1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII
  3. What are scarletites used for?
3 years ago#1
As well as the other low components.
---
gt: tomashart234 all lower case
3 years ago#2
Scarletites are catalysts which can evolve some weapons and accessories to the next level (or better known as Tier).

Others that you probably have (like Millerite) are also catalysts which you can use in the upgrade menu to evolve your weapons/accessories to the next Tier.

Also as a FYI: You can only transform your weapons/accessories when the item is maxed out (it will have a * next to it).
---
"If an enemy Krogan gets close to you, they'll charge. You don't want that." ME 2 loading screen -- Currently Playing: ME2, DA2, Gears 3, and FFXIII
3 years ago#3
Ok gotcha. Just that I dont know if I should keep them or not. All my weapons and accessories dont require them to be upgraded. And thx for the info.
---
3 years ago#4
No problem.

Also I had forgotten about this but...

I might be wrong about this (there might be better ways to do this) but when you get to late Chapter 12 - beginning of Chapter 13 you will fight monsters known as Sacrifices that drop Scarletites and they sell for a decent amount of Gil so that might be a viable method of Gil Farming until you're ready for the bigger game.
---
"If an enemy Krogan gets close to you, they'll charge. You don't want that." ME 2 loading screen -- Currently Playing: ME2, DA2, Gears 3, and FFXIII
3 years ago#5
I already beat the game but I have another save right before the end game.
---
3 years ago#6
If you've already beaten the game, you can still return to The Tesseracts at any point, and the Save Station in Orphan's Cradle (with four Sacrifices on your left, and three on the right) is one of the best places to farm Scarletite and Perfumes in the game. Especially since you can Preemptive Strike the group of three easily, and then just walk away from them a few dozen paces, and come back to see they've respawned.

As for ~what~ Scarletite is best used for, ~several~ Tier 1 weapons require this catalyst for upgrading to Tier 2 (including the Mistilteinn, which, if you want to triple your Trapezohedrons, you'll want to upgrade this to the "Nirvana" and then after reaching "*", dismantle it).

I think there are only two accessories that use it (Platinum Bangle -> Diamond Bangle, and Tetradic Crown -> Tetradic Tiara), so you'll be best served in selling them to the NPC after upgrading all required weapons to Tier 2, along with the Perfumes you can farm.

Hope that helps.
3 years ago#7
You lose the ability to respawn that group of Sacrifices easily after you proceed past the beginning of chapter 13. It hurts your farming time so badly that Sacrifices are no longer comparable to Adamantoises for gil. No need to fight them once you get the Scarletite you need for treasure hunter.

This spot isn't good enough to be worth reloading your old save though. It won't save you that much time.

I don't recommend the dismantle ultimate weapons trick for traps either. It sounds like a great idea since traps are expensive but buying them is never a good option. Adamantoises drop them. Any traps you get while Adamantoise farming are essentially free since you are getting them in addition to the gil that you need. If you don't get enough while gil farming, farming Long Guis or dismantling maxed Genji Gloves (at the very end of the game of course) are still faster options than farming 1.5 million gil to max out a weapon.
---
CWLSIV
3 years ago#8
dismantling a maxed t3 weapon for trapz is crazy talk. in my playthrough, once i upgraded one or 2 of my weaps, the trapz drops like flies. it might be an exageration, but i had more trapz than PIs when i was doing a toise run in eden hall... just saying.
---
i don't always play video games, but when i do, i play all night!
3 years ago#9
I've yet to see a single Trap drop for me... but given that I've only taken down twenty or so Adamantoises, I suppose it's way too early to be dismantling my third Genji Glove, and doing the Nirvana method.

I'm taking down these turtles without summons now, killing him shortly after his first time standing back up... maybe if I upgrade my Power Gloves, and Weirding Glyphs, I'll be able to inflict enough damage to destroy them before they can stand. I really don't feel like having to use the Summon/Death trick, since it takes just as long as doing it normally.
3 years ago#10
maybe another trick is to take out the connoisseur catalog. it never really helped me. i was actually getting more trapz without it. stick with the collectors instead. at least your chances for a PI will look better while slaving away grinding to trapz.
---
i don't always play video games, but when i do, i play all night!
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII
  3. What are scarletites used for?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived