Confessions or help for the helper

#1wheresatariPosted 4/3/2012 4:07:03 PM
Hello everybody, it's confession time! Everybody here knows me by now, and that I'm semi-knowledgeable/good at this game (/brag), but what you may not know that I've never gotten (or cared to get) all the chievos/TH. I feel like a hypocrite giving all this help never having done it myself:P So this will be my official topic for doing so. I've played through completely twice, and didn't even do any missions until going back after finishing CH.11 last time. I've also dabbled with a random CH.11 save before. I was browsing through my saves, and found an odd one I don't remember, so I'll be using it. Here's my setup. Oh yeah, you all must know by now that I've never used Sazh (except when forced). I always used Light/Fang/Vanille and never had any issues without haste. It's a luxury I only had for boss fights by way of shrouds.

I'm just past Bart 2 by the ship to Ch.12.

Missions:

I have 1-29, 32, 53 and 55-58 done, with 23 of those 5 starred.

Gil:

Paradigms:

Comx3
Ravx3
Rav/Com/Rav
Rav/Com/Sab (starting)
Rav/Com/Med
Med/Sen/Med

Light

Razor Carbine lvl16
GE
SS
ES (for R:IC you all know how I love this, and it seems to work a lot for me)

Fang

Calamity Spear lvl16
SS
SS
SP SH

Vanille

Malboro Wand lvl16
SS
SS
SP SH

Sazh

Rigels lvl1
none

Snow

Feymark lvl1
none

Hope

Hawkeye lvl1
none

Here are the spells I shouldn't have:

Light

Provoke
Bravery
Faith
Enfire
Enthunder

Fang

Fire
Thunder
Water
Blizzard
Bravery(Bravera?)
Veil
Cure

Vanille

Attack
Ruin
Vigilance
Veil

Sazh

Deprotect
Deshell
Cure
Esuna

Snow

Vigilance
Protect
Shell
Cure

Hope

Ruin
Deprotega
Deshellga
Dispel

Everybody has all primaries at max but 1, but is on the way. I'll get that in CH.12 fast with the GE. I have 50,000 to 85,000CP with everybody. I'd like to get started before post-game if possible, due to my lack of patience:P

What's my next move?
---
No man cometh unto the FATHER, but through me.
-The LORD JESUS CHRIST. John 14 verse 6.
#2TBD2009Posted 4/3/2012 4:31:48 PM
I'm not entirely sure what you're asking... and I have absolutely no clue what some of your abbreviations were supposed to mean (like SS, SS, SP SH)... so that's confusing.

Are you trying to just finish up achievements, to get your 1000GS? Or are you saying you never actually finished FFXIII (I doubt that's the case, but just making sure)?

I'd probably say start work on maxing out your primary roles in the Crystarium, and maybe hit the Adamantoise in Mission 63 when you feel comfortable with them, and get that Genji Glove as soon as you're able. That way, you can start farming Adamantoise quickly, and build up your gear. If you can't handle the Adamantoise just yet, there's a nice spawn of a Behemoth and Gorgonopsid near the entry to Mah'habara. Since you have the Growth Egg, equip it, and start farming. I was maxing out my CP every hour and change.
#3destrian522Posted 4/3/2012 4:37:11 PM
Your first move is to write out the full names of your accessories when you post them. I'm trying to decipher between Speed Sash and Sprint Shoes.

Second, make a Syn paradigm for Lightning (Fang and Vanille don't really have what it takes to be worthwhile in Syn yet since Bravera lasts five seconds). Enspells will be crazy powerful when you run up against a weakness (especially since you can make them with Imperil) and Brave/Faith are always good. Stay focused on Syn for Light and Fang, and Com for Vanille once primaries are done. You might want to jump to Sen for Light once you finish the Enspells.

Why no Sab for Fang? Sab/Sab makes it easier for Vanille to land her debuffs and Fang has Slow.

Get to chapter 13 and then run back to Pulse if you want some nice challenges. Otherwise, don't leave the starting area until you have 12 Scarletites. Do you know the trick to respawn the Sacrifices?
---
CWLSIV
#4destrian522Posted 4/3/2012 4:39:57 PM(edited)
Also, get up to Daze for Snow. Then focus on Med for Curasa. Then focus on Syn for Haste. Snow is important in postgame for Adamantoises (among other things). You'll want these secondary abilities relatively early.

Not until maxing primaries (at Stage 9), though.
---
CWLSIV
#5destrian522Posted 4/3/2012 4:48:55 PM
Wait, I think SP SH is Sprint Shoes. Do you only have two? I know you like R:IC but you wouldn't pick it over Auto-Haste, right?
---
CWLSIV
#6wheresatari(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2012 5:01:24 PM
I'm not entirely sure what you're asking... and I have absolutely no clue what some of your abbreviations were supposed to mean (like SS, SS, SP SH)... so that's confusing.

Are you trying to just finish up achievements, to get your 1000GS? Or are you saying you never actually finished FFXIII (I doubt that's the case, but just making sure)?

SS-speed sash, Sp Sh-sprint shoes, ES-energy sash.

I'm gonna 1000/1000 yes. I.m actually in Ch.11 just past Bart 2. I haven't beaten the game on this file.

Do you know the trick to respawn the Sacrifices?

No.

Not until maxing primaries (at Stage 9), though.
Wait, I think SP SH is Sprint Shoes. Do you only have two? I know you like R:IC but you wouldn't pick it over Auto-Haste, right?

This file was from who knows when:P I didn't know what I know now then. It's just a random one I'm using b/c there is A LOT done on it. I didn't really check my items thoroughly so Idk if I have any more tetradic stuff, but I did notice I have a few things Arthellinus' guide says I need (like 2 Gaian Rings etc, just not maxed), so I'm already ahead of the game.

As for primaries, I only need about a little more than half for Light's Com, Fang's Sen and Vanille's...something then they'll be maxed at stage 9. I figure I can get that by halfway through Ch.12, so I can get well into getting the other secondaries by Ch.13. I doubt I'll get them all by end game though. Then I'll have no CP for stage 10, but I'll be able to go straight to farming without delay (I hope). What say you?
---
#7wheresatari(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2012 5:10:51 PM(edited)
Also, I can change characters if it's necessary, but it sucks b/c I have my three at tier two already. I've done it before, so I'll have no issues beating it with them (and quickly too), but i guess it's no biggie. I have over a million Gil too, so I can quickly beef up another (though I'd rather save it to save time later). Give me your honest opinion.

Edit: I can post my items and components too, but that will take forever:P I know I got more than a few catalysys from missions. I also have like 11 particle accellerators and like 3 or 4 ultracompact reactors.
---
#8destrian522Posted 4/3/2012 5:11:52 PM(edited)
I'd do missions before farming myself, and you should probably plan it so that you have about a million CP to spend after beating Orphan. It will be easier than you think, especially if you do more missions in chapter 13.

It's easier to show you how to respawn the Sacrifices:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-aZ3oG0aVA

Mission 34 gets you Hermes Sandals if you need a third pair of Sprint Shoes.

I think you'll be fine with this party.
---
CWLSIV
#9wheresatari(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2012 5:12:24 PM(edited)
Ha, Ninja'd. I edited the post right before yours. May want to check it out if you didn't already. I couldn't find the other 30's, that's why they're not done.
---
#10destrian522Posted 4/3/2012 5:15:42 PM(edited)
I definitely don't need to see your items and components.

Do you remember where you fought Neochu? Mission 34 is up there. You'll have to beat Mission 30 first though. It is also up there (the stone, at least). That's an interesting one.
---
CWLSIV