Adamantoise vs. Adamantortoise

#1JRipper18Posted 4/8/2010 6:59:15 AM
I just dropped my first Adamantoise last night. Didn't use death BTW.

But i'm now trying to figure out the difference between the 3 turtles. Adamanchelid are easy to spot, they are tiny in comparison. But what is the difference between an Adamantoise and an Adamantortoise? Both apperance wise and difficulty wise.

I didn't get the achievement for dropping a big wild animal or whatever so I'm assuming Adamantortoise's are tougher. But I walked in to the Adamantoise it had crap all over it's shell. All kind of chains and marks and giant tusks? How will I spot an Adamantortoise?
---
I have been modded for the following variations of Cool Story Bro:
cool story bro / c.story, brah / c.s. bro / csb
#2MightyDeathGodPosted 4/8/2010 7:05:31 AM
Just be like me and kill anything that moves
#3Robo-KyPosted 4/8/2010 7:06:54 AM
The achievement is actually for killing a Long Gui, an upgraded Adamantoise that appears after completeing the circle of c'eith stone missions in Archylte Steppe.

The physical differences I don't remember much besides that Tortoises are brown in color like Chelids, while Toises are almost grey. Tortoises also have tusks.

For actual difficulty, Toises are tougher than Tortoises. Tortoises have less health than their grey breatheren and lower stagger as well as doing less damage. They have the same drops but Tortoise isn't worth quite as much CP.

I swear i remembered more about their appearance but maybe someone else can tell us because I totally lost it.
#4SmegbotPosted 4/8/2010 7:07:53 AM
AFAIK there are only two adamantortoises and they guard that section of the steppe with 3 adamanchelids.
---
"Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas"
GT: Pelvo del Fuego
#5c-d4wgPosted 4/8/2010 7:09:43 AM
Tortoises have a chipped tusk
#6c-d4wgPosted 4/8/2010 7:10:02 AM
Tortoises have a chipped tusk and never roam around.
#7Brother EinPosted 4/8/2010 7:11:41 AM
Also, the differences I can see is that the Adamantoise has like, black leather-looking bands around its legs and silver looking tusks, and the Long Gui has metal-looking bands with holes in them around it legs and brown looking tusks.

---
Signified
#8o0XLR80oPosted 4/8/2010 7:32:12 AM
Long Gui > Shaolong Gui > Adamantoise > Adamantortoise > Adamacheid in that order of difficulty imo.
Notable difference between an Adamantoise and Adamantortoise I find r when fighting them. The Adamantortoise has lower stagger point/thresholds, 150% on teh tegs compared to 300% for teh Adamantoise. Pretty sure they have the same hp tho I think.
#9EverZealousPosted 4/8/2010 9:34:43 AM
Tortoise has 1.6 million LESS hp compared to the toise. It has lower strength (so stomps are weaker) but higher magic (so quake is stronger)

Tortoise's legs have a lower stagger, and some people say this makes them harder. I disagree, as the lower stagger point means you can stagger them faster and get them to 999% faster.

Their drops and drop rates are identical. I don't know if the tortoise is also weak to death, I never death spammed tortoises.

In my opinion tortoises are all around easier.
---
I've been confused with the following people: Zelos71, OverZealous
I put this in my signature with the hopes it does not happen again.