Weapon skill questions...

#1Lord BladePosted 7/19/2011 7:24:14 AM
Okay, so how exactly do I learn weapon specific skills?
Do I have to do anything specific? Or is just spamming combat arts good enough? Do I need to use regular attacks?

I'm dual wielding. Does that matter?
Should I put the weapon I want to learn moves for in my main hand?

Also, about weapon levels (the + bonuses they get).
How exactly do I build those up? So far I've just gotten a +1 on one of my katanas. How exactly do I build that up?
---
.- .-.. .-.. -.-- --- ..- .-. -... .- ... . .- .-. . -... . .-.. --- -. --. - --- ..- ...
#2sunziPosted 7/19/2011 7:53:07 AM
1. Just keep using CAs. You earn Weapon Type and Wield Style EXP when you use them. When using only normal attacks, you earn WS EXP only, along with weapon strengthening EXP.

2. Yes, it does. You only earn WT EXP based on your Main Hand unless you have something that boosts WT EXP. In that case, whatever is in your Offhand will also be accounted for. Those accessories would be: Rubber Soul, Doom Chain, Ragna-rock.

3. Use normal attacks. That's it. The amount of EXP earned will vary based on BR difference. Look here for more info:
http://lastremnant.wikia.com/wiki/Weapon_Strengthening_and_Weights
Even if you can't see the EXP, it will give you a rough idea of how long it will take for the strengthening.
---
Now playing: The Last Remnant - SOIAO, Ransatsu. AGO finished @ BR86.
Hoyt GMX 23", KAP Winstorm 30lbs, 8125 w/ Halo, Easton X7 1714
#3Lord Blade(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2011 8:05:42 AM
Apart from making your weapons more powerful, does strengthening them affect anything else?

Is there any requirements for specific weapon levels?
---
.- .-.. .-.. -.-- --- ..- .-. -... .- ... . .- .-. . -... . .-.. --- -. --. - --- ..- ...
#4sunziPosted 7/19/2011 8:11:42 AM
It helps with EVA rates too, although that does sound like stating the obvious... And no additional requirements. Just normal attacks and a decent BR difference. And maybe Chain if you feel up for it.
---
#5Lord Blade(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2011 8:21:21 AM
EVA?

And I didn't mean requirements to level up the weapons. I meant, do you need leveled up weapons for anything else? Or is it just to give you more power?
---
#6sunziPosted 7/19/2011 8:24:04 AM
Evasion. And nope, you don't them for anything else.
---
#7Lord Blade(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2011 8:33:56 AM
Okay, let's toss another question out then.
Stats.

So, according to the wiki, a stat that's 10% higher than the others is "significant" when looking at what class to be.
So what if your stats are even?
Will it then just look at your skill/art values?

If I have 100 strength AND intelligence... would that affect my classes?
---
#8Lord Blade(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2011 8:40:06 AM
Eventually I hope to make Rush an Ordainer, as that looks like a nice class.
---
#9sunziPosted 7/19/2011 8:45:57 AM(edited)
Yep. It's further down the list of checks the game will make. If it doesn't see that there are any significant stats, then it'll look at significant categories, then at significant skills. If it finds anything, then it'll compile a list of possible changes. What arts you have is just an indicator of the Skill's level.

At STR100 and INT100, it would depend on Category significance, but likely would have already finished your class changes by then. You can still shift if not already in a Rank 7 class.

ETA: Ordainer? OK, in that case, don't train MAs too much, or just don't do anything but CAs with Rush. You're running the risk of meeting the Ninja requirements since you're DWing with Katana.
---
#10Lord Blade(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2011 8:47:38 AM
Category significance? You mean like Combat or Mystic?
---