assault and battery

#1joe-deli-jrPosted 1/25/2014 9:08:50 AM
So I'm about to give this operation a try. Anything I should know? The only full raid I've seen is the villain side. I'm on the hero side

Also, I'm probably gonna shout "101 dps 4 battery, never ran before" I want the people to know they're probably gonna have to explain the raid to me as we go. I'm more then capable of putting up the damage but I need to know the mechanics. I just have a feeling I'll never get into the raid if I shout this. I just hate being the weak link
---
My keyboard skips letters and im tired of going back to correct the errors
#24squarefighterPosted 1/25/2014 9:19:57 AM
I doubt you'd ever be picked up shouting that.

Things to know:

First boss fight, kill Bleez before Atrocitus or else he'll just get back up.

After Atrocitus, just ask, "Which way you guys want me to go?" or something like that. The raid splits into a Ranx assault group and a Metropolis ground group. Tank should go ground.

After that is the gosh darn maze. 6 people go into the maze, while a dps and healer stay out in the switch room. The healer works the maze switches while the DPS kills the adds that try to destroy the cannisters nearby. The 6 in the maze need to make sure they keep moving along if needed and don't get split up.

Last room, don't burn Sinestro at all, and wait out the big Tubes. Every 45 seconds or so, a pair of tubes will become targetable, and you need to destroy them. If you fail to destroy any of them, a one-shot laser goes out that'll wipe most if not all of the raid.

After all 8 tubes are destroyed, start burning Sinestro. When he gets to about 80%, he'll bring in Hank and Manhunters. The Manhunters cannot be killed, but they NEED to be constantly stunned by the trolls or else they'll empower Sinestro with a one-shot. Kill Hank first, because Sinestro actually isn't that much of a threat, but Hank is the one that causes the wipes.
---
HardLight Assasin-Hero USPS
CR102 170SP 1722 Precision, finally hit that 170 mark
#3joe-deli-jr(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2014 11:16:14 AM
Ok, thanks. I was hearing all this talk about the maze and switches. Ill just stay in the 6 man group for that part and follow the leader
---
#4joe-deli-jr(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2014 2:25:59 PM
First attempt? Not so good. didnt make it past atrocitus. The group wanted to go with a solo healer. And he couldnt do it. so they had to get rid of a dps (me since i was last to join)

Good news is i lead in damage up to that point 320k to 210k and had the most pickups. Atro seems pretty easy to dodge, long tell right before he does it. But the tank wiped and the team followed both times
---
#54squarefighterPosted 1/25/2014 2:40:01 PM
Ugh, people are so STUCK in the solo healer mentality, that they're stupid enough to try to do it in AssBat. The raid needs two healers, and if your 3 DPS's can't put out enough burn, then there's something wrong, the answer isn't just to get another DPS. smh
---
CR102 170SP 1754 Precision, finally hit that 170 mark
#6justinraPosted 1/25/2014 3:22:09 PM(edited)
lol @ trying to solo heal A&B. It freaking has a that splits up the raid. What a dumb group. It was probably for the best that you left it.
---
It's funnier to read dumb users' posts than to ignore them.
http://www.last.fm/user/justinra
#7Retyu3Posted 1/25/2014 3:52:06 PM
Just some thoughts from my personal experience, without arguing or questioning anybody.

The raid doesn't necessarily need two healers. Most of the deaths are because of one-shots which cannot be healed anyway.

The group doesn't necessarily has to split up. Finish Ranx, leave somebody there (he can have a smoke-break), finish Metro, and meet again in Ranx. If nobody is left there Ranx has to be done again.

At the maze we always left a troller and a dps at the control centre (especially because we had one healer). Usually we had 3 trolls.

I've finished the raid several times this way, the best run was 54 minutes so far. With pug groups.
Hth
#84squarefighterPosted 1/25/2014 4:06:51 PM
If you have 3 trolls, there's no reason for a solo heal.
---
#9Retyu3Posted 1/25/2014 4:47:38 PM
4squarefighter posted...
If you have 3 trolls, there's no reason for a solo heal.

You' re suggesting then 3 trolls plus 2 healers? Which leaves place for 2 dps-s, unless you run a 9-man raid.
I'm confused...
#104squarefighterPosted 1/25/2014 4:50:08 PM
What I meant was that if you're dropping a second healer to get a 3rd troll, you might as well just grab a second healer instead. There's no reason to have 3 trolls.
---