"Place of Power"...

#1ziegdPosted 5/24/2011 3:12:04 PM

...and performing the "Ritual of Magic"...what exactly does that do for me?

And along with that, I've noticed that sometimes, when I'm fist-fighting for money at the Inn (Chapter 1), I'm sometimes encased in a shimmering blue cylinder of some sort. What's that all about?

#2admoPosted 5/25/2011 4:14:41 AM
Heh, I think I am at the same spot you are. As for the shimmering light, I'm not sure, but I think it is either when you are at full health, or you may have leveled up and you need to meditate.
---
[P]lease remember, science rhymes with compliance. Do you know what doesn't rhyme with compliance?
Neurotoxin. - GLaDOS
#3DigterPosted 5/25/2011 12:11:21 PM

It boosts your signs by xx % - you get skills which can give health as well if I remember correctly

#4dmljrPosted 5/25/2011 1:03:42 PM
The shimmering light is Shani healing you. If you go by her when you are not at full health, she will eventually stand up and heal you. Your close enough while fist fighting for it to trigger.
---
psn id: dmljr xbox360 id : Sword of Dawn Wii: 0186 9165 8762 2178
#5ziegd(Topic Creator)Posted 5/27/2011 8:21:13 AM

dmljr posted...
The shimmering light is Shani healing you. If you go by her when you are not at full health, she will eventually stand up and heal you. Your close enough while fist fighting for it to trigger.
---
psn id: dmljr xbox360 id : Sword of Dawn Wii: 0186 9165 8762 2178

Oh, cool. Thanks for that. I finally figured out the Place of Power thing...never noticed the light blue emblem on my medallion before.

So I just finished Chapter 1, and I'm at level 10...am I "ahead" or "behind" (if you know what I mean...like, on average). Just how many levels are there? Am I going to get enough talents? (Like, how careful do I have to be with deciding where to put them?)

#6DigterPosted 5/31/2011 1:36:39 AM

Hard to say if you are ahead or not. I suggest you check here, lots of good info http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/XP- I havent checked if you can actually max everything but it gives you the overview.

#7ziegd(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2011 10:47:07 AM

Thanks for the link...I'll check it out for future questions.

But just in case, I'm ready to try to "reforge" my blades...got 3 red meteorite and 3 blue meteoriate, plus 2 rune stones for the silver blade. So how do I do it? I go to the blacksmith, and click on the little hammer icon, and all that comes up is a screen that allows me to buy and sell my stuff. I'm not seeing how I get him to combine the stuff with my blades.

#8ziegd(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2011 12:05:56 PM

Nevermind my last post...found everything I needed in the wiki...thanks again for the link.