything it got more people to buy the game being lpd. i mean it's good that it's only new releases but at least admit it was a pathetically greedy thing to do cut off revenue for youtubers so that even though say i uploaded a very edited and very well constructed lp. shouldn't i be intiteld to at least a small margin of the profit. after all if i put in all that effort then they in turn are actually stealling all the maybe 2-5 bucks per let's play if that. plus technically lps make money from adds not the footage itself also lps don't actually profit from the game itself. no more then a trailer or a demo it's only a sample. so in all honesty they are technically not truly right in claiming copyright but even if nintendo tried to sue a guy for a drawing of mario they'd win because they have the money and probably a biased jury. so while they were somewhat right in doing that. it's still pathetic.
---
#29teffyPosted 6/12/2013 2:41:01 AM
VINCESCREWEDWWF posted...
i would be ok with it if it wasn't so pointless. the point is they never lost revenue from lps. if anything it got more people to buy the game being lpd. i mean it's good that it's only new releases but at least admit it was a pathetically greedy thing to do cut off revenue for youtubers so that even though say i uploaded a very edited and very well constructed lp. shouldn't i be intiteld to at least a small margin of the profit. after all if i put in all that effort then they in turn are actually stealling all the maybe 2-5 bucks per let's play if that. plus technically lps make money from adds not the footage itself also lps don't actually profit from the game itself. no more then a trailer or a demo it's only a sample. so in all honesty they are technically not truly right in claiming copyright but even if nintendo tried to sue a guy for a drawing of mario they'd win because they have the money and probably a biased jury. so while they were somewhat right in doing that. it's still pathetic.

So you're claiming that even though LPs don't make money for the LP'er, they DO make a small amount of money for the LP'er, and that Nintendo isn't entitled to the revenue they are generating (even though they aren't generating revenue), despite holding the copyright to the game footage?

Basically here's the situation this equates to: I post a song from a CD that just came out, but because I took the time to type out the lyrics on the video, I'm entitled to the money that video generates from advertisements, NOT the group that holds the rights to that song.

Yup, totally legit.
---
But... you didn't even any sense. At all. - gandob
#30krullPosted 6/12/2013 4:45:16 AM
More news, PS+ NOT required for DCUO!!!

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/06/12/e3-2013-sonys-shuhei-yoshida-shares-relevant-details-on-playstation-plus-requirement-for-multiplayer-on-ps4/

Finally, he was asked if players will need a PS Plus subscription to play MMORPGs like Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn and The Elder Scrolls Online:

You will need it to enjoy online multiplayer.
This will also depend on the judgement by the publishers, and there will be some free to play titles that you’ll be able to play without needing a PS Plus subscription, like PlanetSide 2 and DC Universe Online.

---
Think not that we are beaten. Think not we are restrained. We stand, unflinching witness, defiant now, Unchained.
~To Strive To Seek To Find And Not To Yield~