Want Auto-Haste / Sprint Shoes? I'll tell you how.

#1MorticaePosted 3/11/2010 7:15:42 PM
I figured I'd make a new thread for this. If you are at Gran Pulse/Chapter 11, you will likely be interested in this.

Sprint Shoes start your character off with haste at the beginning of the battle. I have each of my characters equipped with them. Life seems so slow without Haste...

There are THREE (Yes, 3) ways to get it! I will explain each one as best I can, and answer any additional questions. There are likely more than 3, but I can't comment on any others.

METHOD 1:
Details: Consists of beating Mission 34. Assumes you have Chocobo (mission 14), if not, see: http://twobrothersandasister.com/?p=6455
1. Ride Chocobo to here: http://i40.tinypic.com/106ge9j.jpg
2. Activate Stone & kill mission mark in same area.
3. Upgrade your newly acquired Hermes Sandals to Hermes Sandals* -- requires 600 EXP
4. Upgrade Heremes Sandals* to Spring Shoes via PEROVSKITE Catalyst
Notes: Perovskite may be bought at "The Motherlode" shop for 30,000 gil each

METHOD 2:
1. Obtain Tetradic Crown
2. Upgrade Tetradic Crown to Tetradic Crown* -- Requires 1,000 EXP
3. Dismantle any 3 accessories
4. Dismantle Tetradic Crown* to receive SPRINT SHOES
Notes: Try to dismantle accessories you don't want anymore. You may buy them to dismantle if you wish. The Tetradic Crown can be obtained via Chocobo treasure hunting, or as a common enemy drop from Mission 7, see here: http://twobrothersandasister.com/?p=6455

METHOD 3:
1. Obtain Tetradic Tiara
2. Upgrade Tetradic Tiara to Tetradic Tiara*
3. Dismantle any 3 accessories (Note: It may possibly be 4.. but try 3)
4. Dismantle Tetradic Tiara* to receive SPRINT SHOES
Notes: Try to dismantle accessories you don't want anymore. You may buy them to dismantle if you wish. The Tetradic Tiara can be obtained via Chocobo treasure hunting, or as a less common enemy drop from Mission 7, see here: http://twobrothersandasister.com/?p=6455

When dismantling your accessories then starred item, always do the accessories first, then the item. Do not dismantle your accessories, close out of it, reenter, and then dismantle your item. Do it all in the same screen, in that order.

The easiest way to obtain Tetradic Crown/Tiara is probably Chocobo treasure hunting. After digging a certain number of times, you will automatically get it. Below is the chart:
a. Gold Nugget ( 1x )
b. Tetradic Crown ( 5x )
c. Tetradic Tiara ( 10x )
d. Entite Ring ( 15x )
e. Ribbon ( 20x )

So between Mission 34, Chocobo treasure hunting, Mission 7, or finding it elsewhere, you should come across the necessary components to get sprint shoes fairly easily.

Hopefully this helps fellow fans of Haste!
#2Morticae(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2010 7:20:13 PM
Since I can't edit, I was thinking back on it and if you use the CROWN and break it down, it might only give you the Sandals which you still have to upgrade to get Sprint Shoes, as done in Method 1.
#3DahlVaughnniPosted 3/11/2010 7:50:47 PM
Isn't that kinda overkill for an already easy game? I can't justify dropping my 140str / 140mag accessories for that when I can just use Sazh.
#4Morticae(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2010 7:54:06 PM
Have you 5-starred all the missions? =P
#5G1243Posted 3/11/2010 8:21:41 PM
Found this topic through a search for exactly this. Thank you very much for posting such a detailed instructional.
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#6VeliconisPosted 3/11/2010 8:21:58 PM
^ What's that got to do with it? >_>

Beat the game, unlock Crystarium level 10, max it out, do the missions and bam, there you have it.
#7Morticae(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2010 8:30:26 PM
I'd rather not debate the validity in using haste in this topic. If you don't think it has a purpose, then don't do this. If you feel it could be useful, then do it... this is hardly difficult & extensive to do, its all quite simple and requires very little work for a great item. There's nothing 'overkill' about that. -_-
#8G1243Posted 3/11/2010 9:11:09 PM
I tried method #2, since I already have the Tetradic Crown. I boosted it to a star, and then dismantled 3 rune bracelets, and then the Tetradic Crown Star, but I still get junk and Hermes Sandals.

I didn't exit out the dismantle menu either.
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#9Morticae(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2010 9:22:16 PM
Yeah, sorry about that. If you read Post 2 I mentioned that I thought I had typed it up incorrectly, but couldn't edit it.

You need to take the Hermes Sandals and follow Method 1 starting at Step 3. Only the Tiara goes straight to Sprint I guess.
#10MPSOKAPosted 3/11/2010 9:26:59 PM
you have to upgrade the Hermes sandels... he said that

anyways, is there another upgrade to speed shoes ? what does it do if there is?