requesting equipment

#1venkisaragiPosted 5/2/2011 11:42:41 PM
is there anyway to stop them requesting several equipment like accessories ?
i've bench them in some battles, but they still request it.

i want the other member to take it, but it look like that unit always request that accessory rather than the other unit.
they're on the same focus (combat route).

McGrady, Permeth and Oakes always pisses me off, geez
#2sunziPosted 5/3/2011 12:02:52 AM
Not really, unless you change their focus. I haven't really had any trouble with them requesting anything. I quite literally have a unit solo to see if they'll take it. It's possible that they have a mixed focus, which is pretty hard to figure out. I think that certain units have something that determines if they get higher priority when it comes to requesting equips. Something that makes them jump the queue...

I have Perneth quite happily using Rings and Necklaces. Yay.
---
Now playing: The Last Remnant - Athlum Generics Only, Ransatsu
Hoyt GMX 23", KAP Winstorm 30lbs, 8125 w/ Halo, Easton X7 1516
#3venkisaragi(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2011 12:18:41 AM
so there's no other way....orz
i can't figure out why mc grady and oakes always request the accessory not the other member, even after i benched them for several battles.

mixed focus ?
#4sunziPosted 5/3/2011 8:24:06 AM
Did you bench them before engaging an enemy after entering an area? If they were active for even one battle, then they will likely request something. That's why I have a unit solo to get them to request something. I usually use Dillmoor for that. The enemies there are easy enough.
---
#5venkisaragi(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2011 11:08:55 AM
sunzi posted...
Did you bench them before engaging an enemy after entering an area? If they were active for even one battle, then they will likely request something. That's why I have a unit solo to get them to request something. I usually use Dillmoor for that. The enemies there are easy enough.

i bench them even before entering an area, and it's more than 1 battle.
i've tried solo unit, but still the one who request it always oakes/mc grady/permeth........
#6sunziPosted 5/3/2011 11:27:53 AM
Odd. They shouldn't be doing that. I'll see if I can duplicate it. If worse comes to worse, you're going to have to give them the accessories or manipulate the BR to force cloning then switching them with the .ini mod.

Hematea's been annoying me by being Balance focused. So off he goes into his own union for mystic focusing.
---
#7aneres518Posted 5/10/2011 9:47:16 AM

I believe if their class is higher than others, or they have already been assigned a focus, they will keep asking the stuff that they want to use. The only way I stopped them from doing that is to equip the stuff on Rush (either use him or not) so they cease for a while. When some other similar classes are trained ready, make the stuff available agian and deny them several times, other members will then request it.

#8sunziPosted 5/10/2011 10:49:02 AM
Class has nothing to do with it. It's all about the request rank and their focus. Since you can screw up a unit's focus over time, it's possible that they're mixed. From the JP guide, how they conduct themselves in battle can affect what they request. The threshold is 80% of their battles, but I'm not quite sure how many battles. The minimum is apparently 10. But generics... it's hard to say what their true focus is because you can't really guide them through the Party Talk system.

A mixed focus will result in using mixed accessories. So... you can end up having a mystic unit use HP+/STR+ accessories instead of HP+/AP+ or STR+/Phys Res accessories. The focus change takes place when you enter a town, since that's when they will clone/buy/upgrade equipment.
---