Oh my god, I've killed about 50 Adamantortoises and got 2 Traps.

#1WitchHuntingPosted 4/16/2012 10:38:44 PM
My god. About 15 Plats and two Traps.

Aye yai yai
#2wheresatariPosted 4/16/2012 10:45:32 PM
Well, you're farming for Gil really, and you'll be farming for a while. They'll come. Remember, once you're done with absolutely everything, you can * and dismantle your Genji Gloves for 1 each.
---
No man cometh unto the FATHER, but through me.
-The LORD JESUS CHRIST. John 14 verse 6.
#3destrian522Posted 4/16/2012 10:56:11 PM
These results are quite reasonable, actually. If you really killed 50, your Ingot count is a little low. It's good progress, though.
---
CWLSIV
#4WitchHunting(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2012 10:57:48 PM
Do Long Guis have a higher drop rate? I don't think so....

I got real comfy fighting Adamantortoises (obviously) so I went after a Long Gui and it cast Ultima and killed me in one go. So, I dunno, I'll tackle them later.

All I have left for Achievements in Treasure Hunter, Killing the final boss with 5 stars, 5-Starring all the Cie'th Stones and felling a Long Gui, so yep. Then there's all the personal 100% stuff after that, like filling my inventory with one of everything, maxing all weapons and so on, but that's just gravy.
#5destrian522Posted 4/16/2012 11:19:20 PM
Long Guis have five times the Trapezohedron drop chance that Adamantortoises have. The Platinum Ingot drop chance is slightly lower, but only because you are more likely to get a Trapezohedron.

You need Sen/Sen/Sen for Long Guis (or a Summon, but that's kind of lame for farming). You definitely shouldn't farm them until you finish collecting gil. There's no point.
---
CWLSIV
#6wheresatariPosted 4/16/2012 11:49:06 PM
I'm on my last mission to 5-star right now, and let me just personally say, good luck with mission 64>.< You shouldn't have the issues I had though.

Anyway, then I need to fight the Gui brothers, move on to Ch.12, finish the game and start my farming...bring it on.
---
#7WitchHunting(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2012 2:15:45 AM

I'm on my last mission to 5-star right now, and let me just personally say, good luck with mission 64>.< You shouldn't have the issues I had though.

Anyway, then I need to fight the Gui brothers, move on to Ch.12, finish the game and start my farming...bring it on.

Ah, I haven't even tried that guy yet. I keep hearing about whatta bastard he is, so I'm just powering up weapons for now. They say Poison will kill him, thought won't get you 5 stars...to do that I'll have to fight him evenly, which should be...fun.
#8wheresatariPosted 4/17/2012 2:29:23 AM
I beg to differ; Poison will most definitely get you 5-stars. I just did it today, without landing a single blow outside of my summon's Gestalt mode (and that was simply to buy me some time for Poison to do its job). I won in 16 minutes on Poison alone, with a target time of 26 mins. You'll have the HP to attack too, which I didn't have the luxury of. Constant Poison will still be a must in your fight too though. If you do it my way, the only weapons you'll need are:

Snow - Solaris (Umbra at T2)

Everybody else - Any lvl 1 weapon to raise the target time.

Try it out, but remember, were here to help. We just had a huge ordeal trying to get me through it, so it's fresh in all our minds. Report back with your progress.

Good luck!
---